Close

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Wild Thing

Builder Last Online: May 2019 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  Thanks: 0
      Started: 02-08-06 Build Revisions: Never  
      Not Supported

O.K. I've got too many projects going as usual. What am I going to do with the new big T? Let's take a walk on the wild side. I try to divide my modeling time (limited) up between projects, they are all moving along but I just can't resist this one.
      1970's "fad" show car.....I'm going to "borrow" from some of the greats, Roth, Casper, Alexender Bros., Barris....you know what I'm talking about. I have the new T kit as a basis for this one.
      I've done some drawings and weeded out the ones that are just plain butt ugly.
      What I can tell you so far is that it will be totally insane......if it doesn't have 2 engines (side by side) it will have 2 blowers. Huge rear tires....skinny fronts. 1960 Chevy rear fins, modified Deuce grille, ala Beach Boys and tons of do-dads. Engine or engines?......Mopar or No Car....gotta be elephant engine or engines.....unless you guys can talk me into some other power plant.
      I'll start posting photo's and info as soon as I can. I have to finish a AH-1G (Cobra) I promised my wife and some parts for Dan. She's on a Nam kick and belongs to a number of forums that deal with that stuff.
      Anyway...I'll be posting it on this thread as I wander off into the past....again. Did somebody say bubble top? HFC, I'm having trouble finding magenta crayons....got any you can spare? The vintage ones with the purple haze wrappers please......they don't seem to leave me with that morning after fuzz. :)
      Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.
    JOIN THE SMC ALLIANCE NOW

1. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    Crayons are on the way. Don't eat too much of them or you'll get erythematous dermatitis. That's red-purple skin patches. Get it?? Magenta?? Reddish purple??? Ah Foo. What is this audience?? An oil painting?? Take my wife, please. Badump bump pshh.
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #2

2. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    Hi. (Grandma here, Grandpa's wife).....HFC....You and Don missed your calling. You would be very successful as a stand up comedy team. In costume of course. Supermodler and the Rat.....

Wild Thing
    Grandpa McGurk.....Steppin' Large and Livin' easy.
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #3

3. robjos32's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    robert
    The Big T project that you are planning sounds awesome, what about doing a mural on it.
    You can have any color you want, as long as it's black. Henry Ford
    QUOTE QUOTE #4

4. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    Rob, it would take forever for me to a 1/8th scale mural on anything......I'm thinkin' metal flake Wild Thing .

Wild Thing
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #5

5. robjos32's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    robert
    Metalflake sounds cool to me, especially with the lacework on the roof.
    You can have any color you want, as long as it's black. Henry Ford
    QUOTE QUOTE #6

6. Gluhead's Avatar Update Profile Please
    I wasn't gonna say anything until I started on it, but I've been planning out an Orbit Rod myself. I'm hopin' to finish the deuce rpu, then a somewhat straightfoward build of the Big T (straightfoward...yeah right), then goin' nuts. Ok...ok I'm already nuts. Building the bed for the pickup has swollen my confidence consiberably, and I'm starting to see how absolutely anything is possible in this scale...even fer this knucklehead.

Fins. Bubbletop. Metalflake. How can it really get any better? Don we seem to be thinkin' much the same things...

Glu
    QUOTE QUOTE #7

7. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Garrett
    Hi. (Grandma here, Grandpa's wife).....HFC....You and Don missed your calling. You would be very successful as a stand up comedy team. In costume of course. Supermodler and the Rat.....
    I tried stand up comedy, believe it or not. They told me to sit down. :eek: Thank goodness they weren't selling tomatoes that night. :( That's why I do it on the computer. The computer doesn't throw rotten vegetables. :o

Hey Grandma, if you sign up too, you can join the ragged irregulars with the rest of us. We'd love to have you here.
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #8

8. ScaleMotorcars's Avatar Administrator
    Name
    Daniel
    Ill 2nd that. We need more ladies. Lets get a womens perspective on the hobby. What a Pink T called the Pink Fink? :p :D
    QUOTE QUOTE #9

9. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    Quote Originally Posted by Gluhead
    I wasn't gonna say anything until I started on it, but I've been planning out an Orbit Rod myself. I'm hopin' to finish the deuce rpu, then a somewhat straightfoward build of the Big T (straightfoward...yeah right), then goin' nuts. Ok...ok I'm already nuts. Building the bed for the pickup has swollen my confidence consiberably, and I'm starting to see how absolutely anything is possible in this scale...even fer this knucklehead.

Fins. Bubbletop. Metalflake. How can it really get any better? Don we seem to be thinkin' much the same things...

Glu
    Uncanny, huh? You can do just about anything you can imagine in 1/8th.
    I'm sure we'll take two different approches to this, like the pickups, but I figure why should Tom Daniels have all the fun? I'm just about done with the sketches...I'm kind of mixing Carl Caspers Ghost with Gene Winfields T and a touch of Roth a little bit of Barris and a big chunk of my own insanity......pure seventies show car. Joy stick steering and an automatic trans. I'm going to use one of Keith's Olds rearends with coil-overs, friction shocks and suicide axle up front. Not decided for sure on the engine(s)yet...if I had Big Al done I'd use it.
    Good Luck with yours, I'm sure it will be fantastic.....tons of body work on this puppy. Man I hate sanding Wild Thing !!!!!!!!!!

Wild Thing
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #10

10. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    O.K. Glu......couple of thoughts. What if you took 1/12 '57 Chevy fins and molded them into the bucket? Remove the Bowtie trunklid and covert it into a pickup box. The Chevy side trim could run the length of the T body. Pinch the Chevy front end into a hood and grille for the T? Or maybe cut the top off a '78 Vette and drop in the bucket body. A little surgery here and there and........gotta go there's a couple of guys at the front door wearing white uniforms with a big net asking if I'm home. :(

Wild Thing
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #11

11. Gluhead's Avatar Update Profile Please
    :D

Yep that's crazy talk alright. Step away from the door...

How 'bout taking those fenders and canting them in at the bottom (I dunno...22 degrees or so?), up at the rear a couple degrees, finish off the inside of the fenders to they form a v between the wheels and use the rear most part of a '65 Vette rear window teardrop that extends up to the rear of the passenger compartment combined with half a bubbletop...I'm looking at wwII airplanes for interesting forward body parts and insane grill ideas

:D :D :D

Glu
    (please send crayons)
    QUOTE QUOTE #12

12. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    Late 50' early '60s Desotos, Plymouths come to mind....did somebody say Edsel?

Wild Thing
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #13

13. Deuces-wild's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Guido
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaleMotorcars
    Ill 2nd that. We need more ladies. Lets get a womens perspective on the hobby. What a Pink T called the Pink Fink? :p :D
    I like the Cragar Pro-Star mags on the Pink T.:D HINT HINT HINT!!. Guido
    QUOTE QUOTE #14

14. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    Quote Originally Posted by Gluhead
    :D

Yep that's crazy talk alright. Step away from the door...

How 'bout taking those fenders and canting them in at the bottom (I dunno...22 degrees or so?), up at the rear a couple degrees, finish off the inside of the fenders to they form a v between the wheels and use the rear most part of a '65 Vette rear window teardrop that extends up to the rear of the passenger compartment combined with half a bubbletop...I'm looking at wwII airplanes for interesting forward body parts and insane grill ideas

:D :D :D

Glu
    (please send crayons)
    Mid-engine Corvair with a spider looking intake and a blower sittin' on top. Independant rear supension...forward mounted driver's compartment. Wire motor cycle wheels and no brakes on the front. :eek: That or a Hemi with 2 blowers like Carl Caspers Ghost.
    What color crayons? :D

Wild Thing
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #15