Close

1/8 Monogram Turbo T/A with broken pillars, top and multiple cracked body.
Goal amount for this year: 518 USD, Received: 415.00 USD (80%)
Scalemotorcars is a free and open community devoted to scale modeling. The heart and soul of Scalemotorcars is our global community of over 10,000+ contributors, millions of readers, and donors like yourself all united to share unlimited access to reliable information. Your donations keep Scalemotorcars freely available to everyone.

This years bandwidth costs, hosting service, domain registration, software licensing fees, and maintenance cost have a balance of $518 due by the end of August, (extended to the end of Septembers). Please help us keep Scalemotorcars growing by making a donation today.
Thank you.

1/8 Monogram Turbo T/A with broken pillars, top and multiple cracked body. 1/8 Monogram Turbo T/A with broken pillars, top and multiple cracked body. 1/8 Monogram Turbo T/A with broken pillars, top and multiple cracked body. 1/8 Monogram Turbo T/A with broken pillars, top and multiple cracked body. 1/8 Monogram Turbo T/A with broken pillars, top and multiple cracked body.
Accepted Payment Types

Builder Last Online: Sep 2019 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  Thanks: 0
      Started: 08-20-19 Build Revisions: Never  
      Not Supported Kit Bashed Restoration Completed

The first couple pics depict some of the repairs seen from the interior. The rest show a fairly stock build but with a black interior and added headliner, interior light and sunvisors.

Build Photos

1/8 Monogram Turbo T/A with broken pillars, top and multiple cracked body.-100_1118-jpg  1/8 Monogram Turbo T/A with broken pillars, top and multiple cracked body.-100_1117-jpg  1/8 Monogram Turbo T/A with broken pillars, top and multiple cracked body.-100_1113-jpg  1/8 Monogram Turbo T/A with broken pillars, top and multiple cracked body.-100_1149-jpg  1/8 Monogram Turbo T/A with broken pillars, top and multiple cracked body.-100_1150-jpg  1/8 Monogram Turbo T/A with broken pillars, top and multiple cracked body.-100_1151-jpg  1/8 Monogram Turbo T/A with broken pillars, top and multiple cracked body.-100_1152-jpg  1/8 Monogram Turbo T/A with broken pillars, top and multiple cracked body.-100_1154-jpg  1/8 Monogram Turbo T/A with broken pillars, top and multiple cracked body.-100_1155-jpg  1/8 Monogram Turbo T/A with broken pillars, top and multiple cracked body.-100_1156-jpg  1/8 Monogram Turbo T/A with broken pillars, top and multiple cracked body.-100_1157-jpg  1/8 Monogram Turbo T/A with broken pillars, top and multiple cracked body.-100_1158-jpg  1/8 Monogram Turbo T/A with broken pillars, top and multiple cracked body.-100_1159-jpg  1/8 Monogram Turbo T/A with broken pillars, top and multiple cracked body.-100_1160-jpg  1/8 Monogram Turbo T/A with broken pillars, top and multiple cracked body.-100_1162-jpg 

Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.
    JOIN THE SMC ALLIANCE NOW

1. JunkGTZ's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Larry
    So this is a restoration of a previous build? Nice work!
    QUOTE QUOTE #2

2. Roger Zimmermann's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Roger
    What is the reason for the damages? Bad handling before the assembly or during the "life" of the model? I like it; US cars are under represented here!
    QUOTE QUOTE #3

3. Vic Arcudi's Avatar Member
    Name
    Armando
    Thanks for the kind words. Actually The car started life as 2 separate kits, both had broken and/or missing parts. The roof was cracked lengthwise from the rear window up to the front, where both front pillars had cracked and the bits had fallen off. There was also a crack along where the trunk lid's supposed to be.
    I guess all this damage was caused by bad handling over many, many years.
    To fix it all I glued all the broken body parts back together and reinforced them from the inside with short lengths of steel wire epoxied in place. An example's visible on the 2nd pic from the top.
    I then proceeded to fill & sand 1/8 Monogram Turbo T/A with broken pillars, top and multiple cracked body. back the damaged parts. Others which were missing had to be cobbled together, i.e. the ashtray covers & shifter quadrant, I also added a couple of speaker covers on the rear deck. The rest was all painted using gloss, semi gloss & flat black.
    The engine also had to be re-done as whoever sold the model to me had already assembled, painted and then disassembled the model to sell it. After redoing the job and slightly weathering 1/8 Monogram Turbo T/A with broken pillars, top and multiple cracked body. the engine I added wiring and put it all together.
    As a result I now find myself with quite a few redundant parts (interior tub, 2 seats without the rear 3rd part, dashboard, rear bumper, rear spoiler windshield & rear window (with a slight hairline crack from the top) plus quite a few decals including a screaming chicken (with a crease down one portion).

1/8 Monogram Turbo T/A with broken pillars, top and multiple cracked body.
    Last edited by Vic Arcudi; 08-23-19 at 08:16 AM.
    QUOTE QUOTE #4

4. Roger Zimmermann's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Roger
    Thanks for the explanation!
    QUOTE QUOTE #5