Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Builder Last Online: Mar 2021 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  Thanks: 0
      Started: 05-08-06 Build Revisions: Never  
      Not Supported

As promised, I have continued the thread here. So far, you know it's not a Ford , a Vette or a Jag and I'm going to build two cars at a time, twins, both made in the same year. That way when I have to leave one alone, I've got the other. They are GM products and I've only seen these subjects in diecast. I'm in the engine building stage so there'll be picks What models is HFC trying to scratchbuild? soon. Play with this one for a while. I promise I will not let this go indefinitely.

What models is HFC trying to scratchbuild?
      Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.
    JOIN THE SMC ALLIANCE NOW

1. Altster's Avatar Active Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hot ford coupe
    song by Chuck Berry "Mabeline".
    That absolutely gave it away, you know! And I'd have to say that my answer gave away my age - no matter, though!
    [b]Altster[/b]

[b]:) :) I love the aroma of glue & paint early in the morning![/b] :) :)

http://s50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...ic%20Modeling/
    QUOTE QUOTE #17

2. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    Now for the answers. Rob you were really close on that one. You had the 9 but not the other number. Today I'm going to reveal the big secret 1) because somewhere in the world, it's Thursday and 2) I can't keep the secret any more. I'm just too dang excited. Here it is --- I'm building a -&& %*kIug oiuy Gakkk!! :p Just kidding. I'm making two cars from 1949. One is a 49 Cadillac Club Coupe Sedanette 62 series, and the other will be a 49 Buick Riviera hardtop, or maybe another sedanette. I just love those things. Anyhoo, the Caddy will have a 59 engine in it (see Rob, you were partially on target.) and the Buick will have a nailhead. The bodies will be stock for the most part and the wheels will be wires, unlesws I mess up. I'll post pictures of these in a separate thread. The main reason I'm telling now is because on this site, we have many talented scratchbuilders who I intend to use as instructors if I may. I'll definitely need criticism and some help if something is inaccurate. There will be some lapses in my research so if you see something wrong or sloppy or unfinished, let me know as soon as possible so I can correct the booboos. The cars will be dedicated to the members of SMC for all their encouragement and info I've gotten from this great assemblage. (:confused: Who talks like this?? )Anyway, be on the lookout for the new thread.:)

Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #18

3. Gluhead's Avatar Update Profile Please
    Now that's ambitious, Jeff.

Hey Don do we give him the "slow down" speech?!??!!?

Naaa...go for it...yer up for it. Just pace yerself, do yer research, and don't be afraid to screw up. You'll be fine.

Glu
    [FONT=Arial]Once around the Sun, cruising, climbing. Jupiter cyclops winks at me, yeah, he knows who's driving. Hit neutral in the tail of a comet. Let the vortex pull my weight. Push the seat back a little lower. Watch light bend in the blower. Planets align. A king is born. Dodge Swinger. Jesus on the dashboard.[/FONT]
    QUOTE QUOTE #19

4. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    Glu...he'll be O.K. The only thing I'm concerned about is that I sent him my dentures to repair a chipped tooth......I hope they don't wind up as a grille for his Buick.:eek:
    Grandpa McGurk.....Steppin' Large and Livin' easy.
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #20

5. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    Hey Don, how'z zis?

Slow down? Don't worry about me. This project is going to take a long time. If something comes out wrong it's going to be redone until it's right. I'm relying on you guys to point stuff out that's wrong. You guys are my instructors. Glu, when you sent the pic of the Olds Rocket, I immediately went to work correcting it. That was a Godsend. No sloppy stuff for me. If I do make something wrong, it will be because my research had some gaps in it. That's why I'm trying to stuff a 59 Cad engine in it because I can't find a decent picture of the 49. Same thing with the Fireball 8, not enough clear "in the round" pictures.

Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #21