Close

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
      Builder Last Online: Aug 2011 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  Thanks: 0
      Started: 01-18-07 Build Revisions: Never  
      Not Supported

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.
    JOIN THE SMC ALLIANCE NOW

1. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    Plastruct and Evergreen are great products. K&S Scratchbuilding Supplies also makes fantastic products of you want to work with metal. You can get brass, copper, aluminum and tin in sheets of various thicknesses and a host of rods and tubes of different shapes.
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #2

2. Deuces-wild's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Guido
    I've added 5 more sites to my original post. Check them out!! If you guys know of some other ones, please post them on here and I'll add them to the list.... Thanks! :)

Scratchbuilding Supplies
    Be nice or else ~1~**
    QUOTE QUOTE #3

3. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    Okee Dokee. With these sites, we sould be well covered. Now we just have to get people to try some of the scratchbuilding techniques.
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #4

4. Deuces-wild's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Guido
    I umm.....I umm......Oh man!

Scratchbuilding Supplies
    Be nice or else ~1~**
    QUOTE QUOTE #5

5. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    We need to put these sites onto a sticky so it will stay at the top of the section. When we get the list from Garey, I'll put it on a sticky so it will be accessible to all.
    QUOTE QUOTE #6

6. Deuces-wild's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Guido
    That's cool with me l: Can you handle it?

Scratchbuilding Supplies
    Be nice or else ~1~**
    QUOTE QUOTE #7

7. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    Go for it Guido. I got a whole bunch of cyber glue waiting.
    QUOTE QUOTE #8

8. Deuces-wild's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Guido
    Sorry Jeff. The only thing I can stick together are my fingers wit crazy glue. :(

Scratchbuilding Supplies
    Be nice or else ~1~**
    QUOTE QUOTE #9

9. Deuces-wild's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Guido
    MMMMM We need to stick this one somewhere... Thanks Bud! l:l:l:

Scratchbuilding Supplies
    Be nice or else ~1~**
    QUOTE QUOTE #10

10. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    And away we go. Thanks Denis. That's a pretty good list.
    QUOTE QUOTE #11

11. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    "might be helpful" is an understatement. That's one of the best hardware sites I've seen. Looks like it's time for me to buy some parts. Thanks for posting this one.
    QUOTE QUOTE #12

12. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    Whoa Nelli is right Garey. this is one of the great ones. I wish I had a few sheckels to lay down for some of that casting Scratchbuilding Supplies equipment. I've done a lot of casting Scratchbuilding Supplies before but at this time that stuff is just too dang expensive for me. There are so many parts that would look great cast up. All we would have to do is master a part, make a mold, keep filling it with wax and make all the parts we could use.
    QUOTE QUOTE #13

13. Bob Cline's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Bob
    Quote Originally Posted by gareyb1
    Hey guys... I was looking for a quick build carbon rod soldering setup on google and came upon a great jewlers supplies/tools website that should definitely be in our list of great supplies sites...

http://kingsleynorth.com

I was so excited about it I havn't even looked it over completely yet... check it out, it looks pretty excellent!!

G.l:
    Check out the wire selections - everything I've been looking for!

Thanks.l:
    No Lathe, No Mill, No CNC
    QUOTE QUOTE #14

14. denis's Avatar Active Member
    Some additonal sources of interest:

www.ArcherTransfers.com/shop.html (dry transfers: both regular & stencil style lettering 1 4mm in height)
    www.ColorfastFlags.com/ (4 x 6 inch flags and posts from every country, many specials as well) http://theDetailer.net/ordering.html (acrylic paint-washes in 10 different colors, detail parts or tint windows) www.ProtechModelParts.com/orderform1.htm (best scale braided lines available)
    www.PulsarProfx.com/ (make your own custom dry transfers: make white, metallic, and full-color transfers)
    www.microstru.com/ (all kinds of model lighting kits from Miller Engineering)
    http://www.scalewiki.com/wiki/index...._to_your_model (complete how-to lighting-article)
    www.thomasnet.com/browsecategories (directory of thousands industrial suppliers, products, and services)
    eBay ID is "DCmodels"
    QUOTE QUOTE #15