Close

Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 LastLast
    1. Kit: Pocher Bugatti type 50 Coupé de Ville, by (Yearly Subscriber) ThierryD86 is online now
      Builder Last Online: Dec 2018 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  (1 votes - 5.00 average) Thanks: 5
      Started: 09-10-16 Build Revisions: Never  
      Supported Includes Transkit Restoration Attribution
      Build in Progress

Hello

As I said in my introduction on this forum, 26 years have passed since I've begun the assembly of this precious and rare model, and 24 since I abandonned it on the shelf, gathering dust and rust.
      Recently, I woke up, and decided to re-start it, and, if possible, achieve it.
      I disassembled entirely the model and began this resurrection !

Actually, "she" is in this state:
      - Chassis with frame rails, brakes, fuel tank, rear and front axle assembled
      - engine with many extra details ( according to the reference photos of Paul Koo's DVD and other found on the net, particularly on gallery section of Tthis website), mounted on the chassis with B002 Engine mount of MCM (Thanks Marvin )
      - Steering box installed with personal and extra detailing.
      - Engine mounted on the frame.
      - Extra detailed firewall achieved and mounted
      - Radiator with some improvements mounted too

I've added or am going to doit, numerous parts or advanced features as:
      - Speedometer cable
      - Tachometer cable
      - Functional linkage of accelerator Pocher Bugatti type 50 Coupé de Ville: à résurrection.
      working on carburetors and supercharger
      And many others...

As much as possible, I used bolts instead of screws, and, where not, I painted the screws in black, to hide them.
      The chassis was painted with automotive black primer Pocher Bugatti type 50 Coupé de Ville: à résurrection. , which gave it a softly grained aspect.
      For all the engine parts, I used Alclad Pocher Bugatti type 50 Coupé de Ville: à résurrection. metal paints with my airbrush Pocher Bugatti type 50 Coupé de Ville: à résurrection. , and here and there, tamiya Pocher Bugatti type 50 Coupé de Ville: à résurrection. paints with a soft or a dry brush.
      Many details are scratched with aluminium sheet (0.3 mm thickness), Styrène sheet and rods, brass or copper or alu tubes and rods (from 0.3 mm to 2 mm) , micro bolts and threaded rod, micro washers, destroyed watch parts or photo-etched parts(engine cam covers, photo-etched grill for the radiator), thanks to Ebay
      Several parts have been modified when necessary, especially to make them closer to the real ones.

And now, some overviews of the model, in its actual state....more detailed photos of the step by step building to go later if anybody is interested

Ps: I didn't found the way to put an explicit picture of my building before the title of the thread.. So, if anyone could help me...

Pocher Bugatti type 50 Coupé de Ville: à résurrection.

Build Photos

Pocher Bugatti type 50 Coupé de Ville: à résurrection.-chargement-jpg  Pocher Bugatti type 50 Coupé de Ville: à résurrection.-k84-jpg 

Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.
    JOIN THE SMC ALLIANCE NOW

1. Roger Zimmermann's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Roger
    Markus, the CNC system is just like some help. You can do that on a conventional milling machine; it takes more time and the most difficulty is to have a second part exactly the same. After all, this is a hobby and not a mass production!
    QUOTE QUOTE #437

2. markus68's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Markus
    I know but sometimes i miss a CNC system on my milling machine.
    QUOTE QUOTE #438

3. ThierryD86's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Thierry
    Thanks a lot Markus, coming from you, I'm touched :)

QUOTE QUOTE #439

4. markus68's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Markus
    :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #440

5. ThierryD86's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Thierry
    Hi chaps

Day's production:

A rough for the second rear brake lever, and another for a third front brake lever (one of those I've machined and considered as good, is too thin relatively to the other, so....)
    These two parts are not finished, of course.

And a first try for a Diy shock absorber's lever: this part look like a rear brake lever, but is less high of 2 mm, is finer and shorter, and has a hole M0,6 at its bottom end, in which a M0,6 screw and bolt ha been placed. the bottom end is normally split
    And on the real car this screw is used to tighten the bottom end of the lever around the axle, stretching the split.
    The split has been simulated by an 0.5 mm wide and depth engraving,
    The top eye is 0,6mm drilled and is not opened.

This part need still a lot of sanding and polishing before to become acceptable, but with these pictures you could get a rough idea of what it will look like once finished

Comparison between a rear brake lever and a shock absorber's one:

It remains to machine 3 other levers, and it's a a lot of work (3 hours each at least)

Stay tuned if you like and thanks for watching

Last edited by ThierryD86; 10-27-18 at 05:46 PM.
    QUOTE QUOTE #441

6. Roger Zimmermann's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Roger
    Indeed, with that CNC method, you are not gaining a lot of time, you just have identical parts. An advantage when the shape is complex or when there are holes. At least they are at the same place.
    Where did you buy your 0.6mm screws? Mines came from Germany, but the diameter is not quite exact, usually too small and the nut is turning and turning…
    On the other side, the screws diameter 0.5mm in stainless steel I bought in the USA are perfect.
    QUOTE QUOTE #442

7. ThierryD86's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Thierry
    Hi Roger
    I purchased my M0.6 screws and bolts at this webstore: Micro-modele.fr (https://micro-modele.fr/fr/359-din933m-m06)

Concerning my CNC job: you're absolutely right, the goal was to get identical parts whose shape was complex and technically unfeasible on a Non-CNC miller.....And I got them !

QUOTE QUOTE #443

8. Roger Zimmermann's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Roger
    Thanks Thierry for the info!
    QUOTE QUOTE #444

9. ThierryD86's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Thierry
    Hi Gentlemen

I've not yet finished my two brake levers (only milled the roughs) nor my damper's levers.
    But today, while driving my car, I've had an idea to cut very small sprockets 5 mm diameter to replace those I'd placed against the front brake's chains, because I'm not ever happy with them (one is metallic Pocher Bugatti type 50 Coupé de Ville: à résurrection. , the other made with plastic)

So, using the lathe and the miller, with the help of my dividing rotary chuck, I've cut 12 teeth around a 5mm brass rod with a 1mm bit, each tooth separated from the following one by 1.3 mm on the perimeter (30°), and I've got this first try.

I have to refine the technique in order to get nicer and much regular sprockets, but the result of my thoughts and first test is quite encouraging

To improve the technique, I've several ideasFor instance, cutting the teeth on a 5.5 mm rod, to get M1 holes, and then mill gently 0.5 mm on the periphery to get my 5 mm sprocketStay tuned if you like, and thanks for watching

QUOTE QUOTE #445

10. markus68's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Markus
    QUOTE QUOTE #446

11. ThierryD86's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Thierry
    Good evening chaps

The work goes on...

Hereunder the set of parts I've machined or built for the front brake system, and some other parts that have to be finished
    Sprockets are done, one chain has to be assembled, and, if I have the courage, I'll build 2 more chains in order to be the closest as possible of the real car.

Stay tuned if you like and thanks for watching
    Tomorrow is the first birthday of my preferred and beloved scale model...my grand-daughter Emma

QUOTE QUOTE #447

12. MODEL A MODEL's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    don
    Kit
    Pocher Bugatti type 50 Coupé de Ville
    ​Starting to look like jewelry!
    -craftsmanship is a lifelong project of
    self-construction and self determination
    QUOTE QUOTE #448

13. ThierryD86's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Thierry
    Will be back to the bench at the end of next week
    Actually on holidays in Montréal ��

QUOTE QUOTE #449

14. QUOTE QUOTE #450

15. ThierryD86's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Thierry
    Evening chaps

Preparatory work for the front brake lever system...

I've purchased on Ebay new brake drums and I'm following PROPELLER 's method to enhance the braking system..

I'm however wondering if It would be possible to combine his method and the Pocher's one, in order to get working brakes and always tightened brake cable.
    At the moment, I've turned on the lathe a shaft for the lever and a shim that will be interleaved between drum and lever.
    The outer end of this shaft has received a 0.8 mm wide groove, in which the M1 bolt will cross, locking the shaft and the lever against the drum.
    Later, I'll work on the inner end of the shaft to make a mechanism which ensures the lever to be inclined forward.

Some pictures blew to illustrate my little job:

Stay tuned if you like, and thanks for watching

QUOTE QUOTE #451