Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: C-Cab Project

Builder Last Online: May 2019 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  Thanks: 0
      Started: 03-05-06 Build Revisions: Never  
      Not Supported

Hey guys, here's a few photos of the C-Cab project in progress.

Cowl and firewall

I opened up the firewall a bit and made it part of the body for a cleaner look.

I like it.

The kit T has a floating interior.....it doesn't attach to or even come in contact with the frame, kinda just hangs off the body. CHEESY!
      Sooooooo.....let's fabricate a floor pan that will add (much needed) strength to the frame, the T frame is a bit on the fragile side. :eek:

Bottom of the pan.

The steering box sticks up above the frame rails....bummer, I didn't want to modify the donor kit pieces...my goal is to have a body that can be cast in resin C-Cab Project and used with a big T kit as a donor car with out having to modify the kit parts. That meant a bunch of notches and reliefs in the floor pan....by the way...there are a couple of silly looking gussets on the rear kick up that I left in place and worked around. More work for me, but less for you.

The floor pan is 1/8" thick, once it's attached to the frame (using the kit locating pins it will change the frame from a flexy flyer to a solid platform for the body. The cowl has a lip that mounts on the floor pan....cool, huh?

It's even got a boot for the steering column.

So there you have it. This is a new body for you guys so any input or suggestions are more than welcome:D

C-Cab Project
      Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.
    JOIN THE SMC ALLIANCE NOW

1. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    Dan will determine the price point for the C-cab. It depends on the amount of resin C-Cab Project for the actual parts (a few pounds of resin C-Cab Project costs hundreds) the flubber for the mold isn't cheap either. You can't just make a mold and pop out bodies at will...there's cure C-Cab Project time, set-up and a bunch of labor involved. Factor in bad castings or molds that have to be re-done or repaired (seconds or flawed bodies) still cost $$. Masters take time and labor....on and on and on. I can tell you this much......Dan will keep his prices as low as he can 'cause he loves the hobby. He foots the bill for this forum and the equipment to produce the parts...I feel that he more than deseves to make a few bucks for his effort and support. You members will benifit from a lot info and talent on this site as well as parts, you will no longer have to buy glue bombs or bad deals on evil bay to get. Keith, Steve, HFC, GLU, myself and more to come will do our best to keep new parts and ideas in the works.
    It's taking a little time to get everything in place so bear with us...you won't be disappointed...good stuff is on the way. After all this site is still a youngster and gettin' better by the day thanks to all of you.;)

C-Cab Project
    Grandpa McGurk.....Steppin' Large and Livin' easy.
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #32

2. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    The C-cab is moving along..I'll post some more pics when I get some of this bondo and sanding C-Cab Project under control....right now she be too butt ugly for a photo shoot. Next on my list, I'd like some input please......any interest in a funny car, altered or gas car body (NO NOT A DEUCE OR A T.....YOU GUYS CAN HANDLE THAT ONE)? If I get enough response, I'll do one and send it to Dan. I have a couple of things in mind but it's up to you guys. It's like this...I enjoy doing bodies and engines and helping you guys out with your builds if I can. I'm no expert but I try hard and I'm older than dirt. I grew up when these cars were new. I'll do the body and a few parts...it'll be up to you to handle the rest....not a trans kit, you'll have to do some scratch building with this one. Yes...No? If there's enough of you out there that want to do something different and try scratch building let me know...or would you rather have one of those zany 1970's trailer queen cars that toured the show circuits in the 60's and 70's?:) This forum is for you guys so let's hear from ya.

C-Cab Project
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #33

3. classicrocknrods
    classicrocknrods's Avatar Guest
    hey, what about one of the swamp rats?? I would love to do one of them in this scale!! the masive meats and over blown hemis!! Raw smell of high octain and burnt rubber. Smoke rolling in the air and crouds screamin!! I can picture it now!!
    QUOTE QUOTE #34

4. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    I've talked to Don (Big Daddy) a few times..his museum is not far from where I live....great guy. That isn't the type of car I'm talking about however. Lindy has a dragster out there that can be reworked into a decent early rail, or used as a donor car for something out of the ordinary which is where I'm trying to head with this.;)

C-Cab Project
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #35

5. Deuces-wild's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Guido
    Hey guys. I'm gonna try and combine a Lindberg Custom T with a motor from the Exterminator Dragster kit which is a little different from the T kit and build Lindberg's version of Monogram's famous drag car. So far it just kit bashing C-Cab Project the parts together. And yes!...it will be motorized. Plus I get to play with the different gear ratios for more grunt out of the hole.
    Anybody wanna race??. I'm planning on shooting the T body with Bahama blue metallic C-Cab Project paint (T401) which is made by Dupli-Color. The frame will be painted gloss black. I'm still doing the mock build using Elmer's white glue to hold the parts together fer a bit till final assembly. Hope it comes out nice!. Ok, who's gonna show us how to scratchbuild a 1/8th scale Christmas Tree C-Cab Project that works??..Stevie?..you up to the challenge??. Guido
    QUOTE QUOTE #36

6. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    Sounds like a joke but it would make a cool Dioarama....a section of the track with the tree C-Cab Project ........LED's are available in the colors you would need and the small circuit boards for the flashing lights can usually be found at Radio shack.
    Stick the batteries in the announcers tower and you're ready to rumble. Add a little sound and it's Sunday at the Drag Strip.

C-Cab Project
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #37

7. Deuces-wild's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Guido
    Yeah!....And maybe a Buster Couch figure in the middle flippin' da switch.....lol. :D Guido
    QUOTE QUOTE #38

8. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    Nope....Linda Vaughn!

C-Cab Project
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #39

9. Deuces-wild's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Guido
    YUMMY!.....She'll do!... Miss Hurst Golden Shifter herself. She still looks good fer her age. Guido
    QUOTE QUOTE #40

10. Deuces-wild's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Guido
    Hey. Maybe I could use a Barbie doll??...LOL. NAAAAAA.....I'm not goin' there. :D Guido
    QUOTE QUOTE #41

11. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    Playin' with dolls are ya Guido?:o

C-Cab Project
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #42

12. Gluhead's Avatar Update Profile Please
    Yep...here we go...everyone bust out yer GI Joe's and Barbi's...

Actually I think it would be pretty stinkin' funny to pose a doll draped across the front of a big deuce. My lil' girl just has those annoying brats dolls, but maybe one of 'em will work. lol

NAAA!!!

:D

Glu
    Once around the Sun, cruising, climbing. Jupiter cyclops winks at me, yeah, he knows who's driving. Hit neutral in the tail of a comet. Let the vortex pull my weight. Push the seat back a little lower. Watch light bend in the blower. Planets align. A king is born. Dodge Swinger. Jesus on the dashboard.
    QUOTE QUOTE #43

13. Deuces-wild's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Guido
    NAAAAA...I'm NOT into the doll thing of any kind. I wouldn't want my better half to think I flipped my lid. :D Guido
    QUOTE QUOTE #44

14. Gluhead's Avatar Update Profile Please
    Hahahaha I know me either...totally jokin' around. :D

Glu
    Once around the Sun, cruising, climbing. Jupiter cyclops winks at me, yeah, he knows who's driving. Hit neutral in the tail of a comet. Let the vortex pull my weight. Push the seat back a little lower. Watch light bend in the blower. Planets align. A king is born. Dodge Swinger. Jesus on the dashboard.
    QUOTE QUOTE #45

15. Deuces-wild's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Guido
    I know. No biggie. When I was a kid, it was 1/25 scale car kits and HO slot cars. :D Guido
    QUOTE QUOTE #46