Close

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
      Builder Last Online: Jun 2019 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  Thanks: 0
      Started: 11-27-06 Build Revisions: Never  
      Not Supported

Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.
    JOIN THE SMC ALLIANCE NOW

1. sydeem's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Sydney
    Yeah If you want it in English go here http://www.wworkshop.net/

and view "Work in Progress"
    QUOTE QUOTE #2

2. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    You better believe that guy is good. That's Gerald Wingrove. He's one of the world's best builders and has been my idol and inspiration since 1976:eek: . He set the standard for the art.
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #3

3. Deuces-wild's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Guido
    Thanks Syd. I never did learn how to read Japanese.
    Be nice or else ~1~**
    QUOTE QUOTE #4

4. Who's gerald Wingrove ?:confused:
    QUOTE QUOTE #5

5. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    You're joking? This guy has built scale models for the Queen of England.
    Do a google and Dan has some stuff on site.... Gerald is one of the best scratch builders out there.:eek:
    Grandpa McGurk.....Steppin' Large and Livin' easy.
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #6

6. l:
    QUOTE QUOTE #7

7. Herman's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Herman
    And he is a nice guy too!! He not only makes gorgeous models, but he also writes books about HOW to make them. (The Complete Car Modeller 1 and 2)
    The new (paperback) version of the second book even has more pictures and all the needed drawings in it for the Bugatti Royale Weinberger.
    QUOTE QUOTE #8

8. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    I gotta get a copy of the second book. I've put it off way too long.
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #9

9. Martsmodels's Avatar Active Member
    Here's his Weinberger Royale - he has built it as it was originally, not as it is now in the Henry Ford museum.

The plans are also in [I]The anatomy of a Bugatti Royale[/I] which appears to be about as rare as hens teeth - they are not in the older hardback version of his [I]Complete Car Modeller 2[/I] so be careful if you want the book specifically for the plans.

That model, by the way, is 1/15 scale - I've been dreaming of converting the 1/16 Bandai Royale kit but don't know if I'll ever get around to it!!!

Cheers - Martin
    QUOTE QUOTE #10

10. Herman's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Herman
    The book "the anatomy of the Bugatti Royale" has never been published, as far as I know.
    Gerald told me the 2nd revision of book 2 has the plans.

I have the plans in A0 format (1189mm x 841mm or approx 4' x 3'), and that looks really impressive.

Converting the 1:16 Bandai is quite a job. The lines of the body are quite different, however, the hood and the radiator could be used. The mudguards and the rest of the body are totally different.
    QUOTE QUOTE #11

11. Martsmodels's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks Herman - that explains why the book is are rare as hens teeth then!!
    I took that from Wingrove's introduction in book 2 assuming that it had been published. No wonder I can't find it anywhere!!

Yes you're right the Royales are different more or less from the scuttle back by the look of it (and the mudguards as you say). The Bandai would give the chassis, engine and all the other associated bits though. It's only in the idea stage at present but you never know (!)

Martin
    QUOTE QUOTE #12

12. ScaleMotorcars's Avatar Administrator
    Name
    Daniel
    Its funny. The Bugatti book is actually listed on Amazon. Herman's right, never was published and Gerald thinks its kind of funny its there.

Just an FYI He has dropped into SMC a few times. I try and keep in touch every few months or so. Absolutely one of the nicest guys around and always happy to help other builders.

Gerald has a page on his site with the all the books listed but not everyone can easily find it so here's the link. Some are out of print so check Ebay and Amazon for those. usually about $20 to $30.

http://www.wworkshop.net/acatalog/cindex.html

QUOTE QUOTE #13

13. Herman's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Herman
    The 2 books on the right are definately still available from Gerald himself. Top right has the building plans for the Royale in them. (they are not in the older version, as it was planned to put them in "the anatomy" which was never published.
    QUOTE QUOTE #14

14. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    I had the one on the top row, second from the left. It was a great inspiration for me.
    QUOTE QUOTE #15