Close

recreating button tuffed interiors.
Goal amount for this year: 518 USD, Received: 200.00 USD (39%)
Scalemotorcars is a free and open community devoted to scale modeling. The heart and soul of Scalemotorcars is our global community of over 10,000+ contributors, millions of readers, and donors like yourself – all united to share unlimited access to reliable information. Your donations keep Scalemotorcars freely available to everyone.

This years bandwidth costs, hosting service, domain registration, software licensing fees, and maintenance cost have a balance of $518 due by the end of August. Please help us keep Scalemotorcars growing by making a donation today.
Thank you.

recreating button tuffed interiors. recreating button tuffed interiors. recreating button tuffed interiors. recreating button tuffed interiors. recreating button tuffed interiors.
Accepted Payment Types

Builder Last Online: Jan 2010 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  Thanks: 0
      Started: 12-29-09 Build Revisions: Never  
      Not Supported

Here's a photo of the interior of my old Duece i'm recreating.

What's the easiest way to create a button tuffed interior?

I thought i remember somebody saying there was a tutorial on it but i couldn't find it.

Would creating it out of resin recreating button tuffed interiors. or trying my hand at actual small scale apolstery be the best bet?

Another shot of the engine compartment and I contacted the company who did the original machine turned stainless firewall and dash. They said they could fabricate a 1/8" bit to recreate the turning to exact scale on the firewall and dash. I cant wait to see how that turns out. Likely a $100 detail, but the results should be dynamic.

I cant wait to get this started. That firewall and dash are going to look like fine jewelry.

I wish I wasn't afraid to try to make the doors open and hinged because with all that detail I'm hoping to create in the interior, it would be worth it.

Maybe one of you guys can talk me into it. As of right now, I'm a little spooked hacking into that nice resin recreating button tuffed interiors. 3 window Coupe body. The gap alignment and finish on the doors would have to be perfect to pull it off.

Maybe I could talk one of you "pro-modelers" to do a little side job for me and hinge and fit the doors on my Coupe body. Maybe for a trade for a set of jeweled firewall and dash or?

Build Photos

recreating button tuffed interiors.-coupe-interior-jpg  recreating button tuffed interiors.-coupe-engine-jpg  recreating button tuffed interiors.-32-coupe-jpg 

Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.
    JOIN THE SMC ALLIANCE NOW

1. johnlord's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    John
    PS: Does anybody know where i can find the finned air cleaner as pictured in the engine photo? TDR recreating button tuffed interiors. has one for the 426 Blower, but it's for dual 4's and too long for a single 4 application.

I did order their carb set so I'm good with the Holley double pumper, I just need to find the air cleaner. (2)

It might be time to start learning to make molds in resin recreating button tuffed interiors. .

Thanks

Last edited by johnlord; 12-30-09 at 03:01 AM.
    QUOTE QUOTE #2

2. shadetree's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Marc
    John,
    Seems like I saw a tutorial on that type of upholstery on one of the other site i check out. It was for a smaller scale though (1/25) SA, Model Cars, or BnB. Can try to find it for you.
    Eastwood use to have some small grinding tips that went into your drill press so you could do engine turning at home. Another way would be to punch out adhesive backed sand recreating button tuffed interiors. paper stick to end of dowel or metal rod put in drill press and giveit a go. Dremel recreating button tuffed interiors. stones should also work or the cup type wire brush. When I worked for the city here the guys at the fire dept. garage used the wire brush method for some 1:1 recreating button tuffed interiors. turned storage boxes they made out of polished aluminium.
    If/when you open those doors take your time use the thinnest blade you can find and you should be fine. Maybe just do one door to keep as much strength in the body as possible. Hope this helps. Thats one sweet coupe you have. Good luck.
    Marc

John some more info for you. SA site might have what your looking for. Search for button tuck interior in the interior detailing section hope this helps.
    Last edited by shadetree; 12-30-09 at 10:08 AM. Reason: mor info
    QUOTE QUOTE #3

3. sydeem's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Sydney
    Quote Originally Posted by johnlord View Post
    PS: Does anybody know where i can find the finned air cleaner as pictured in the engine photo? TDR recreating button tuffed interiors. has one for the 426 Blower, but it's for dual 4's and too long for a single 4 application.
    Believe TDR recreating button tuffed interiors. stated earlier it would sell any part of a kit assembly for a small set up fee. The RP recreating button tuffed interiors. material saws very easily. Buy the long finned air scoop and section it to the desired length. The material glues back with CA so you can not tell it was ever apart.
    Syd
    QUOTE QUOTE #4

4. kcfisher's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Keith
    Here's the link to a tutorial on tufting:
    http://www.scalemotorcars.com/forum/...highlight=tuft
    and here is a swirling tip:
    http://www.scalemotorcars.com/forum/32781-post14.html
    nice Duece man.
    QUOTE QUOTE #5

5. johnlord's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    John
    WOW. is about all I can say to that. That'll keep me on the workbench for a while.

If I can figure out how to get my doors hinged and opened I'll definately take a shot at it.

Awesome tutorial.

QUOTE QUOTE #6

6. ScaleMotorcars's Avatar Administrator
    Name
    Daniel
    John, post more photos of your Deuce.

Ill see if I can match up any of those parts from our extensive collection. Dont forget under the car also...
    QUOTE QUOTE #7

7. strevo's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Steve
    John,
    Your Deuce looks familiar. Have you had it at either the Street Rod Nationals in Louisville, or the Autorama in Detroit in the last few years?
    -Steve
    "Success and failure are the same choice; only attitude determines the difference." Ross A. Halliday
    QUOTE QUOTE #8

8. johnlord's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    John
    I did have the Duece at the Street Rod Nationals in Louisvillle around 2002 or so.

I've had several cars since then. Top notch Chevelles, Corvettes and I cant get that simple, little, Blown, Flat Black Duece out of my head.

I've got a very nice, Black 1969 Corvette Currently, I may have to sell that in the Spring and build another Duece.

Building this model isn't helping because I'm obsessive. Anybody want to buy a Vette?

Attached Images Attached Images recreating button tuffed interiors.-img_1390-jpg  recreating button tuffed interiors.-img_1394-jpg  recreating button tuffed interiors.-img_1397-jpg  recreating button tuffed interiors.-img_1350-jpg  recreating button tuffed interiors.-img_1343-jpg 
    Last edited by johnlord; 01-02-10 at 05:28 PM.
    QUOTE QUOTE #9