PDA

View Full Version : Here is the easiest way to remove paint from Pocher metal body parts (or any metal)

SWAGON
12-18-14, 03:14 PM
I have had a lot of people on various forums ask me how I was able to remove the paint from my Pocher F40 without any sanding.

I always use this stuff. Spray it on, let it sit for about 30 minutes to an hour and then spray off with a high pressure hose. You can use a plastic putty knife and a toothbrush as well but I found a garden hose on full stream works easiest (or a power washer on low power).

Here is the product I use which is available at any auto parts store like Napa, Advanced, Autozone etc.

Klean strip aircraft stripper. Ironically enough, the can specifically says "Do not use on aircraft" lol

http://www.wmbarr.com/Images/ProductImages/ear322image.jpg

SWAGON
12-18-14, 03:16 PM
Not sure why that didn't show up. This forum seems to have a very different format from any other I have ever used.

It just keeps underlining the link when I copy and paste. Never had this happen on any other forum nor my other posts. But you can just search for Klean strip aircraft stripper.

DominiqueBeerts
12-19-14, 01:39 PM
if the part is metal, why not just use ordinary paint thinner or even aceton? You can easily wash off any paint with those easy to find products. I have done it several times on metal models and diecasts. Even resin parts can be stripped by washng them cellulose thinner. Thourough cleanup can be done with a brush if necessary.

Careful: You cannot do that with plastic parts,because they will be dissolved in thinner and aceton.

SWAGON
12-19-14, 02:00 PM
Ask anyone here who has ever tried to remove the paint from a Pocher metal body. Paint thinner will not make it very easy at all. What I used will remove all of the paint with zero effort.

And yes, do not use it on plastic which is why I mention metal in the title.

CitroenTA
12-20-14, 02:41 AM

Haddewade
12-21-14, 10:25 AM
Than u have to move, it is anyway to 1cold1there gringringringrin

Tage
12-22-14, 06:02 AM
I just use brake fluid, slow but it will not damage the plastic.

Haddewade
12-24-14, 04:13 PM
OMG, no one (even Swagon) says u should use the product on plastics.........
Normaly we than say RTFM1thumbup1

jquest64
12-25-14, 09:32 AM
Thanks for the heads up on that product. Having tried to remove the paint from a Pocher Porsche I can attest the paint really hates to come off. Ironically it seems to chip if you look at it the wrong way. The main reason the Porsche got a respray.