Close

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: New Project

Builder Last Online: May 2019 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  Thanks: 0
      Started: 11-13-05 Build Revisions: Never  
      Not Supported

I've set some of my other projects aside and given myself a deadline for this one. I will be using a few "kit" pieces....wheels, tires, basic engine assembly etc. The body, frame, suspension, interior, exhaust and so on will be scratch built New Project . I'll post photos as I go along, these are of the interior tub. I'm sure I'll screw some stuff up and have to re-do pieces but maybe my coulda, woulda, shoulda will save you guys some time on your projects.

I'm using .040 evergreen sheet styrene New Project for the tub.
      Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.

1. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    Hey Don, If you include some pics of the messed up stuff, that might be a good learning experience for us to see how it happened so we can avoid the same problem. Then we'll see how you went about correcting the problem. Thanks in advance.
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #2

2. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    That's what I was thinking HFC. BTW.....Doc Watson has challenged us to a 1/8th scale drag race in the hall. (SA) Stevie's new front-end is some of the best engineering and craftsmanship I've seen in a long time. Daniel...are you going to use Deuce rails or Scratch build New Project a frame for Boat tail?

New Project
    Grandpa McGurk.....Steppin' Large and Livin' easy.
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #3

3. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    More photos.....

I will make my own seats....the ones in the photos are for mock-up purposes.

What ya think so far guys?

New Project
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #4

4. Jalopie Jim
    Jalopie Jim's Avatar Guest
    I like the "C-cab" body, Is it tri-cycle??
    Which front end do you refer to in the above post?
    QUOTE QUOTE #5

5. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    Hey, is Doc here too?? I'm up for the races. Heck over at SA we used to have drag races every Friday night until some of the "hospital administrators" went and closed us down. We used to race in 1/25 scale but I like 1/8 better. Lots more smoke and noise. Ah, I love the smell of scale nitro in the evening.

I just thought of something else. If you go ahead and refine that blue print you did, there's the basis for our logo. It's a hot New Project rod, scratchbuilt, has SMC on it. All you need to do is put a classic grill on it and "wala".
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #6

6. robjos32's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    robert
    Don, your new project looks really cool.
    QUOTE QUOTE #7

7. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    Thanks Rob, how is your wood foor board coming along?

New Project
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #8

8. robjos32's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    robert
    As you know I am going to build the rat rod backwards. I am going to buy some labels so that I can start on the license plate, after which I am going to start sanding New Project down the floor mats of the stock floor, then I can start laying down the new floor.
    QUOTE QUOTE #9

9. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    Quote Originally Posted by Jalopie Jim
    I like the "C-cab" body, Is it tri-cycle??
    Which front end do you refer to in the above post?
    Jim, no it's not a trike but that would be cool. I will use either a suicide front axle or a torsion bar setup.

New Project
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #10

10. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    I am starting on the frame and engine today. It will be the pontiac block with some mods. I'm going to use a chevy bellhousing and 4-speed. As far as the intake goes, I'm going to do 2 versions...6 two barrels with tall velocity stacks like the drawing and an insane dual blower setup.

New Project
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #11

11. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    This is gonna be good. I sit at the teacher's feet. Kinda hard to build models on the floor though :rolleyes:
    QUOTE QUOTE #12

12. ScaleMotorcars's Avatar Administrator
    Name
    Daniel
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Garrett
    That's what I was thinking HFC. BTW.....Doc Watson has challenged us to a 1/8th scale drag race in the hall. (SA) Stevie's new front-end is some of the best engineering and craftsmanship I've seen in a long time. Daniel...are you going to use Deuce rails or Scratch build New Project a frame for Boat tail?
    Iam going with the T rails, body and a Deuce grill. I think I mentioned this before but Iam going work it a little backwards like Rob. Iam starting with the body then Ill make everything else fit that.
    QUOTE QUOTE #13

13. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    That makes perfect sense to me. I had to lay out the body for the C-cab berfore I could work on the frame. I suppose I could have made the body fit the frame but that would have controlled the design of the body or maybe I was just having another one of those senior moments.

New Project
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #14

14. Mike1981's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    cant wait to see it finished Don :cool:
    QUOTE QUOTE #15