Close

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516 LastLast
    1. Kit: Pocher Bugatti type 50 Coupé de Ville, by (Yearly Subscriber) ThierryD86 is online now
      Builder Last Online: Jan 2017 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  Thanks: 2
      Started: 09-10-16 Build Revisions: Never  
      Supported Includes Transkit Restoration Attribution
      Build in Progress

Hello

As I said in my introduction on this forum, 26 years have passed since I've begun the assembly of this precious and rare model, and 24 since I abandonned it on the shelf, gathering dust and rust.
      Recently, I woke up, and decided to re-start it, and, if possible, achieve it.
      I disassembled entirely the model and began this resurrection !

Actually, "she" is in this state:
      - Chassis with frame rails, brakes, fuel tank, rear and front axle assembled
      - engine with many extra details ( according to the reference photos of Paul Koo's DVD and other found on the net, particularly on gallery section of Tthis website), mounted on the chassis with B002 Engine mount of MCM (Thanks Marvin )
      - Steering box installed with personal and extra detailing.
      - Engine mounted on the frame.
      - Extra detailed firewall achieved and mounted
      - Radiator with some improvements mounted too

I've added or am going to doit, numerous parts or advanced features as:
      - Speedometer cable
      - Tachometer cable
      - Functional linkage of accelerator Pocher Bugatti type 50 Coupé de Ville: à résurrection.
      working on carburetors and supercharger
      And many others...

As much as possible, I used bolts instead of screws, and, where not, I painted the screws in black, to hide them.
      The chassis was painted with automotive black primer Pocher Bugatti type 50 Coupé de Ville: à résurrection. , which gave it a softly grained aspect.
      For all the engine parts, I used Alclad Pocher Bugatti type 50 Coupé de Ville: à résurrection. metal paints with my airbrush Pocher Bugatti type 50 Coupé de Ville: à résurrection. , and here and there, tamiya Pocher Bugatti type 50 Coupé de Ville: à résurrection. paints with a soft or a dry brush.
      Many details are scratched with aluminium sheet (0.3 mm thickness), Styrène sheet and rods, brass or copper or alu tubes and rods (from 0.3 mm to 2 mm) , micro bolts and threaded rod, micro washers, destroyed watch parts or photo-etched parts(engine cam covers, photo-etched grill for the radiator), thanks to Ebay
      Several parts have been modified when necessary, especially to make them closer to the real ones.

And now, some overviews of the model, in its actual state....more detailed photos of the step by step building to go later if anybody is interested

Ps: I didn't found the way to put an explicit picture of my building before the title of the thread.. So, if anyone could help me...

Pocher Bugatti type 50 Coupé de Ville: à résurrection.

Build Photos

Pocher Bugatti type 50 Coupé de Ville: à résurrection.-chargement-jpg Pocher Bugatti type 50 Coupé de Ville: à résurrection.-k84-jpg 

Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.
    JOIN THE SMC ALLIANCE NOW

1. ThierryD86's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Thierry
    Thank you very much for your kind words, much appreciated, Dan and Markus

QUOTE QUOTE #212

2. ThierryD86's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Thierry
    Hi chaps

After a two weeks break, due to familiy good and bad events, no progress in my Bugatti's work, but a bit of work to arrange my home office, to create a new workspace.

This was decided by my younger son, Jérôme, who lives in Montreal, when he visited us for Christmas: he was pretty appalled when he saw his father doing some modelling job on a corner of the dining room table
    So, we went to a hardware store in Tours and we bought a workbench, a bar stool, lights and storage lockers....

And hereunder is the result of two days job:

Workbench

I've installed on the workench a second plate (pine wood) to enlarge the work space and be the closest as possible of the walls. Then I've installed a quarter round around the plate, to prevent little pieces of brass or plastic etc... getting away on the floor

Installation of storage bins

The whole set

And my Bug on the workbench, with new lights

Actually, all my tools are in the workbench drawers

It remains to:

- fill in the right way the storage compartments with tools, materials etc. to free space in my drawers and optimize my work
    - install new compartments for Styrene Pocher Bugatti type 50 Coupé de Ville: à résurrection.
    rods and plates, brass or alulinium rods and tubes, below the storage compartments
    - install the new A0 cutting mat (60 x 90 cm) i've ordered today
    - Install several power strips to plug my electrical devices
    - and a whiskey distributor

That's all for now

Stay tuned il you like, and thank you for watching

QUOTE QUOTE #213

3. Trapper's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Peter
    This is now a bit impractical, because you have no space for the legs and therefore have to be far away from the model.
    QUOTE QUOTE #214

4. ThierryD86's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Thierry
    No Trapper, in reality, I can easily work, seated on my bar stool, legs wide apart, without particular annoyance, and I'm not at all far away from the model.
    But, you're right, it's certainly less comfortable than with the legs below the desk.

QUOTE QUOTE #215

5. Jo NZ's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Jo
    Hi Thierry
    Here's my solution for storing brass, aluminium and whatever: Strong cardboard tubes (from gladwrap/clingfilm in this case) sealed at one end with tape, and inserted into a tube rack made from drain pipes and drainpipe brackets. You might need to install some cupboards to hang them on too

Pocher Bugatti type 50 Coupé de Ville: à résurrection.-img_2426-jpg

Pocher Bugatti type 50 Coupé de Ville: à résurrection.-img_2429-jpg

And from my experience, legs wide apart is fine, until you drop a sharp knife....
    QUOTE QUOTE #216

6. ThierryD86's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Thierry
    I see at the moment a post of Egon, on Trapper's new thread "That I do not sit on me"

Egon says
    "Info to all ! The forum is not for any quarrels between members, take it to PM or contact Daniel scalemotorcars, it's his site and the boss.
    Trapper close this thread.
    "

Egon, you're absolutely right.

What you say to Trapper also goes for me !

Even if I'm upset with Trapper about his behave with me, I should never have posted directly in my thread, but PM him, and I apologise to all of you (Trapper included) for that.

As several members asked for me to continue posting in my thread since yesterday, I cannot let it closed or delete it.

So, I'm going to delete my previous post.

Last edited by ThierryD86; 01-19-17 at 11:35 AM.
    QUOTE QUOTE #217

7. Roger Zimmermann's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Roger
    Good decision!
    QUOTE QUOTE #218

8. ThierryD86's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Thierry
    A very very little progress yesterday evening:

I've drilled the seven 0.8 mm holes below the left frame rail (2 drill bits broken, the third one will not cut metal anymore)
    Disgruntled people will say that there is 8 visible holes on the rail....of course, because 1 hole was yet drilled for crossmember fixation.

And have drilled the matching 1 mm holes on the left protection plate

Dry fit

Next steps:
    - Same job on the right protection plate and frame rail
    - Feature the fixing brackets of the plates on engine sides

- Prime the protection plates, paint them flat Aluminium
    - Paint satin black the crossmember
    - Fix with 16 bolts all that stuff on the rails

QUOTE QUOTE #219

9. Hook's Avatar Member
    Name
    Jeff
    Thierry, thank you very much for your decision to continue this thread. I don't post much on the forums but i avidly follow contributors who post exceptional work. I really appreciate the time and attention to detail you are spending on this build. Please...PLEASE! keep posting your progress, innovations, and ideas. I am eager to see what you do

Jeff Hoeks
    QUOTE QUOTE #220

10. ThierryD86's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Thierry
    Hi Gentlemen

Yesterday evening I'have achieved the drilling and threading of all bolts holes on the frame railsThen applied a new coat of black paint on the rails, where holes had been drilled, painted satin black the new crossmember

And hereunder is a new dry fit:

Remains to:
    - Prime the protection plates, paint them flat Aluminium
    - simulate the engine side's fixarions of the plates
    - Fix with 18 + 6 bolts all that stuff on the frame

Last edited by ThierryD86; 01-22-17 at 10:05 AM.
    QUOTE QUOTE #221

11. Roger Zimmermann's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Roger
    With what material is the frame done? Metal or plastic?
    QUOTE QUOTE #222

12. PROPELLER's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Dan
    Good job Thierry! I presume it's the first T50 Pocher with protective plates... I do love these details. Mine will be the second, because of you, thank you!
    QUOTE QUOTE #223

13. ThierryD86's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Thierry
    Hi Roger

The frame of this Pocher is steel made, about 1 mm thick, what explains why I broke seven 0.8 mm bits !!
    The protection plats are 0.28 mm thick alu sheet

QUOTE QUOTE #224

14. Roger Zimmermann's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Roger
    Thanks for the answer. If you don't use some lubricant for the bits and if you try to drill by hand (with a portable driller) I understand why you had so many broken bits. Even when I'm drilling at 0.3 or 0.5 mm into brass, the success is never granted!
    QUOTE QUOTE #225

15. ThierryD86's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Thierry
    Thanks Dan

Effectively, as far as I know it seems I'm the first one having put protective plates on his T50 Bugatti.
    They all have same acessories, and the prototype which is exhibited in Lowman's museum in La Haye have them.

If you take a look of the reference pictures on this website, you cannot see them, but if you look at engine's pictures, you'll notice that there is on both sides of engine's bottom 4 brackets on which the inner side of each plate was fixed !

If I were you, who are building a T46 Bugatti on a T 50 base, I would be cautious because:
    - 1/ T46 hasn't same engine than T50
    - 2/ There was protective plates too on T46 Bugatti: I recommend you to purchase a very cheap and amazing book of Gerald Windgrove: the complet car Modeler Vol. 2, which describes step by step the entire scratchbuilding of this car....

Obviously, if you reproduce protective plates on your model, taking inspiration of my own work, I know that you will quote me , as usual, so i'm not annoyed at all, and even very proud to be emulated

QUOTE QUOTE #226