Close

Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 27 28 29 30 31 32
    1. Kit: Pocher Bugatti type 50 Coupé de Ville, by (Yearly Subscriber) ThierryD86 is online now
      Builder Last Online: Apr 2019 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  (1 votes - 5.00 average) Thanks: 6
      Started: 09-10-16 Build Revisions: Never  
      Supported Includes Transkit Restoration Attribution
      Build in Progress

Hello

As I said in my introduction on this forum, 26 years have passed since I've begun the assembly of this precious and rare model, and 24 since I abandonned it on the shelf, gathering dust and rust.
      Recently, I woke up, and decided to re-start it, and, if possible, achieve it.
      I disassembled entirely the model and began this resurrection !

Actually, "she" is in this state:
      - Chassis with frame rails, brakes, fuel tank, rear and front axle assembled
      - engine with many extra details ( according to the reference photos of Paul Koo's DVD and other found on the net, particularly on gallery section of Tthis website), mounted on the chassis with B002 Engine mount of MCM (Thanks Marvin )
      - Steering box installed with personal and extra detailing.
      - Engine mounted on the frame.
      - Extra detailed firewall achieved and mounted
      - Radiator with some improvements mounted too

I've added or am going to doit, numerous parts or advanced features as:
      - Speedometer cable
      - Tachometer cable
      - Functional linkage of accelerator Pocher Bugatti type 50 Coupé de Ville: à résurrection.
      working on carburetors and supercharger
      And many others...

As much as possible, I used bolts instead of screws, and, where not, I painted the screws in black, to hide them.
      The chassis was painted with automotive black primer Pocher Bugatti type 50 Coupé de Ville: à résurrection. , which gave it a softly grained aspect.
      For all the engine parts, I used Alclad Pocher Bugatti type 50 Coupé de Ville: à résurrection. metal paints with my airbrush Pocher Bugatti type 50 Coupé de Ville: à résurrection. , and here and there, tamiya Pocher Bugatti type 50 Coupé de Ville: à résurrection. paints with a soft or a dry brush.
      Many details are scratched with aluminium sheet (0.3 mm thickness), Styrène sheet and rods, brass or copper or alu tubes and rods (from 0.3 mm to 2 mm) , micro bolts and threaded rod, micro washers, destroyed watch parts or photo-etched parts(engine cam covers, photo-etched grill for the radiator), thanks to Ebay
      Several parts have been modified when necessary, especially to make them closer to the real ones.

And now, some overviews of the model, in its actual state....more detailed photos of the step by step building to go later if anybody is interested

Ps: I didn't found the way to put an explicit picture of my building before the title of the thread.. So, if anyone could help me...

Pocher Bugatti type 50 Coupé de Ville: à résurrection.

Build Photos

Pocher Bugatti type 50 Coupé de Ville: à résurrection.-chargement-jpg  Pocher Bugatti type 50 Coupé de Ville: à résurrection.-k84-jpg 

Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.
    JOIN THE SMC ALLIANCE NOW

1. ThierryD86's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Thierry
    Good evening chaps

On my first brake axis, the inner end which will receive a rod (where to attach the spring) isn't large enough ... so I can't attach on it the rod, because it would hit against the lower brake shoe.
    Furthermore, the dimension of the different sections are not perfect
    So, I've had to machine a new one, and then a second one.

For those who may be interested in knowing how I've made them, here is the process:

- Starting from a 8 mm diameter brass rod (21-22 mm long) , because the oval section (the cam) is 7.5 mm wide.
    - Put it in a 8 mm collet on the lathe

- Reduce the diameter to 4 mm over 10mm long (1st section, will be outer the drum and will receive the brake lever)
    - Then reduce the diameter to 5 mm over 1.5 mm long (2nd section)
    - Then jump a 8 mm section over 3 mm (3rd section)
    - Get the part out of the 8 mm collet.
    - Reverse it
    - Put the 4 mm end in a 4 mm collet on the lathe
    - Reduce the diameter to 4 mm over 6 mm (4th section)
    - Mark the center with a centering drill bit (1 mm)
    - Drill this end with a 1 mm drill bit over 2-3 mm depth
    - Reduce the length of this end section from 6 to 5 mm.
    - Get out the part out of the mill

I've got this:

Then put this part on the dividing head that you have previously attached horizontally on the milling table, in order to fix the part vertically, the inner end (4 mm diameter over 5 mm long) on the top

The 1 mm hole previously drilled at this end will be used to set X0 and Y0 points for the CNC mill

Then, using Estlcam and a little G-Code file, I've milled the 8 mm diameter section, in order to get an oval shape:

After several tries (because mistakes with settings of coordinates), I've got a part that I've put another time in a 4 mm collet on the mill, in order to reduce the 10 mm long 4 mm section to a 2.4 mm diameter, and finally I got that part:

Of course, the brake lever fits well on this axis:

So, I've actually machined 2 brake axis, but they are not finished.
    It remains some difficult and very accurate things to do:
    - I've to make measurements of lengths and angles, to attach the rod for the tensioning spring at the right place, in order to ensure the system operates correctly , and to calculate the good length of a homemade spring.
    - And I'll have too to mill a 0.8 mm groove at the end of the 2.4 mm section, placed at the right angle. This groove will host the M1 bolt that attach the brake lever on the axis

While waiting for this, hereunder are some pics that shows the system:

Not counting the drum, the brake shoes and the 2 springs, each assembly comprises 6 parts.

I wouldn't even dare to count the hours I've already spent for that insignificant job

Stay tuned if you like and thanks for watching

Pocher Bugatti type 50 Coupé de Ville: à résurrection.
    QUOTE QUOTE #467

2. markus68's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Markus
    a lot of insignificant jobs will bring you a great model car. ;-)
    QUOTE QUOTE #468