Close

original 32 Ford wheels
Goal amount for this year: 518 USD, Received: 415.00 USD (80%)
Scalemotorcars is a free and open community devoted to scale modeling. The heart and soul of Scalemotorcars is our global community of over 10,000+ contributors, millions of readers, and donors like yourself – all united to share unlimited access to reliable information. Your donations keep Scalemotorcars freely available to everyone.

This years bandwidth costs, hosting service, domain registration, software licensing fees, and maintenance cost have a balance of $518 due by the end of August, (extended to the end of Septembers). Please help us keep Scalemotorcars growing by making a donation today.
Thank you.

original 32 Ford wheels original 32 Ford wheels original 32 Ford wheels original 32 Ford wheels original 32 Ford wheels
Accepted Payment Types

Builder Last Online: Aug 2014 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  Thanks: 0
      Started: 03-29-07 Build Revisions: Never  
      Not Supported

Sure wish one of you sculptors with a lathe would get interested in making up hubs and rims for an original Deuce.

My endeavor to fabricate a rim like Bob did on his Model A has been a failure so I am inclined now to get some Pocher Alfa rims one way or another. They are only ¼ inch too tall but have matching scale 5.5 inch width tires.

The hubs I am trying to make from 3/32” thick laminated squares of styrene original 32 Ford wheels . Below are pictures of a wheel, my lathe (1/4 inch drill), the outside of my unfinished hub, my mill (Dremel), and the inside of my initial unfinished hub. I am still working on the concept.

For one, I hope to receive comments as to whether I am going in the right direction and suggestions for improvement. Does it seem like this concept will work? I think I will file the studs off the brake drums to make it easier to attach this type of hub. I imagine I should make the hub fit as close as possible to the drum which mean I will ride up over the drum shoulder a ways. I haven’t found any chrome disks that might pass for hubcaps.

I don’t know if resin original 32 Ford wheels is strong enough to cast multiple hubs and rims if we ever get a good original. Anyone have any idea?
      Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.
    JOIN THE SMC ALLIANCE NOW