Close

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: C-Cab Project

Builder Last Online: May 2019 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  Thanks: 0
      Started: 03-05-06 Build Revisions: Never  
      Not Supported

Hey guys, here's a few photos of the C-Cab project in progress.

Cowl and firewall

I opened up the firewall a bit and made it part of the body for a cleaner look.

I like it.

The kit T has a floating interior.....it doesn't attach to or even come in contact with the frame, kinda just hangs off the body. CHEESY!
      Sooooooo.....let's fabricate a floor pan that will add (much needed) strength to the frame, the T frame is a bit on the fragile side. :eek:

Bottom of the pan.

The steering box sticks up above the frame rails....bummer, I didn't want to modify the donor kit pieces...my goal is to have a body that can be cast in resin C-Cab Project and used with a big T kit as a donor car with out having to modify the kit parts. That meant a bunch of notches and reliefs in the floor pan....by the way...there are a couple of silly looking gussets on the rear kick up that I left in place and worked around. More work for me, but less for you.

The floor pan is 1/8" thick, once it's attached to the frame (using the kit locating pins it will change the frame from a flexy flyer to a solid platform for the body. The cowl has a lip that mounts on the floor pan....cool, huh?

It's even got a boot for the steering column.

So there you have it. This is a new body for you guys so any input or suggestions are more than welcome:D
      Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.

1. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    Now this is the kind of stuff we need to see on this site. That's modeling edumacation. That's what makes me consider this site a post grad course in modeling. Thanks for doing this, Don. It gives us budding scratchbuilders the inspiration for pushing the envelope. What's next Perfesser?
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #2

2. classicrocknrods
    classicrocknrods's Avatar Guest
    Hey there. The work is looking good. Can you stick in a quick mock up pic maybe. by the way, are you modeling this after something in specific. I cant wait to see the end result. Perhaps I will get a copy off of you when its done.
    QUOTE QUOTE #3

3. Gluhead's Avatar Update Profile Please
    Der ya go Don...looks good and will make that puppy strong enough to hold the resin C-Cab Project body. Nice.

I wouldn't mind a fresh mock up pic myself!

Glu
    QUOTE QUOTE #4

4. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    I'll dig out the scotch tape and bubble gum and temp up a quick mock-up tomorow.:)

C-Cab Project
    Grandpa McGurk.....Steppin' Large and Livin' easy.
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #5

5. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    You guys asked for a mock-up so here ya go.....excuse the tape and paint jar props please..gotta make myself some scale jack stands one of these days, although Keith may have some in works, you never know. Steve has some cool ones and a engine stand he made.

I'm designing this body to work with the Revell C-Cab Project T kit as a donor car.
    You will be able to purchase a base trans-kit from Scalemotorcars. It will include the body, floor pan and windshield frame. (The one in the photo is just for the mock-up).

I've fabricated a T style grille and front spring perch (also a dropped version)that will be offered as accessories. These along with the love seat and a bunch of other goodies (that can also be used with the T kit without the C-cab body) will be offered as well.

Tires, wheels, exhaust will be up to you guys...build it the way you want...I do have some engine goodies in the works.....Lots of potential here for you guys to get creative with.

Yes...I'm going to cut the visor back a bit...left it long to make sure that every worked...it's easier to cut back than add on.

I'll be posting some sketches later for the rear doors and window(s)....I need your feedback for the master. Look at the skecthes and whichever version I get the most response to is the way the master will go to Dan. It"ll be up you.:D :D :D

C-Cab Project
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #6

6. Javlinsst390's Avatar Active Member
    Lookin' good, don. Reminds me of some of the Tom-Daniel designed 1/25th show-rod kits I built as a kid. So, how many sheets of styrene C-Cab Project have you gone through so far? :D That is awesome work, man. You have given us all something to aspire to, here. Now I need a T kit.

Is that meant to go with the newer version of the Big t? Or like the Golden Rod version?

Awesome work, either way.

Lata,
    Chris
    "All any man wants in life is a Hot girl, a normal life and a cool car. Most guys settle for the car." - Chris Titus

"Any accident involving machinery starts with a simple defect. Don't forget that the defect can be between your ears." E.J. Potter, "The Michigan Madman."
    QUOTE QUOTE #7

7. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    Oh yeah, that really shaped up nicely. Are those the Lindberg dragster front wires? that's a great job on the engine.
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #8

8. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    Thanks Chris.....HFC.....those parts in the photos are just mock up parts, including the engine. When I get a body back from Dan, then the real fun begins...I have something special in mind for my own build.;)

C-Cab Project
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #9

9. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    Quote Originally Posted by Javlinsst390
    Lookin' good, don. Reminds me of some of the Tom-Daniel designed 1/25th show-rod kits I built as a kid. So, how many sheets of styrene C-Cab Project have you gone through so far? :D That is awesome work, man. You have given us all something to aspire to, here. Now I need a T kit.

Is that meant to go with the newer version of the Big t? Or like the Golden Rod version?

Awesome work, either way.

Lata,
    Chris
    It should fit any of the Revell C-Cab Project T kits, Chris.

C-Cab Project
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #10

10. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    Hey Guys...........Need some feedback on this C-Cab please.

C-Cab Project
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #11

11. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    Definitely old style. Put in some 59 Caddy bullets recessed about half way in. It would look alot like the tail lights on the 58 Impala. Blue dots in the reds only.
    QUOTE QUOTE #12

12. Gluhead's Avatar Update Profile Please
    Man Don that's shapin' up nice. My vote is for blank.

Glu
    QUOTE QUOTE #13

13. ScaleMotorcars's Avatar Administrator
    Name
    Daniel
    I like the rat.:D

Oh ya my vote from a builders perspective it the double doors. Anyone can cut them out and add a flat panel and for a blank look and or trim the doors back to add the big window. Anyway thats just my opinion. :D

[B]Heres some cool fenders as an option.[/B]

[B]This ones cool.[/B]

[B]PLEASE DONT DO THIS!!!.[/B]

QUOTE QUOTE #14

14. Gluhead's Avatar Update Profile Please
    Oh man! That last one reminds me of the Star Wars themed rod that someone built after the first movie came out. My god I was young and LOVED Star Wars but even then I knew that thing was BUTT UGLY! :D :eek: :D

Anyone else remember that? I saw it in person at a car show with my dad...and I think it was in one of the car show calenders or something like that.

I'd love to see one retro built back to the early 60's...seems like they all have big fat rear tires and HUGE engines.

Glu
    QUOTE QUOTE #15