6. You must be a member to vote in this poll

6 100.00%

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Builder Last Online: Sep 2007 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  Thanks: 0
      Started: 10-31-06 Build Revisions: Never  
      Not Supported

This took me about 6 months to complete working off and on. I used the Revell My Ultimate Mopar Garage 67 GTX kit and production model garage kit.

My Ultimate Mopar Garage

Build Photos

My Ultimate Mopar Garage-model-3-jpg  My Ultimate Mopar Garage-model-2-jpg 

Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.

1. Willys41's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    David
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuces-wild
    Wild Willy Borsch was famous fer that in his "Winged Express" TF/ Altered. Now that was a wild man.

As a side note Wild Willy Borsch was also known for driving his T/F Altered the quarter mile with one hand on the steering wheel and the other on the side of the bucket. His driving was really WILD I saw him many times as he ran in Epping New Hampshire in the late 60's and early 70's
    Attached Images Attached Images My Ultimate Mopar Garage-wild-willy-jpg 
    An Artist dips his brush into his soul before every stroke.
    QUOTE QUOTE #17

2. Deuces-wild's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Guido
    l:l:l: ... Oh how I'd love to build that car in 1/8 :)
    Be nice or else ~1~**
    QUOTE QUOTE #18

3. Willys41's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    David
    I Have The Kit In 1/25 Rare Now, But Years Ago It Was Everywhere. Check Out Ebay You May Find It For Reference.
    QUOTE QUOTE #19

4. BrittB's Avatar Active Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Garrett
    HFC.....back then it wasn't miles per gallon...it was gallons per hour. My street driver ('64 Plymouth 426 stage III wedge) when I was a youngster got a good honest to gosh 5 miles to the gallon, and that was 220 octane Sunoco at less than 50 cents a gallon. You got to remember these cars ran leaded gas and you could run the compression up to 12 or 13 to 1 on the street.

The average street hot My Ultimate Mopar Garage rod now with unleaded fuel is lucky to handle 8.5 to 1 compression ratio. Fact of life guys...less compression...less horsepower.
    The lead in the fuel acted as a buffer for the valves and when they took it out of the fuel they had to add hardened valve seats to the heads to cut down on wear ....and on and on and onn....
    The car we goofed around with when I was just out of High School was a 69 Z-28 with a LS-6, TH400, and 4:88 rear. Gas milage? What's that mean?
    QUOTE QUOTE #20

5. BrittB's Avatar Active Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Willys41
    I Have The Kit In 1/25 Rare Now, But Years Ago It Was Everywhere. Check Out Ebay You May Find It For Reference.
    Didn't they do a reissue a couple of years ago?
    QUOTE QUOTE #21

6. BrittB's Avatar Active Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Willys41
    As a side note Wild Willy Borsch was also known for driving his T/F Altered the quarter mile with one hand on the steering wheel and the other on the side of the bucket. His driving was really WILD I saw him many times as he ran in Epping New Hampshire in the late 60's and early 70's
    Did you notice that when he switched to funny cars, he still had the arm out the window but it wasn't real.
    QUOTE QUOTE #22

7. Deuces-wild's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Guido
    Yup!!... I read that somewhere also.
    Be nice or else ~1~**
    QUOTE QUOTE #23

8. Willys41's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    David
    Quote Originally Posted by BrittB
    Didn't they do a reissue a couple of years ago?

Yes They did
    QUOTE QUOTE #24

9. 88Proof's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    I always thought Wild Willie was just being wild driving with one hand and the other holding onto the side of the body. The real reason is there was so much tire shake, bouncing around, and torque he did it to keep steady and use the other hand to point the car straight, and we all know straight is a line, not a zig zag. Legends are born and seldom duplicated. By the way there's an awesome die cast of his fuel altered in 1/18 scale, have one and it's very well detailed. Keith 88proof.
    QUOTE QUOTE #25

10. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    You're dead on with that one Keith.....back then you learned quick to keep your thumb on the outside of the steering wheel, the wheel would kick back so hard at times if you had your thumb under the wheel it was a sure thing it would be broken as the spokes came around. Yes, I learned the hard way!
    Grandpa McGurk.....Steppin' Large and Livin' easy.
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #26

11. BrittB's Avatar Active Member
    Yes, I learned that one from my 54 chev PU that transmitted everything back through the wheel. I still drive that way. That truck also taught me to hate three on the tree My Ultimate Mopar Garage .
    QUOTE QUOTE #27