Close

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 212223242526
    1. Kit: Pocher Bugatti type 50 Coupé de Ville, by (Yearly Subscriber) ThierryD86 is offline
      Builder Last Online: Apr 2018 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  (1 votes - 5.00 average) Thanks: 5
      Started: 09-10-16 Build Revisions: Never  
      Supported Includes Transkit Restoration Attribution
      Build in Progress

Hello

As I said in my introduction on this forum, 26 years have passed since I've begun the assembly of this precious and rare model, and 24 since I abandonned it on the shelf, gathering dust and rust.
      Recently, I woke up, and decided to re-start it, and, if possible, achieve it.
      I disassembled entirely the model and began this resurrection !

Actually, "she" is in this state:
      - Chassis with frame rails, brakes, fuel tank, rear and front axle assembled
      - engine with many extra details ( according to the reference photos of Paul Koo's DVD and other found on the net, particularly on gallery section of Tthis website), mounted on the chassis with B002 Engine mount of MCM (Thanks Marvin )
      - Steering box installed with personal and extra detailing.
      - Engine mounted on the frame.
      - Extra detailed firewall achieved and mounted
      - Radiator with some improvements mounted too

I've added or am going to doit, numerous parts or advanced features as:
      - Speedometer cable
      - Tachometer cable
      - Functional linkage of accelerator Pocher Bugatti type 50 Coupé de Ville: à résurrection.
      working on carburetors and supercharger
      And many others...

As much as possible, I used bolts instead of screws, and, where not, I painted the screws in black, to hide them.
      The chassis was painted with automotive black primer Pocher Bugatti type 50 Coupé de Ville: à résurrection. , which gave it a softly grained aspect.
      For all the engine parts, I used Alclad Pocher Bugatti type 50 Coupé de Ville: à résurrection. metal paints with my airbrush Pocher Bugatti type 50 Coupé de Ville: à résurrection. , and here and there, tamiya Pocher Bugatti type 50 Coupé de Ville: à résurrection. paints with a soft or a dry brush.
      Many details are scratched with aluminium sheet (0.3 mm thickness), Styrène sheet and rods, brass or copper or alu tubes and rods (from 0.3 mm to 2 mm) , micro bolts and threaded rod, micro washers, destroyed watch parts or photo-etched parts(engine cam covers, photo-etched grill for the radiator), thanks to Ebay
      Several parts have been modified when necessary, especially to make them closer to the real ones.

And now, some overviews of the model, in its actual state....more detailed photos of the step by step building to go later if anybody is interested

Ps: I didn't found the way to put an explicit picture of my building before the title of the thread.. So, if anyone could help me...

Pocher Bugatti type 50 Coupé de Ville: à résurrection.

Build Photos

Pocher Bugatti type 50 Coupé de Ville: à résurrection.-chargement-jpg Pocher Bugatti type 50 Coupé de Ville: à résurrection.-k84-jpg 

Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.
    JOIN THE SMC ALLIANCE NOW

1. ThierryD86's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Thierry
    Resurrection, after a 3-month silence...

Wasn't dead, but very busy, and tired after a bad flu (despite vaccination) and then a pneumonia !
    I'd too a lot of work for curing Pocher Bugatti type 50 Coupé de Ville: à résurrection. my parents and my grand-daughter Emma.

If that was not enough, I'm suffering from renal colics since Sunday.
    However, I was able to sit at my bench and continue scratch building my new sparewheel's wing-nut.

Taper turning the second arm, and its ending sphere:

And finally, after filing, polishing and separating this "arm", I got the 5 parts I need to build the wing-nut

Once soldered together, I'll get approximatively that:

And it will only remain to nickel plate the nut, and "paint" black the bottom of the central disk, to ensure that the EB logo stand out clearly against the dark background.

Be patient and stay tuned il you like

Last edited by ThierryD86; 03-28-18 at 01:56 PM.
    QUOTE QUOTE #377

2. MODEL A MODEL's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    don
    Kit
    Pocher Bugatti type 50 Coupé de Ville
    ​Sorry to hear that you've been ill. It hasn't affected your work, it is all looking very good! The "EB" looks very nice!
    -craftsmanship is a lifelong project of
    self-construction and self determination
    QUOTE QUOTE #378

3. Quote Originally Posted by Egon View Post
    It looks fine so far, do you know there are gear and chain on the brake lines in front and the middle, I havn't found a pic of the rear brakes.
    When you get to this, it might be worth your while to get some fusee watch chain. I do not know exactly what size you will need - nor what exact size the chain is, but from memory it should be suitable. E-bay often has some at a reasonable rate. - you would not need a complete chain so a broken cheap one should do.
    QUOTE QUOTE #379

4. ThierryD86's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Thierry
    Thanks Paddy
    It's an old post from Egon I read when published
    Too late for front brake lines, as you could see in my thread
    And it has not been planned for the middle...It would have been too complicated and would have need too much modifications of the Pocher's chassis.

QUOTE QUOTE #380

5. ThierryD86's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Thierry
    Hi chaps

This evening, first arm of my nut has been silver soldered, using jewelry's silver paste.
    Why silver soldering ?Because of the high temperature it requires, approximatively 900°C.So, once the first arm welded, if I solder the second arm using low temperature soldering, the first arm will not unsolder....hum. theoretically ....fingers crossed

As you can see, the crocodile clip of my second hand, that hold the parts during the soldering, left some marks on the central nut...I'll fix this little Injury later, with sanding Pocher Bugatti type 50 Coupé de Ville: à résurrection.
    and polishing:

Stay tuned if you like, and thanks for watching

QUOTE QUOTE #381

6. ThierryD86's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Thierry
    Oouuuups
    Second arm damaged while soldering
    I do not understand what happened:

I've to turn another one...this will be tomorrow

QUOTE QUOTE #382

7. MODEL A MODEL's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    don
    Kit
    Hello Thierry!

Well, this is not good, you were making such a beautiful part! -we all have set backs.

Had you silver soldered, and then soft soldered, and then back to silver? I read that doing this, the back and forth between solders is bad, as the lead solder at the higher temperatures will eat through your base metal. -I experimented a long time ago, doing just that, and sure enough! the soft solder did "eat" right through a copper fender!

Thank you for sharing! (Remember Roger's museum? -I've got one too!)

Thanks again! Good Luck! -Don
    QUOTE QUOTE #383

8. ThierryD86's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Thierry
    Thanks for this explanation,Model a Model
    I've silver soldered the first arm
    As the pin of the second arm was thinner Pocher Bugatti type 50 Coupé de Ville: à résurrection. than the nut's hole diameter, I've beforehand stuck this arm on the nut with a very little drop of CA gel, at the bottom of the hole.
    Then, I've intended to soft solder this second arm, using low-temperature silver-brazing 221°C.
    It didn't work, and when I've took the arm to eliminate the molten solder, I noticed the brass was corroded !

QUOTE QUOTE #384

9. ThierryD86's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Thierry
    Finally !

After my burnt last nut's arm, I've waited some time before starting over a new one....and I think tonight that I should have waited more !

In fact, today, I wanted to mow the lawn, but the tractor's battery was down, so I didn't have better to do that sit down at my bench

And I've turned on the lathe 3 arms, wasting the first two, due to a lack of concentration.

Anyways, my second arm has been turned and filed and soldered on the nut
    The, arms have been bended outward, and below is the result:

Spheres at the end of the arms are far to perfect, but I will be happy with them after a lightly sanding Pocher Bugatti type 50 Coupé de Ville: à résurrection.

All that remain is to sold the central disk on this set, then to nickel plate the ensemble, and finally to stick the micro EB logo, and tint black the bottom of the disk in order to bring it to light....

Stay tuned if you like, and sorry for the slowness of my build

Last edited by ThierryD86; 04-15-18 at 05:34 PM.
    QUOTE QUOTE #385

10. MODEL A MODEL's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    don
    Kit
    Brass arms look great! -what does your lawn look like??
    QUOTE QUOTE #386

11. ThierryD86's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Thierry
    Thanks Model a Model :)

Central disk soldered:

QUOTE QUOTE #387

12. markus68's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Markus
    Very nice. Markus
    QUOTE QUOTE #388

13. ThierryD86's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Thierry
    Time for tiny bits

A plug for the radiator's hole of my Lady Bug through which cross the starting handle (Crazy CRANK). Nickel plating remains to do...

And hereunder a try for rounded-head micro-bolt.... Doesn't exist ?...have done it !

I'm working on a cosmetic solution for the attachment of the direction shafts and the wheels, and I need such type of bolts

The bolt is 3,22 mm diameter and is threaded M1:

Stay tuned if you like, and thanks for watching

QUOTE QUOTE #389

14. Egon's Avatar Moderator
    Name
    egon
    Find some old def. cameras plenty of small bolts and screws inside.
    QUOTE QUOTE #390