Builder Last Online: Apr 2021 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/4 Rating:  (1 votes - 5.00 average) Thanks: 4
      Started: 03-28-20 Build Revisions: Never  
      Supported Attribution Scratch Built

Bugatt Type 35 , 1/4th Scale-bugatti-type-35-2-3-jpg

Bugatt Type 35 , 1/4th Scale
      Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.
    JOIN THE SMC ALLIANCE NOW

1. MODEL A MODEL's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    don
    Bien!

-craftsmanship is a lifelong project of
    self-construction and self determination
    QUOTE QUOTE #182

2. Roy vd M.'s Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Roy
    Wow that really is a great source of information, particularly drawings and dimensions! I never knew they had books such as these in their catalogue.
    QUOTE QUOTE #183

3. MODEL A MODEL's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    don
    Ok? For the pure Bugatti nuts out there? (myself included!)

PSM make excellent models, really superb work. -and now they offer a book about the Type 59 model that they sell! The book is titled

BUGATTI TYPE 59, 1934

It is 50 pages long. Absolutely filled with photographs of their model in as many pieces as the actual car, (well almost!)

It looks to show everything, not too much ink wasted in the printed word, -but the pictures being worth a thousand words, and they're model being worth several hundred pictures, . .

All for the price of EUR 190.00!!!!

Check it out at:

https://widgetviewer.photoconnector.net
    /?widgetld=ef59c02-ae4c-4b46-9b46-6f72db94c291&locale=fr-FR&nocache1612203867902&popup=true

Enjoy!

I'm sorry, I can't get the website to work! It is worth the trouble though! -so go to PSM or THE BUGATTI PAGE, and look for New Book Announcements. Sorry!

Last edited by MODEL A MODEL; 03-25-21 at 11:52 AM.
    QUOTE QUOTE #184

4. MODEL A MODEL's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    don
    One more try ! ! !

https://www.bugattipage.com/book80.htm

There! That works ! ! !

Though this is not the preview that is offered on the other site. You can access that preview by clicking on it AT this page. Scroll around and you'll find it. It's near the top, just under the mentioning of the price.

Of interest is the technique used in creating the rear body panels. Slice by slice. On the 14th page.

-and the use of Copper rivets on the Aluminum bulkhead / firewall, -dashboard!

-look at their leaf springs, they are having the same issue I have had in rolling over the leaf to form an "eye"

Remember that though this is a 1/8th scale model, same as the Monogram and POCHER models, I believe that they have approached this as a small business, and employ a small group of artisan/machinist/modelers. Apparently investing much time and money in research, in machinery, fixtures, and skilled workers. I don't think that this is the handwork of one individual. (Though one could do it all? -and maybe?)

There is a lot of useful information in this examination of their model. This is the "State of the Art" in model making.

Frustrating and inspiring at the same time!

Last edited by MODEL A MODEL; 03-27-21 at 12:33 PM.
    QUOTE QUOTE #185

5. Roger Zimmermann's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Roger
    Impressive model indeed. I know the time needed to make one frame rail; on one picture, there are 5 or 6 side by side! Obviously a small serie job, which does not take away the workmanship needed to finish one model.
    QUOTE QUOTE #186

6. MODEL A MODEL's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    don
    Yes!

For me, the larger the scale, the greater the obligation to being accurate. I understand the modelers who in small scales comment that they are trying to display the "CHARACTER" of a whatever, but I disagree. That is not making a model. Maybe it is ART? -and if someone wants to settle for the lesser? -so be it!

But for me? -CRAFTSMANSHIP, and FIDELITY to the work are all important. Be an "Artist", it's easy, making a really accurate model is an achievement!

Now? (again, my opinion), these models are too perfect? Actual Bugatti racers were never this clean and tidy. Their luxury cars were, but not the racers. In the period, some of these cars were driven to the race! All of them were driven around the factory, and the local country roads, to try them out. Engines were tested on the bench, on the chassis, and in the paddock, on the road, on the track, . . .

It seems to me that PSM have applied the techniques used by watchmakers, and jewelers to great effect. And probably in doing so, they are employing more than just a few people, and paying the rent for a few families, . . . -so, it is a good thing! I hope they have a long and successful run!

(my opinion)

Don

I have viewed and reviewed the above several times now, and an oversight of the book, is the brevity regarding the Type 59 wheels. PSM has made them, and they appear in a few of the photos, but aren't done the coverage they deserve. I have seen other sources, images of the PSM wheels, and they are fantastic!

Interesting oversight.

Last edited by MODEL A MODEL; 03-26-21 at 02:51 PM.
    QUOTE QUOTE #187