Close

1. Kris's Avatar Member
    Name
    Kris
    We have a Pocher Dinner Jacket kit that we would like to sell. I barely started working on the engine when medical issues interfered with my finger's fine motor, and I had to pack it up. I believe the kit is absolutely complete. It has been sitting on the shelf since 1998. I have not been able to find another one for sale, except for a beautifully built model in the Netherlands, so have no idea of its value. I was hoping that someone who knows much more than me might share their insight.
    QUOTE QUOTE #1

2. Egon's Avatar Moderator
    Name
    egon
    There was a Dinner on German ebay that sold for a high price:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pocher-1-8-...1314%7Ciid%3A1

That's a very high price he got
    But is they real ? look at his item for sale, he has a huge set of Pochers
    Last edited by Egon; 02-12-20 at 06:36 PM.
    QUOTE QUOTE #2

3. Kris's Avatar Member
    Name
    Kris
    Thank you for your reply, I'm speechless! My wife paid $400 in 1998, a Christmas gift after I had really enjoyed building the Pocher Ferrari, but Wow! His photos look just like ours, so I guess they is real. And I guess he can throw out any price he wants if it's the only one out there! Nothing turned up in my ebay search except the car that was built. This kit seems to be for sale, but the link would not take me to his other items. I wanted to list here (and will) to avoid the ebay's fees & give the buyer a break, but might need to do both. Thank you again, I would appreciate any other comments.
    QUOTE QUOTE #3

4. Nortley's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Buck
    Late last century I was buying some things at American Eagles in Seattle when the cashier asked if I would be interested in a barely started Pocher car. I took a look, it had the engine assembly begun but all else looked new and present , so I took up his offer and took the kit home. An ALFA Coupe Elegant, white and blue paint job on the box art model. I doubt I'll tackle this one, so if a member is interested in owning this kit, PM me and I'll dig it out and take some pictures.
    Scorpio - Builds models the way the prototype should have been built.
    QUOTE QUOTE #4

5. Egon's Avatar Moderator
    Name
    egon
    I don't know why the Dinner is a lot more expensive than the Coupe, it's the same part they have, I gues. Could be the quantity available.
    QUOTE QUOTE #5

6. brady's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    brady
    It's all the rarity, and especially silly because of the plastic wheels.
    QUOTE QUOTE #6

7. Kris's Avatar Member
    Name
    Kris
    So we put the Dinner Jacket on ebay last night around 7:00. After a flurry of emails asking questions and an offer, someone bought it at full price, no questions asked. Less than 3 hours. Thank you for your suggestions and comments, I truly appreciate your help.
    QUOTE QUOTE #7