Close

Builder Last Online: Jul 2019 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  Thanks: 0
      Started: 09-12-12 Build Revisions: Never  
      Not Supported

Hello everyone, I'd like to make a display case for my Willys Jeeps.
      I'm thinking of a rectangular wooden base with acrylic Display case ideas or glass top. How can I fix the Jeep to the base so it would stay in place and still make it come off if needed?

Here's one the models

It's in 1:16 scale so it's not very big or heavy.
      Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.
    JOIN THE SMC ALLIANCE NOW

1. JeepMkd's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Mite
    Well, no replies in the thread so I had to try on my own. Here's what I came up with.

Display case ideas
    QUOTE QUOTE #2

2. skymnky272's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    sherman
    Looks great to me,,maybe some blk plastic sheet of some type on the bottom?? Looks good
    Hi all,,just looking to learn about new builders/projects,,and general modeling fun,,cheers!
    QUOTE QUOTE #3

3. chassisdude's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Michael
    Did you use glass or acrylic Display case ideas ? Im getting ready to do a 24" x 36" display for my coupe and the guy who does my glass recommends using "glass" due to the size and the fact its going to be a coffee table,,He actually said its a little less expensive to use glass than the lexan ... Will be heavy though...
    I have done so much, With so little, for so long, I can do anything with nothing...
    QUOTE QUOTE #4

4. 3.Star's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Michael J.
    I'd ever go to glass. Made my experiences with glass and acrylics Display case ideas . Maybe I am wrong, but I am thinking, that the acrylics Display case ideas , perspexes a.s.o. are kind of getting dull and scratchy after years. I am glad to have a fuel-blooded guy around, who's a professional in glassmaking and a kind of artist with great ideas.
    He is now in charge to create a glass cover on a carbon fibersheet for the upcoming Pocher Aventador. Enough time to go for him.
    Last edited by 3.Star; 03-06-13 at 09:52 PM.
    QUOTE QUOTE #5

5. Abhishek's Avatar Member
    Name
    Abhishek
    It looks cool ,but as it would be tough to mould your own case ,and at the same time you probably don't have other means ,handy enough,to hide the joints (and the bluish tint of the glass at edges) ,may be you can try some sort of thin material super structure(more of a veil) to hide them,here are some images of the case that I made for my hand made model car,you may use foam board if you like,the purpose is just to hide the joints Display case ideas-pa175259-jpgDisplay case ideas-pa175260-jpgDisplay case ideas-pa175263-jpgDisplay case ideas-pa175269-jpgDisplay case ideas-pa175271-jpgDisplay case ideas-pa175273-jpgDisplay case ideas-pa175274-jpg
    Genius ain't anything more than elegant common sense
    QUOTE QUOTE #6

6. Rich5ltr's Avatar Member
    Name
    Richard
    Bit if a thread revival here but I didn't spot an answer to the question of how to secure the car to the base of the display case?
    I have a similar question, I want to secure a 1:12 Bentley to a wooden base... anyone?
    QUOTE QUOTE #7

7. Viking's Avatar Member
    Name
    Steve
    Could you use pins stuck into the bottom of the wheels that slip into holes drilled in the base? (Similar to pinning Display case ideas joints where there's not enough material for a good glue surface.)
    QUOTE QUOTE #8

8. Twokidsnosleep's Avatar Established Member
    Name
    Scott
    I have done telescoping brass stock into brass tube for a tight friction fit

Have seen rare earth magnets in base and tires
    Wire around axle and embedded into base with CA glue Display case ideas or epoxy Display case ideas
    Epoxy Display case ideas on base and epoxy Display case ideas on wheel bottom
    Last edited by Twokidsnosleep; 08-19-15 at 02:00 AM.
    QUOTE QUOTE #9