Close

Builder Last Online: Aug 2011 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  Thanks: 0
      Started: 06-29-10 Build Revisions: Never  
      Not Supported

Thought I'd start on a new build today of a model kit I bought a couple of years ago. I got this one off 1/25 scale AMT 1957 Chevy build... of ebay for about 8.00 bucks thinking it was the same old 3n'1 kit with the metal axles that first came out in the mid 60's... WRONG! This one is the newer version from the mid '90's with a ton of details that was misslabeled as a skill level 2 kit. This one has the opening trunk lid and a separate chassis. Here's a pic of the box art....

Build Photos

1/25 scale AMT 1957 Chevy build...-0150862-jpg 

Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.
    JOIN THE SMC ALLIANCE NOW

1. Deuces-wild's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Guido
    This kit also contains a sheet of bare metal foil 1/25 scale AMT 1957 Chevy build... for doing the sail fins and any other chrome work.. It also comes with 5 bias ply tires and the whitewall inserts, plug wires to wire up the Power-Pack 283 engine complete with I believe is the batwing aircleaner. The kit also has 2 sets of instructions with color charts. One is for the Coca-Cola edition and the other for the stock version. At this time, I'm not sure if I plan on building a "box stock" version or do a little kitbashing with some different wheels and tires... This is one of those kits that begs for more detail and to do something different with it! There's so many ways to build one of these kits that the possibilities are endless.... It also helps if you have a BIG parts box.. I'll start on this one this afternoon and post pictures of the build... Here's a pic of a real one with the rear fender skirts.. This kit has those skirts if I decide to do a bone stock beauty..

1/25 scale AMT 1957 Chevy build...
    Attached Images Attached Images 1/25 scale AMT 1957 Chevy build...-12502970566192-jpg 
    Last edited by Deuces-wild; 06-29-10 at 04:45 PM.
    Be nice or else ~1~**
    QUOTE QUOTE #2

2. Brizio's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Brizio
    Cool kit! And a lot of detail in it!
    QUOTE QUOTE #3

3. Deuces-wild's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Guido
    Yeah, it is! ... As of right now, I'm doing some brush painting the engine/trans combo and getting a few parts ready for spray painting. So far, I have the chassis and the bottom of the floor pan painted.

1/25 scale AMT 1957 Chevy build...
    Attached Images Attached Images 1/25 scale AMT 1957 Chevy build...-0630001104a-1-jpg  1/25 scale AMT 1957 Chevy build...-0630001104-1-jpg 
    Be nice or else ~1~**
    QUOTE QUOTE #4

4. Brizio's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Brizio
    Nice progress! I'll follow your work, because I'm so tempted to build one. :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #5