Close

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
      Builder Last Online: Jan 2021 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  Thanks: 0
      Started: 02-21-06 Build Revisions: Never  
      Not Supported

Ok Ive used easy off to strip paint off a model with good results but we all know its toxic. What else works and is safer to use.

Has anyone figured out a good way to clean the glue off windows yet???? :p Daniel
      Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.
    JOIN THE SMC ALLIANCE NOW

1. Gluhead's Avatar Update Profile Please
    I usually use Castrol Super Clean What works best stripping paint. for old built ups with enamel What works best stripping paint. paint or auto lacquer What works best stripping paint. . Honestly, I haven't needed to strip anything I've painted myself in quite a while. I've been told the Poly S stripper works great on the synthetics.

Glue on the glass? I've brought a couple back by getting it flat and polishing them all the way through the grits of my kit, then usin' Novus What works best stripping paint. #2 & #3. One looked darn near perfect, the other was close enough.

Glu
    QUOTE QUOTE #2

2. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    Napalm in the morning!!
    Grandpa McGurk.....Steppin' Large and Livin' easy.
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #3

3. ScaleMotorcars's Avatar Administrator
    Name
    Daniel
    Ok nobody panic and step away from Don he's lost his mind again. Who else has seen the 23 T Bird ideal. Its ok buddy, I brought your magenta meds.... :D

What works best stripping paint.
    QUOTE QUOTE #4

4. Gluhead's Avatar Update Profile Please
    Hahahahaha!!! I love the smell of armageddon in the morning.

I forgot to mention brake fluid. I also forgot the test on scrap piece first disclaimer. I have had 99% success in avoiding the stripper attacking the plastic, but each have snuck one by at least once where I ended up with either a heavily crazed surface (brake fluid) or a white crystaline buildup that wouldn't come off (super clean).

Neither make good ****tail mixers.

Glu
    QUOTE QUOTE #5

5. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    The Easy-Off with the yellow cap is very caustic to skin. I use the one with the blue cap. In my hands, it's much gentler on the body but it takes a bit longer to get the yellow stuff off the plastic.
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #6

6. Gluhead's Avatar Update Profile Please
    Hey I was censored!!!! Hahaha!!! That rules. :D

Yes! Wear rubber gloves...

Glu
    QUOTE QUOTE #7

7. ScaleMotorcars's Avatar Administrator
    Name
    Daniel
    Cant be to carefull. I dont think we get alot of kids on the site but just in case. Has anyone seen Geoge Carlins act with the complete list of dirt words? Thats the same list I used in the censoring function. Its a long *** list. OPPS....

What works best stripping paint.
    QUOTE QUOTE #8

8. Deuces-wild's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Guido
    Hey guys. I've always used CSC What works best stripping paint. or Westley's bleche-wite to strip chrome and enamel What works best stripping paint. paint on styrene What works best stripping paint. . It takes a bit longer for lacquer What works best stripping paint. paints though. I like to use used up, rinsed out Prego (my favorite besides moms) pasta sauce jars to dip the chrome parts in. CSC What works best stripping paint. strips chrome in about 2 minutes. once thats done, take the parts out of the jar and wash them with warm tap water and scrub with an old tooth brush. Do the same with stripped painted parts. Use latex gloves and safety shades (gl***es)? ....Ok....lets try goggles..Thats better... when using this stuff. Guido
    QUOTE QUOTE #9

9. Gluhead's Avatar Update Profile Please
    You mean CSC What works best stripping paint. right? :D

And what's with the heavy duty censorin' all the sudden? LOL!!! What the *** I can't say ***, ***, ****, ****, *****, ****, or ************??!?!?!

Hahaha!!!

Glu
    QUOTE QUOTE #10

10. Gluhead's Avatar Update Profile Please
    Oh *** I just saw yer **** post up there about it. :D I'm fine with it just hadn't noticed it until now. I try to keep it pretty clean tongued normally anyway. Well, unless I'm on the hamb or near an old car...then anything goes. :D

Glu
    QUOTE QUOTE #11

11. Deuces-wild's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Guido
    I know, I know......It's those "green Crayola's".....I gotta lay off of those.:(. Guido
    QUOTE QUOTE #12

12. Gluhead's Avatar Update Profile Please
    I think I have officially depleted the crayola box of anything resembling orange tonight...unbelievable how many of us were here and active at thoughout the eve. Rockin' and rollin' I tell ya!

Glu
    QUOTE QUOTE #13

13. Deuces-wild's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Guido
    I'm a night owl....:(.Guido
    QUOTE QUOTE #14

14. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    We gotta get Glu some more crayons. He keeps hitting the star key. Back away from the star key, back away from the star key.
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #15