Close

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
      Builder Last Online: Aug 2019 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  Thanks: 1
      Started: 04-29-16 Build Revisions: Never  
      Supported Attribution Build in Progress

Hello Gentlemen
      I am building a Revival Bugatti kit and, though nervous about posting my work, realize that is the way to get better.
      So you are welcome to chime in and give me some constructive critique
      I am a Bugatti nut and love the open wheel racers of this era. I have a trio of classic Pocher kits tucked away in my stash for a later date

Ok, here we go. Started in late January 2016 and hoping to get the build done by June 2016. I am a little over halfway complete to date

Here is the kit, direct from Italy from Revival's website
      Revival Bugatti T 35...Devil With A Blue Dress On-imagejpg1-jpgRevival Bugatti T 35...Devil With A Blue Dress On-imagejpg2-jpg

My first experience with building the kit was to over tighten and break a screw that holds the oil pan and engine block together. The screw is impossible to drill out as it is harder than the surrounding white metal, so your bit wanders and drills off centre. Here I have added a threaded brass tube with a nut to allow things to realign and attach.

Revival Bugatti T 35...Devil With A Blue Dress On-img_1144-jpg
      That was my intro into this build and has pretty much set the tone for it. If you get into these kits, that is what to expect.
      I purchased some small diameter taps and dies and they have been a godsend for this build, actually essential.
      Revival Bugatti T 35...Devil With A Blue Dress On-img_1143-jpg\

I have modified many parts for looks, fit or function. Here a copper floorpan is made and the rear trailing arms are chopped up and replaced with telescoping brass tubing. A little tease of the directions, if you can call them that, and the framework rough assembled
      Revival Bugatti T 35...Devil With A Blue Dress On-img_1127-jpgRevival Bugatti T 35...Devil With A Blue Dress On-img_1125-jpgRevival Bugatti T 35...Devil With A Blue Dress On-img_1124-jpgRevival Bugatti T 35...Devil With A Blue Dress On-img_0113-jpgRevival Bugatti T 35...Devil With A Blue Dress On-img_1132-jpg

Maybe that is enough for now, let me know what you think
      Cheers, Scott

Build Photos

Revival Bugatti T 35...Devil With A Blue Dress On-img_1138-jpg 

Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.
    JOIN THE SMC ALLIANCE NOW

1. ScaleMotorcars's Avatar Administrator
    Name
    Daniel
    Looks great. And smart picking up those taps and dies from K&S Revival Bugatti T 35...Devil With A Blue Dress On . When I build the T35 I didn't have those and I spent allot of time dealing with broken parts.

Check out this thread from several years ago. You can see my 1/1 Revival Bugatti T 35...Devil With A Blue Dress On I had right before moving to NC. http://www.scalemotorcars.com/forum/...type-35-a.html
    QUOTE QUOTE #2

2. Twokidsnosleep's Avatar Established Member
    Name
    Scott
    Ahh I remember looking at that thread.
    You really do have a soft spot for these cars and got to experience one...well as close to a real one without being a billionaire

Revival Bugatti T 35...Devil With A Blue Dress On
    QUOTE QUOTE #3

3. VintageModMan's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Gary
    your really doing a great job on this kit! I agree with Daniel that it's nice to have those K&S Revival Bugatti T 35...Devil With A Blue Dress On tools for the work. :)

Gary
    QUOTE QUOTE #4

4. Twokidsnosleep's Avatar Established Member
    Name
    Scott
    Thanks for looking in on me Gary

I am about halfway done, so will share some of the progress pics.
    Decided to do a test fitting of the framework before paint to get fit.
    Revival Bugatti T 35...Devil With A Blue Dress On-img_1130-jpgRevival Bugatti T 35...Devil With A Blue Dress On-img_1133-jpgRevival Bugatti T 35...Devil With A Blue Dress On-img_1135-jpg

Discovered that the wheel hubs were missing the threaded insert to allow the wheels to be screwed on..so I made my own and got her up on her wheels.
    Revival Bugatti T 35...Devil With A Blue Dress On-img_1147-jpgRevival Bugatti T 35...Devil With A Blue Dress On-img_1148-jpgRevival Bugatti T 35...Devil With A Blue Dress On-img_1149-jpg

There we go, better get back to my real work before I have to fire myself

Last edited by Twokidsnosleep; 05-02-16 at 12:38 PM.
    QUOTE QUOTE #5

5. Twokidsnosleep's Avatar Established Member
    Name
    Scott
    Moving along.
    Torn down and rebuilt backup with paint and detailing. Last one is body test fitting
    Revival Bugatti T 35...Devil With A Blue Dress On-img_1235-jpgRevival Bugatti T 35...Devil With A Blue Dress On-img_1276-jpgRevival Bugatti T 35...Devil With A Blue Dress On-img_1277-jpgRevival Bugatti T 35...Devil With A Blue Dress On-img_1278-jpgRevival Bugatti T 35...Devil With A Blue Dress On-img_1297-jpg

Now I have moved on to interior detail...dashboard, firewall that kind of stuff
    More another day

QUOTE QUOTE #6

6. sjordan's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Skip
    How are you going to handle the chains for the brake cables?
    QUOTE QUOTE #7

7. Twokidsnosleep's Avatar Established Member
    Name
    Scott
    On the T35, they are located on the inside of the frame rail on this car in the footwell near the pedals... so not visible
    I will do the external cables that are visible

Last edited by Twokidsnosleep; 05-11-16 at 01:39 PM.
    QUOTE QUOTE #8

8. sjordan's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Skip
    Quote Originally Posted by Twokidsnosleep View Post
    On the T35, they are located on the inside of the frame rail on this car in the footwell near the pedals... so not visible
    I will do the external cables that are visible
    I've been looking for a long time for assembled chains for my 1:18 T59 kit.
    QUOTE QUOTE #9

9. Twokidsnosleep's Avatar Established Member
    Name
    Scott
    Yes I remember us talking about that.
    I have some nice watch parts that you turned me on to for a sprocket, but the chain is another story
    Maybe a necklace could act as the chain portion??

QUOTE QUOTE #10

10. ScaleMotorcars's Avatar Administrator
    Name
    Daniel
    The smallest roller chain I know of is from Top-Studio and its 1/12 scale motorcycle chain.

You could check out thie thread. It might have more info for you.

http://www.scalemotorcars.com/forum/...le-chains.html
    QUOTE QUOTE #11

11. sjordan's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Skip
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaleMotorcars View Post
    The smallest roller chain I know of is from Top-Studio and its 1/12 scale motorcycle chain.

You could check out thie thread. It might have more info for you.

http://www.scalemotorcars.com/forum/...le-chains.html
    I have the Grandt Line chain mentioned there and it's about twice the size I need. I may have to deal with the fiddly PE DIY versions.
    QUOTE QUOTE #12

12. Twokidsnosleep's Avatar Established Member
    Name
    Scott
    Ok, so these pics will get us up to date with the WiP Revival Bugatti T 35...Devil With A Blue Dress On
    Testing the firewall and dash into body shell and onto framework
    Revival Bugatti T 35...Devil With A Blue Dress On-img_1353-jpgRevival Bugatti T 35...Devil With A Blue Dress On-img_1354-jpg

QUOTE QUOTE #13

13. Twokidsnosleep's Avatar Established Member
    Name
    Scott
    The last prominent feature on the RHS of this car to be made is the steering linkage (I have made brass rear trailing arms, brake and shift handles already)
    Revival Bugatti T 35...Devil With A Blue Dress On-picture-19-e1314131837357-jpg

Steering linkage out of brass, the black plastic kit part for comparison... wip Revival Bugatti T 35...Devil With A Blue Dress On still lots of shaping,spit and polish to go
    Revival Bugatti T 35...Devil With A Blue Dress On-img_0305-jpgRevival Bugatti T 35...Devil With A Blue Dress On-img_0309-jpgRevival Bugatti T 35...Devil With A Blue Dress On-img_0311-jpg
    Have a good weekend
    Scott

QUOTE QUOTE #14

14. ScaleMotorcars's Avatar Administrator
    Name
    Daniel
    I broke mine just installing it but if I remember correctly mine was white metal. Maybe they changed it later on for that very reason. Brass is much better.
    QUOTE QUOTE #15