Close

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 151617181920
    1. Kit: Pocher Bugatti type 50 Coupé de Ville, by (Yearly Subscriber) ThierryD86 is offline
      Builder Last Online: Mar 2017 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  Thanks: 3
      Started: 09-10-16 Build Revisions: Never  
      Supported Includes Transkit Restoration Attribution
      Build in Progress

Hello

As I said in my introduction on this forum, 26 years have passed since I've begun the assembly of this precious and rare model, and 24 since I abandonned it on the shelf, gathering dust and rust.
      Recently, I woke up, and decided to re-start it, and, if possible, achieve it.
      I disassembled entirely the model and began this resurrection !

Actually, "she" is in this state:
      - Chassis with frame rails, brakes, fuel tank, rear and front axle assembled
      - engine with many extra details ( according to the reference photos of Paul Koo's DVD and other found on the net, particularly on gallery section of Tthis website), mounted on the chassis with B002 Engine mount of MCM (Thanks Marvin )
      - Steering box installed with personal and extra detailing.
      - Engine mounted on the frame.
      - Extra detailed firewall achieved and mounted
      - Radiator with some improvements mounted too

I've added or am going to doit, numerous parts or advanced features as:
      - Speedometer cable
      - Tachometer cable
      - Functional linkage of accelerator Pocher Bugatti type 50 Coupé de Ville: à résurrection.
      working on carburetors and supercharger
      And many others...

As much as possible, I used bolts instead of screws, and, where not, I painted the screws in black, to hide them.
      The chassis was painted with automotive black primer Pocher Bugatti type 50 Coupé de Ville: à résurrection. , which gave it a softly grained aspect.
      For all the engine parts, I used Alclad Pocher Bugatti type 50 Coupé de Ville: à résurrection. metal paints with my airbrush Pocher Bugatti type 50 Coupé de Ville: à résurrection. , and here and there, tamiya Pocher Bugatti type 50 Coupé de Ville: à résurrection. paints with a soft or a dry brush.
      Many details are scratched with aluminium sheet (0.3 mm thickness), Styrène sheet and rods, brass or copper or alu tubes and rods (from 0.3 mm to 2 mm) , micro bolts and threaded rod, micro washers, destroyed watch parts or photo-etched parts(engine cam covers, photo-etched grill for the radiator), thanks to Ebay
      Several parts have been modified when necessary, especially to make them closer to the real ones.

And now, some overviews of the model, in its actual state....more detailed photos of the step by step building to go later if anybody is interested

Ps: I didn't found the way to put an explicit picture of my building before the title of the thread.. So, if anyone could help me...

Pocher Bugatti type 50 Coupé de Ville: à résurrection.

Build Photos

Pocher Bugatti type 50 Coupé de Ville: à résurrection.-chargement-jpg Pocher Bugatti type 50 Coupé de Ville: à résurrection.-k84-jpg 

Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.
    JOIN THE SMC ALLIANCE NOW

1. ThierryD86's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Thierry
    Quote Originally Posted by Jo NZ View Post
    Did you think about pinning Pocher Bugatti type 50 Coupé de Ville: à résurrection. the two parts together (with copper wire) so that they would stay aligned and allow the exhaust to be removed for soldering?
    Yes, I did...but I didn't wish to drill the principal exhaust tube, because, in case of even light error of where to drill it, it would have been ruined.
    At the moment, I've done a great amount of tries, taking all the time, and yet, I've a bit of misalignment.

QUOTE QUOTE #287

2. ThierryD86's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Thierry
    Finally, the epoxy Pocher Bugatti type 50 Coupé de Ville: à résurrection. glue isn't strong enough, and i've disassembled the tubes and undertaken to solder them

Before disassembling, I'd drawn on the principal tube, with a tracing point, the shape of the connection with the rear exhaust tube

After cleaning, sanding Pocher Bugatti type 50 Coupé de Ville: à résurrection. , polishing and degreasing, I've maintened the 2 tubes in due position with vise-grips, and begun to solder them together step by step.

And after filing and sanding Pocher Bugatti type 50 Coupé de Ville: à résurrection. , before polishing, I've got that:

The whole set of parts for the exhaust system

So, no metal epoxy Pocher Bugatti type 50 Coupé de Ville: à résurrection. , only soldering

And, to enjoy the work done, a little comparison, on the picture below, betwen what i've made, and Pocher system:

To be continued. Stay tuned if you like, and thank you for watching

Last edited by ThierryD86; 03-07-17 at 05:15 AM.
    QUOTE QUOTE #288

3. Roger Zimmermann's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Roger
    Y a pas photo, like the French people say!
    QUOTE QUOTE #289

4. ThierryD86's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Thierry
    After having seen PROPELLER's superb work with his muffler mounting brackets , I was a bit jealous (I apologize for that) and I've verified on my Ref photos, and determined that the exhaust system on the T46 Bugatti is rather different than the T50's one...

And the mounting of the mufflers too !

Reading the plans provided with the Pocher kit, the muffler is directly screwed on 2 cross members, without brackets ....BUT it's not realistic and impossible to get a strong assembly following this way.

So, I've scratch built Pocher Bugatti type 50 Coupé de Ville: à résurrection. two mounting brackets for the muffler.
    How was it in reality on the prototype ?..I don't know, and I confess I do not care !

Taking a 0.5 mm brass sheet and my milling machine, I've cutted 2 rectangular plates 12x20 mm. 2 grooves have been cutted 0.2 mm depth, perpendicularly to the plate's length, from 8 mm of each end (Sorry, I' ve forgotten taking pictures during these preliminary phases)

And I've got, once folded the plates alongside the grooves, 2 squared-U shaped of 12 mm long and 8 mm height.

Then, using the muffler as a template, I've drawn on each vertical side of the brackets, the rounded shape of the muffler.

Then, it remained to eliminate the 2 half-moon brass part of each bracket with a grinding Dremel Pocher Bugatti type 50 Coupé de Ville: à résurrection. tool, and files.

Next, I've cutted two 6x20 mm brass plates, and I've bended them on the muffler to get its exact shape

And finally, I got that:

The goal was:

So the semi-lunar plates avec been silver-soldered on the brackets.

After sanding, I got that:

Placed on the crossmembers

And the muffler on the brackets

The whole set of exhaust system

It remains, concerning these two brackets, to drill and thread the holes that will allow tho bolt the brackets on the muffler, and on the crossmembers.....a pure joke

Stay tuned if you like

Last edited by ThierryD86; 03-08-17 at 03:28 PM.
    QUOTE QUOTE #290

5. Egon's Avatar Moderator
    Name
    egon
    Thierry vs Propeller build off, who will win with the best Bugatti build
    I see in the future one of you guys making a fully working engine with remote control and a working clock in the dash among others, am I right
    QUOTE QUOTE #291

6. PROPELLER's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Dan
    Nobody Egon...
    It's not a race, it is just a modeling party!
    And I do love the Thierry's exhaust line... Congrats!
    QUOTE QUOTE #292

7. ThierryD86's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Thierry
    Quote Originally Posted by PROPELLER View Post
    Nobody Egon...
    It's not a race, it is just a modeling party!
    And I do love the Thierry's exhaust line... Congrats!
    Exactly Dan, and thanks for loving my work :)

Tonight, I've fixed the 2 mounting brackets on the muffler.

Drilled 2 holes 0.8 mm on each bracket, on both ends of their semi-lunar sides, then threaded M1.
    Drilled 4 0.8 mm holes , arranged in twos, on the muffler, then threaded M1.
    And fixed the brackts with two M1 5 mm brass bolts.

The fixation holes of the brackets for the crossmembers will be drilled later, when the adjustment of all the parts of the exhaust system have been done...
    One step after the other !

Stay tuned if you like

Last edited by ThierryD86; 03-09-17 at 06:00 PM.
    QUOTE QUOTE #293

8. ThierryD86's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Thierry
    Muffler fixed on the crossmembers, via the mounting brackets and M2 bolts (Drilled M1.5 on the brackets bases and threaded M2)

To be continued

Stay tuned if you like

QUOTE QUOTE #294

9. ThierryD86's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Thierry
    Very grateful thanks to PROPELLER for his outstanding contribution to my rear exhaust pipe !

As everyone here knows, my solution for this strongly bended tube was rather wobbly, and I havn't yet the needed tools to scratch a correctly bended tube.(It will be made since a few weeks, with my future lathe )

PROPELLER did it for me, and I have no word to thank him as he deserves it.

Dry fit to show you..The mounting bracket on the fuel tank will be modifed (scratch built probably)

QUOTE QUOTE #295