Builder Last Online: Apr 2017
Model Scale: 1/8 Rating: (1 votes - 5.00 average) Thanks: 3
Started: 09-10-16 Build Revisions: Never
Supported Includes Transkit Restoration Attribution
Build in Progress
Build in Progress
As I said in my introduction on this forum, 26 years have passed since I've begun the assembly of this precious and rare model, and 24 since I abandonned it on the shelf, gathering dust and rust.
Recently, I woke up, and decided to re-start it, and, if possible, achieve it.
I disassembled entirely the model and began this resurrection !
Actually, "she" is in this state:
- Chassis with frame rails, brakes, fuel tank, rear and front axle assembled
- engine with many extra details ( according to the reference photos of Paul Koo's DVD and other found on the net, particularly on gallery section of Tthis website), mounted on the chassis with B002 Engine mount of MCM (Thanks Marvin )
- Steering box installed with personal and extra detailing.
- Engine mounted on the frame.
- Extra detailed firewall achieved and mounted
- Radiator with some improvements mounted too
I've added or am going to doit, numerous parts or advanced features as:
- Speedometer cable
- Tachometer cable
- Functional linkage of working on carburetors and supercharger
And many others...
As much as possible, I used bolts instead of screws, and, where not, I painted the screws in black, to hide them.
The chassis was painted with automotive black , which gave it a softly grained aspect.
For all the engine parts, I used metal paints with my , and here and there, paints with a soft or a dry brush.
Many details are scratched with aluminium sheet (0.3 mm thickness), Styrène sheet and rods, brass or copper or alu tubes and rods (from 0.3 mm to 2 mm) , micro bolts and threaded rod, micro washers, destroyed watch parts or photo-etched parts(engine cam covers, photo-etched grill for the radiator), thanks to Ebay
Several parts have been modified when necessary, especially to make them closer to the real ones.
And now, some overviews of the model, in its actual state....more detailed photos of the step by step building to go later if anybody is interested
Ps: I didn't found the way to put an explicit picture of my building before the title of the thread.. So, if anyone could help me...
Show Complete First Post
Show Your Support
- This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.