Close

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 111213141516
    1. Kit: Pocher Bugatti type 50 Coupé de Ville, by (Yearly Subscriber) ThierryD86 is online now
      Builder Last Online: Jan 2017 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  Thanks: 2
      Started: 09-10-16 Build Revisions: Never  
      Supported Includes Transkit Restoration Attribution
      Build in Progress

Hello

As I said in my introduction on this forum, 26 years have passed since I've begun the assembly of this precious and rare model, and 24 since I abandonned it on the shelf, gathering dust and rust.
      Recently, I woke up, and decided to re-start it, and, if possible, achieve it.
      I disassembled entirely the model and began this resurrection !

Actually, "she" is in this state:
      - Chassis with frame rails, brakes, fuel tank, rear and front axle assembled
      - engine with many extra details ( according to the reference photos of Paul Koo's DVD and other found on the net, particularly on gallery section of Tthis website), mounted on the chassis with B002 Engine mount of MCM (Thanks Marvin )
      - Steering box installed with personal and extra detailing.
      - Engine mounted on the frame.
      - Extra detailed firewall achieved and mounted
      - Radiator with some improvements mounted too

I've added or am going to doit, numerous parts or advanced features as:
      - Speedometer cable
      - Tachometer cable
      - Functional linkage of accelerator Pocher Bugatti type 50 Coupé de Ville: à résurrection.
      working on carburetors and supercharger
      And many others...

As much as possible, I used bolts instead of screws, and, where not, I painted the screws in black, to hide them.
      The chassis was painted with automotive black primer Pocher Bugatti type 50 Coupé de Ville: à résurrection. , which gave it a softly grained aspect.
      For all the engine parts, I used Alclad Pocher Bugatti type 50 Coupé de Ville: à résurrection. metal paints with my airbrush Pocher Bugatti type 50 Coupé de Ville: à résurrection. , and here and there, tamiya Pocher Bugatti type 50 Coupé de Ville: à résurrection. paints with a soft or a dry brush.
      Many details are scratched with aluminium sheet (0.3 mm thickness), Styrène sheet and rods, brass or copper or alu tubes and rods (from 0.3 mm to 2 mm) , micro bolts and threaded rod, micro washers, destroyed watch parts or photo-etched parts(engine cam covers, photo-etched grill for the radiator), thanks to Ebay
      Several parts have been modified when necessary, especially to make them closer to the real ones.

And now, some overviews of the model, in its actual state....more detailed photos of the step by step building to go later if anybody is interested

Ps: I didn't found the way to put an explicit picture of my building before the title of the thread.. So, if anyone could help me...

Pocher Bugatti type 50 Coupé de Ville: à résurrection.

Build Photos

Pocher Bugatti type 50 Coupé de Ville: à résurrection.-chargement-jpg Pocher Bugatti type 50 Coupé de Ville: à résurrection.-k84-jpg 

Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.
    JOIN THE SMC ALLIANCE NOW

1. ThierryD86's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Thierry
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Zimmermann View Post
    Thanks for the answer. If you don't use some lubricant for the bits and if you try to drill by hand (with a portable driller) I understand why you had so many broken bits. Even when I'm drilling at 0.3 or 0.5 mm into brass, the success is never granted!
    I drilled the beginning of the holes by hand, and then with my Dremel Pocher Bugatti type 50 Coupé de Ville: à résurrection. , using cutting-oil...
    Unfortunately, I'm possibly a good GP, but certainly a rather bad mechanist !

QUOTE QUOTE #227

2. ThierryD86's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Thierry
    Plates primed and painted !

QUOTE QUOTE #228

3. ThierryD86's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Thierry
    Right protective plate achieved and fixed.The brackets which bolt the plate to the side of engine's bottom have been scractch built

The plate is M1 bolted on he frame rail..You can see the M1 washers between plate and bolts

And with some light from bottom upward:

Left plate's turn now....

Last edited by ThierryD86; 01-22-17 at 07:47 PM.
    QUOTE QUOTE #229

4. ThierryD86's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Thierry
    Right and left protection plates achieved and bolted on the frame rails, and crossmember fixed.

Now, it remains to make some reparations:

- 4 spark plugs have leaved their holder and must be glued to avoid loosing them.- during these works of protection plates making, some parts have debonded and three added parts on front spring leaves have disappeared: I have to scratch build Pocher Bugatti type 50 Coupé de Ville: à résurrection. them again, and fix them on a better way.

Next, I'll finish and fix the exhaust tubes and muffler

Then, i'll have to scrachbuild the engine's front protection plate and the lower part of the radiator, not provided in the kit, but visible on the prototype at Lowman's Museum

Stay tuned if you like, and thank you for watching and criticizing

Last edited by ThierryD86; 01-24-17 at 11:52 AM.
    QUOTE QUOTE #230

5. Roger Zimmermann's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Roger
    It's looking good! I'm all the time amazed when people are building or adding details on a finished model or part of it. I never could that.
    QUOTE QUOTE #231

6. PROPELLER's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Dan
    Fantastic! Just found one pic of these plates, on a T46, but is the same thing on the T 50, same chassis... Never seen before!
    Note the exhaust tubes, Pocher is really in the truth with the "T" system on the model?

QUOTE QUOTE #232

7. ThierryD86's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Thierry
    Quote Originally Posted by PROPELLER View Post
    Fantastic! Just found one pic of these plates, on a T46, but is the same thing on the T 50, same chassis... Never seen before!
    Note the exhaust tubes, Pocher is really in the truth with the "T" system on the model?

Hi Dan,
    Thanks a lot for your comment concerning the exhaust pipes ! You have wildcat eyes !

I've just taken a look at the photos Roy vd M brought back to me from Lowman's Museum, and it seems that only the rear exhaust pipe on the T50, connect on the muffler, following the same principle than on the T46.
    Unfortunately, at this step of my build, it will be very difficult to modify that, because I should scratch build Pocher Bugatti type 50 Coupé de Ville: à résurrection. again all the system, all the protection plates etc, and even the frame...
    I'm not slacker, but it's an enormous job, and am not sure it's worth the effort !

Having known this fact before, I would have take it in account and reproduced the real....

I would be very happy if you were building it that way :)

QUOTE QUOTE #233

8. Trapper's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Peter
    In this picture it can already be seen that the exhaust runs below the frame.

http://www.bugattibuilder.com/photo/...024&fullsize=1

These are both 46, note the different exhaust systems.
    http://cdn.silodrome.com/wp-content/...l%C3%A9e-6.jpg

http://www.motorstown.com/images/bugatti-type-46-01.jpg
    QUOTE QUOTE #234