6. You must be a member to vote in this poll

6 100.00%

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
      Builder Last Online: Sep 2007 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  Thanks: 0
      Started: 10-31-06 Build Revisions: Never  
      Not Supported

This took me about 6 months to complete working off and on. I used the Revell My Ultimate Mopar Garage 67 GTX kit and production model garage kit.

Build Photos

My Ultimate Mopar Garage-model-3-jpg  My Ultimate Mopar Garage-model-2-jpg 

Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.

1. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    Outstanding John. I love the Coke machine. Glad to have you with us.
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #2

2. Deuces-wild's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Guido
    Ditto l:l:l:. I have 3 of these kits. Can't wait to get started on them. I plan on building one as a Sox & Martin race car.
    Be nice or else ~1~**
    QUOTE QUOTE #3

3. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    Guido....why don't you move the wheel wells forward on one and build an early style funny car.
    Grandpa McGurk.....Steppin' Large and Livin' easy.
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #4

4. BrittB's Avatar Active Member
    Did they ever make and/ or run a GTX in the AFX class?
    QUOTE QUOTE #5

5. 88Proof's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    To the best of my knowledge no.:confused: But Lee Smith did run a dark blue one for Plymouth as a factory car in the UDRA with a one piece fiberglass front end and a straight axle that was set up as low as stock. His 68 Road Runner originally had a straight axle too but he changed to a modified stock suspension due to top end handling problems in the lights. :eek: It seemed like everything from 1963 Falcons, Novas, and anything but a milk truck got altered wheelbases and an axle. But to the best of my knowledge no one built an altered GTX, but don't let that stop you, the shape of the car would look perfect with the wheel wells moved forward both front and back.l: When I seen some of these creations run when I was a kid, there were many home built jobs that would wander so bad they would loose 2 seconds crossing from one lane to the next, do wheel stands half track for no reason, blow up, break drive shafts, break straight axles, and go like no tomorrow. But you know what, they were cool and kept us coming back for more, the promoters knew a good thing when they saw it.l: Keith 88proof.
    QUOTE QUOTE #6

6. Deuces-wild's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Guido
    Wild Willy Borsch was famous fer that in his "Winged Express" TF/ Altered. Now that was a wild man.
    Be nice or else ~1~**
    QUOTE QUOTE #7

7. Deuces-wild's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Guido
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Garrett
    Guido....why don't you move the wheel wells forward on one and build an early style funny car.
    Sorry Don. I'm not that good :(. I'll just stick to kit bashin' fer right now.... You know.. Cragars an ' slicks, roll bar and a beautiful buffed out paint job.:). So far, I have one of the bodies in primer My Ultimate Mopar Garage grey. I'm not sure of the color yet.. Bright red?? or a Daytona Yellow??. I'm still flippin' a coin on that one.
    Be nice or else ~1~**
    QUOTE QUOTE #8

8. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    Guido...don't under estimate your modeling skills, you might surprise yourself. Besides....it's alot cheaper to screw up a 1/25th car than a biggie.
    Check out this link..............now that's an A/FX!l: l: l:

http://www.moparmusclemagazine.com/f.../photo_01.html
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #9

9. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    I can't believe that engine was available back in 65. You could see the gas gauge move as you drove down the highway.
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #10

10. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    HFC.....back then it wasn't miles per gallon...it was gallons per hour. My street driver ('64 Plymouth 426 stage III wedge) when I was a youngster got a good honest to gosh 5 miles to the gallon, and that was 220 octane Sunoco at less than 50 cents a gallon. You got to remember these cars ran leaded gas and you could run the compression up to 12 or 13 to 1 on the street.

The average street hot My Ultimate Mopar Garage rod now with unleaded fuel is lucky to handle 8.5 to 1 compression ratio. Fact of life guys...less compression...less horsepower.
    The lead in the fuel acted as a buffer for the valves and when they took it out of the fuel they had to add hardened valve seats to the heads to cut down on wear ....and on and on and onn....
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #11

11. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    Wow, I didn't know Sunoco went up to 220 Octane but I do remember 13:1 compression ratios for hemis.
    QUOTE QUOTE #12

12. Rick's Avatar Member
    Name
    Rick
    Hey Guys.......check out the latest gallery photos from 88Proof. They're fantastic!!
    QUOTE QUOTE #13

13. Deuces-wild's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Guido
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Garrett
    Guido...don't under estimate your modeling skills, you might surprise yourself. Besides....it's alot cheaper to screw up a 1/25th car than a biggie.
    Check out this link..............now that's an A/FX!l: l: l:

http://www.moparmusclemagazine.com/f.../photo_01.html
    I rebuilt a set of those carbs once.. (a long time ago) for a guy I used to know. He picked up the whole intake system at a swap meet here in the Detroit area. He already had a 426 Hemi on a engine stand ready to go in a Royal blue '66 Coronet convertible. Them Holley carbs flow 770 cfm a piece! . I hung out with a wild bunch of hoodlums and street racers back the late '70's...Did I have fun??..... You bet!!
    Be nice or else ~1~**
    QUOTE QUOTE #14

14. Deuces-wild's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Guido
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick
    Hey Guys.......check out the latest gallery photos from 88Proof. They're fantastic!!
    Just got one word for ya Keith...WOW!!..l:l:l:
    Be nice or else ~1~**
    QUOTE QUOTE #15