Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
      Builder Last Online: Mar 2021 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  Thanks: 0
      Started: 05-18-06 Build Revisions: Never  
      Not Supported

I just got enough done to take a picture of the Caddy engine block. The defects have not been filled yet and many of the detail parts are not done. You can see the raw push rod receptacles which will get aluminum tubes and steel wires for the push rods. It's going to have a crank, cam shaft, pistons and whatever I can find to throw in. Hopefully I can make it so I can remove the outer parts to show the innerds although it may become difficult to do once the engine is in the engine bay. Don't know yet. Here's the first pics. More to come.

HFC's 1/8 scale Cadillac
      Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.
    JOIN THE SMC ALLIANCE NOW

1. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    The cam is designed specifically for maximum horsepower resulting in more torque and speed as well as higher performance in the top end. In other words those little bumpy things on the rod make the pushy things go up and down. What's lift and duration?? Dh :> :> :>

HFC's 1/8 scale Cadillac
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #32

2. Deuces-wild's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Guido
    Easiest way too check lift is with a 1-2" micrometer. For instance: If you check the distance between the lobe point and the base circle (1.675") Then check the base circle diameter (1.442"). Subtract 1.442" from 1.675"= the actual cam lobe lift of.233 Then you take the .233 dimention and times it by the rocker arm ratio of say 1.6" and you get ..3728" < This here is your advertised lift spec. Duration is measured in degrees.. meaning how long the valve is opened per 360 degrees of cam rotation. Hope I didn't drive you guys :D
    Be nice or else ~1~**
    QUOTE QUOTE #33

3. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    Heck, all I know is that if you don't put in a cam shaft, motor no woik."""" >.

HFC's 1/8 scale Cadillac
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #34

4. Deuces-wild's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Guido
    Yup:).. It's more or less the brain of the motor. or the heart. Some folks have different opinions on that subject. When you think about it, the oil pump does the job of pumpimg oil (the life blood) through the oil galleries to keep everything lubed up. Without a pump... Da mota don't run! Some motors rely on crankshaft windage to keep things lubed..Lawn mower engines!.. I could write a book on all this but I don't have the time... Got models to build. :D :D
    Be nice or else ~1~**
    QUOTE QUOTE #35