Close

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 202122232425
    1. Kit: Pocher Bugatti type 50 Coupé de Ville, by (Yearly Subscriber) ThierryD86 is offline
      Builder Last Online: Jan 2018 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  (1 votes - 5.00 average) Thanks: 5
      Started: 09-10-16 Build Revisions: Never  
      Supported Includes Transkit Restoration Attribution
      Build in Progress

Hello

As I said in my introduction on this forum, 26 years have passed since I've begun the assembly of this precious and rare model, and 24 since I abandonned it on the shelf, gathering dust and rust.
      Recently, I woke up, and decided to re-start it, and, if possible, achieve it.
      I disassembled entirely the model and began this resurrection !

Actually, "she" is in this state:
      - Chassis with frame rails, brakes, fuel tank, rear and front axle assembled
      - engine with many extra details ( according to the reference photos of Paul Koo's DVD and other found on the net, particularly on gallery section of Tthis website), mounted on the chassis with B002 Engine mount of MCM (Thanks Marvin )
      - Steering box installed with personal and extra detailing.
      - Engine mounted on the frame.
      - Extra detailed firewall achieved and mounted
      - Radiator with some improvements mounted too

I've added or am going to doit, numerous parts or advanced features as:
      - Speedometer cable
      - Tachometer cable
      - Functional linkage of accelerator Pocher Bugatti type 50 Coupé de Ville: à résurrection.
      working on carburetors and supercharger
      And many others...

As much as possible, I used bolts instead of screws, and, where not, I painted the screws in black, to hide them.
      The chassis was painted with automotive black primer Pocher Bugatti type 50 Coupé de Ville: à résurrection. , which gave it a softly grained aspect.
      For all the engine parts, I used Alclad Pocher Bugatti type 50 Coupé de Ville: à résurrection. metal paints with my airbrush Pocher Bugatti type 50 Coupé de Ville: à résurrection. , and here and there, tamiya Pocher Bugatti type 50 Coupé de Ville: à résurrection. paints with a soft or a dry brush.
      Many details are scratched with aluminium sheet (0.3 mm thickness), Styrène sheet and rods, brass or copper or alu tubes and rods (from 0.3 mm to 2 mm) , micro bolts and threaded rod, micro washers, destroyed watch parts or photo-etched parts(engine cam covers, photo-etched grill for the radiator), thanks to Ebay
      Several parts have been modified when necessary, especially to make them closer to the real ones.

And now, some overviews of the model, in its actual state....more detailed photos of the step by step building to go later if anybody is interested

Ps: I didn't found the way to put an explicit picture of my building before the title of the thread.. So, if anyone could help me...

Pocher Bugatti type 50 Coupé de Ville: à résurrection.

Build Photos

Pocher Bugatti type 50 Coupé de Ville: à résurrection.-chargement-jpg Pocher Bugatti type 50 Coupé de Ville: à résurrection.-k84-jpg 

Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.
    JOIN THE SMC ALLIANCE NOW

1. Jo NZ's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Jo
    It's not lost forever. As with all small parts, it will re-appear - but only once you have made a replacement for it
    QUOTE QUOTE #362

2. ThierryD86's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Thierry
    First try on brass plate:

Promising start, I think

QUOTE QUOTE #363

3. ThierryD86's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Thierry
    Busy doctor, slow car builder
    And I'm kept very busy too with the repair and painting of the wooden baby's bed in which slept my wife, sixty years ago, because, since 1th November, I'M GRANDFATHER, of a little sweet Emma

However, today, I sat behind my bench and made a little job.
    I'm not 100% happy with the result, but I'm pleased to share it with you, and am expecting critics and comments

So, I cut of a approx. 8x8 plate, centered by EB logo:

Then I turned a brass stand on the lathe, using a 8 mm brass rod

Then I soldered the "EB" plate on the stand

Then I put the stand on the milling machine, in the jaws of dividing head, and cut a 6 mm disk-shaped "EB" plate: sorry, no picture

Then I unsoldered the plate and the stand

Next, I put the spare-wheel locker on the lathe, and excavate a disk-shaped housing for the EB logo

And at least, I cement (at the moment) the plate on the nut and made a little test inking black the logo

AT its place on the car:

That's all for now, folks

Thanks for looking and stay tuned if you like

QUOTE QUOTE #364

4. MODEL A MODEL's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    don
    Kit
    Pocher Bugatti type 50 Coupé de Ville
    Congratulations!!!! Grandpa!!
    Last edited by MODEL A MODEL; 12-11-17 at 11:33 AM.
    -craftsmanship is a lifelong project of
    self-construction and self determination
    QUOTE QUOTE #365

5. markus68's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Markus
    Looks good. Congratulations. Markus
    QUOTE QUOTE #366

6. ritual19's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Harry
    Kit
    Pocher Bugatti type 50 Coupé de Ville
    Congratulation.
    QUOTE QUOTE #367

7. ThierryD86's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Thierry
    Thanks mates

QUOTE QUOTE #368

8. ThierryD86's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Thierry
    First of all, I wish a happy new year to all members of Scalemotocars

I've been busy, but have read all your comments and advices...

I wasn't very happy with my EB logo !

Since two weeks, I've thought about how to make my EB logo ?...engraving ?, stamping with my punches (that are not really very close to the font ordinary used to draw this logo), photo-etching ?
    Engraving supposes to buy a CNC system for my Proxxon milling machine....I'll certainly buy it in the future but actually, it costs, in Germany, 459 euros (GO.CNC.de)
    Photo-etching supposes to buy a lot of tools, chemical products, practice a lot before reaching skills enough to get a good result....no time, and no desire to waste a lot of money, nor inhale toxic fumes !

And suddenly, I remembered that I'd bought on Ebay Germany some sets of photo-etched parts to replace those of my kit that were broken or lost....
    And, forgotten in some bottom drawer, I found that:

And I've thought that I could use the photo-etched EB logos on the oval plates
    The letters are 2,3 mm high, what is just enough, not to be ridiculous !

I've tried two methods:

First one, putting the photo-etched set on the milling machine, and drilling 0,6 mm holes following the relief of the logo, to get a 3D logo, then filing.
    Not very easy and I've got the result below, not so bad, but frankly perfectible:

Second one, I cut off a square on the plate, including the EB logo, then, with photo-etch dedicated scissors, I cut off progressively the EB logo shape.
    Then, I filed this part around the Logo, and I got my EB logo, but it remained metal between E and B branches, and it was impossible to eliminate it with a drilling method to get a clean result.
    So I've had the idea to stick the EB logo's visible face on a fingertips, and I've rubbed slowly and for a long time my finger on the abrasive surface of a ModelMotorCar's cardboard file, until the excessive metal under the logo disappear.
    It took half an hour, checking regularly, to get my EB Logo:

Incidentaly, I've lost my fingerprints on the second and third right fingers

Next steps:

The EB Logo will be stuck or soldered on a 6,1 mm diameter disk, that I'll put in the housing I've turned on the spare wheel locker nut

Stay tuned if you like and thank you for watching

QUOTE QUOTE #369