Close

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 181920212223
    1. Kit: Pocher Bugatti type 50 Coupé de Ville, by (Yearly Subscriber) ThierryD86 is offline
      Builder Last Online: Aug 2017 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  (1 votes - 5.00 average) Thanks: 4
      Started: 09-10-16 Build Revisions: Never  
      Supported Includes Transkit Restoration Attribution
      Build in Progress

Hello

As I said in my introduction on this forum, 26 years have passed since I've begun the assembly of this precious and rare model, and 24 since I abandonned it on the shelf, gathering dust and rust.
      Recently, I woke up, and decided to re-start it, and, if possible, achieve it.
      I disassembled entirely the model and began this resurrection !

Actually, "she" is in this state:
      - Chassis with frame rails, brakes, fuel tank, rear and front axle assembled
      - engine with many extra details ( according to the reference photos of Paul Koo's DVD and other found on the net, particularly on gallery section of Tthis website), mounted on the chassis with B002 Engine mount of MCM (Thanks Marvin )
      - Steering box installed with personal and extra detailing.
      - Engine mounted on the frame.
      - Extra detailed firewall achieved and mounted
      - Radiator with some improvements mounted too

I've added or am going to doit, numerous parts or advanced features as:
      - Speedometer cable
      - Tachometer cable
      - Functional linkage of accelerator Pocher Bugatti type 50 Coupé de Ville: à résurrection.
      working on carburetors and supercharger
      And many others...

As much as possible, I used bolts instead of screws, and, where not, I painted the screws in black, to hide them.
      The chassis was painted with automotive black primer Pocher Bugatti type 50 Coupé de Ville: à résurrection. , which gave it a softly grained aspect.
      For all the engine parts, I used Alclad Pocher Bugatti type 50 Coupé de Ville: à résurrection. metal paints with my airbrush Pocher Bugatti type 50 Coupé de Ville: à résurrection. , and here and there, tamiya Pocher Bugatti type 50 Coupé de Ville: à résurrection. paints with a soft or a dry brush.
      Many details are scratched with aluminium sheet (0.3 mm thickness), Styrène sheet and rods, brass or copper or alu tubes and rods (from 0.3 mm to 2 mm) , micro bolts and threaded rod, micro washers, destroyed watch parts or photo-etched parts(engine cam covers, photo-etched grill for the radiator), thanks to Ebay
      Several parts have been modified when necessary, especially to make them closer to the real ones.

And now, some overviews of the model, in its actual state....more detailed photos of the step by step building to go later if anybody is interested

Ps: I didn't found the way to put an explicit picture of my building before the title of the thread.. So, if anyone could help me...

Pocher Bugatti type 50 Coupé de Ville: à résurrection.

Build Photos

Pocher Bugatti type 50 Coupé de Ville: à résurrection.-chargement-jpg Pocher Bugatti type 50 Coupé de Ville: à résurrection.-k84-jpg 

Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.
    JOIN THE SMC ALLIANCE NOW

1. ThierryD86's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Thierry
    Quote Originally Posted by Egon View Post
    You can get thin wall brass tubes, this way you can step up the thickness from a solid rod, solder them together and finish with sandpaper.
    I'ad thought to use this method too, but not tried it...I'll see this too....Thanks Egon

QUOTE QUOTE #332

2. Tankerman's Avatar Member
    Name
    Chris
    Hello Thierry,

For Imperial and Metric size material I would suggest the following website;
    https://eileensemporium.com/index.ph...ing&Itemid=601
    They are efficient, reliable and I speak as a regular, satisfied customer.

Chris
    QUOTE QUOTE #333

3. ThierryD86's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Thierry
    Quote Originally Posted by Egon View Post
    You can get thin wall brass tubes, this way you can step up the thickness from a solid rod, solder them together and finish with sandpaper.
    I'd thought to use this method too, but not tried it...I'll see this too....Thanks Egon

Last edited by ThierryD86; 08-10-17 at 02:50 PM.
    QUOTE QUOTE #334

4. MODEL A MODEL's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    don
    Kit
    Pocher Bugatti type 50 Coupé de Ville
    Hello Thierry,

I have an embarrassment of access's! to admit!

Where I live in Southern California, and with the connections through my job, I do have access to so many things, materials, and services.
    One of my "One Stop Shops" is a catalog produced by a company called McMASTER-CARR they do have an online catalog, which can include importable engineering (dimensions . . .) -To the point this catalog has three pages of miniature Stainless Steel tubing, some of it identified as "Hypodermic Tubing" and some, mostly Brass is "Telescopic" each size sliding into the next size larger. (I assume that this last bit is available everywhere?) Miniature screws down to 0:80 and threaded rod from 2mm and up. (I hope I do not offend anybody, but figuratively speaking, its my "Bible") I reference it often, I am fortunate to have an actual paper catalog, (I prefer) and one of their outlets is a relatively short drive, plus they're open Saturday mornings.

I am not traveled, and I do not know what is available to modelers in France, Switzerland, Austria, New Zealand, . . . -I hope this might be of use to someone? I was very pleased when I was introduced to this resource.

-Don
    -craftsmanship is a lifelong project of
    self-construction and self determination
    QUOTE QUOTE #335

5. ThierryD86's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Thierry
    Thanks a lot, Don, for the link :)

QUOTE QUOTE #336

6. ThierryD86's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Thierry
    This evening, after receiving my order: Steering axle redone, with a 2.5 diameter brass rod....It's more pleasant now

Connectors have been silver soldered on the axle. It wasn't (for me) an easy job

Dry fit below:

It remains to make the nickel plating of the whole set of steering mechanism.

Stay tuned if you like, and thanks for watching and criticizing

Last edited by ThierryD86; 08-13-17 at 03:28 AM.
    QUOTE QUOTE #337

7. ThierryD86's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Thierry
    I've machined two identical connectors more, because I noticed that the axle that join the two front wheels, - allowing the left one turning simultaneously the same direction than the right one, when turning the steering wheel -, as, at its ends, on the prototype, exactly the same connectors.

So, there will be here too some improvements...

It took 6 hours to machine that, because I'd had to make 3 instead of 2.

At the last step drilling a 0.6 mm diameter hole on a connector, the bit deviated and drilled a wrong way, and I got that:

On the top side:

And on the bottom side:

The two good connectors, not yet achieved this evening:

How is that ? this seems like "déjà vu" ?

Of course, these are the same connectors as for the steering axle !

Stay tuned if you like and thanks for watching

QUOTE QUOTE #338

8. ThierryD86's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Thierry
    HI chaps

Connectors have been achieved and have been soldered on the transversal steering rod:

The rod has been placed between the wheels and screwed temporarilly on the levers, for a dry fit: yeahhhh....rod's length is perfect

Stay tuned if you like and thanks for watching

QUOTE QUOTE #339