Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Builder Last Online: Mar 2021 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  Thanks: 0
      Started: 04-14-06 Build Revisions: Never  
      Not Supported

Here's my first real complex scratchbuilt assembly. It's an Olds Rocket engine block. It's in the first working primer My first real scratchbuild coat so I can see what defects I need to smooth out. It's supposed to be made of cast iron which I'll simulate with a pebbly kind of paint. There's still a lot to go but this is only the first step. Next, the water pump and all the other front of the engine doohickeys, fuel pump and beyond. It's taken me a lot of courage to even show this thing at this stage so let the criticism fly. I can take it. :eek:

My first real scratchbuild
      Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.
    JOIN THE SMC ALLIANCE NOW

1. Andym's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Andy
    Holy Shnikeys :eek: :eek: :eek:

That's your first scratch build My first real scratchbuild ?!?!?!? That's some good work. I'm also building a scratch hot My first real scratchbuild rod. Please let me know when yours is done and what shows you're going to be attending so I can be sure to avoid them.

Nice work indeed.

Andy.
    When I was young I used to say "[I]When I grow up I'm going to be somebody!"
    [/I]
    I now realize I should have been more specific.
    QUOTE QUOTE #17

2. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    Don't worry. I can do an engine , a frame and all the little parts. When it comes to the bodies I'm working on now, that's another story although I may have that worked out also. I'll post the progress picks My first real scratchbuild for the new builds I'm doing. As I mentioned in another thread, I'm putting the deuce aside for a short while and will be totally scratchbuilding a set of GM twins that are not Chevies. I'm in the engine blueprinting stage right now, but I've got a good portion of my research done. Here goes.

My first real scratchbuild
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #18

3. docwatson1938's Avatar Update Profile Please
    Name
    Doc.
    Now that you have put us all to shame, how's the 5 window going??
    Doc.
    QUOTE QUOTE #19

4. Gluhead's Avatar Update Profile Please
    Yeah I was wonderin' that too...

Glu
    [FONT=Arial]Once around the Sun, cruising, climbing. Jupiter cyclops winks at me, yeah, he knows who's driving. Hit neutral in the tail of a comet. Let the vortex pull my weight. Push the seat back a little lower. Watch light bend in the blower. Planets align. A king is born. Dodge Swinger. Jesus on the dashboard.[/FONT]
    QUOTE QUOTE #20