Close

1. Big John's Avatar Established Member
    Name
    John
    Hi Gang, I recall that back in the mid to late 60s there was a ad in Road & Track, and other mags offering a built model of a 1/8 scale DOC 4cam Ford Indy engine on a wooden base. I don't seem to be able to find any info on them or if they ever come up for sale.

I would like to add one to my line of 1/8 scale engines if anyone thinks that would be saleable for a hot 1/8 Four 4 Cam Indy Ford? rod hop up. I have worked up a CAD layout for my won rendition though I an not totally happy with the oil pump/timing gear cover, but here is rendering.
    1/8 Four 4 Cam Indy Ford?-4-cam-engine-sml-copy-jpgYes, I know the Ford had central exhaust and the injectors mid head, but as I said this is just my rendition. Any Interest?
    QUOTE QUOTE #1

2. chassisdude's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Michael
    That would be cool dude...Id be interested
    I have done so much, With so little, for so long, I can do anything with nothing...
    QUOTE QUOTE #2

3. chassisdude's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Michael
    is this the type you were talking about?
    I have done so much, With so little, for so long, I can do anything with nothing...
    QUOTE QUOTE #3

4. Big John's Avatar Established Member
    Name
    John
    Hi Dude! Well this whole thing started the Mad Quest for the perfect Ford Indy engine, Yes like the ones pictured. It has been a 6 year adventure in #d CAD rendering so we could get the details right. I have much to thank Mad Mike for He started the ball rolling and filled in a lot of the smaller details he's also just the fanatic to push the boundaries of detailing. He has just finished his Amazing model of this Ford Indy 4 Cam DOHC engine. I am awaiting my copy so I can try to even come close the his work. Attached are a few of the progress drawings and and final work. Again, Mad Mike is true to his name, and an amazing craftsman. Enjoy!!!!
    1/8 Four 4 Cam Indy Ford?-4-cam-screen-capture-ul-color-jpg
    1/8 Four 4 Cam Indy Ford?-snakes-layout-r1_layout-2-sml-jpg
    1/8 Four 4 Cam Indy Ford?-4-cam-screen-capture-lower-rt-jpg
    1/8 Four 4 Cam Indy Ford?-dsc_0011-jpg
    1/8 Four 4 Cam Indy Ford?-dsc_0011-jpg
    1/8 Four 4 Cam Indy Ford?-dsc_0002-jpg
    1/8 Four 4 Cam Indy Ford?-ma0ybarq-jpg
    1/8 Four 4 Cam Indy Ford?-osf8ktxq-jpg
    1/8 Four 4 Cam Indy Ford?-tnghviag-jpg
    1/8 Four 4 Cam Indy Ford?-nq7hjp7g-jpg
    QUOTE QUOTE #4