PDA

View Full Version : Pocher Aventador build WIP Anta1974

Anta1974
01-11-14, 04:47 PM
My name is Andre from The Netherlands. New on this forum. I build al kinds of models but most of all Pocher 1:8 At the moment i'm building the Lamborghini Aventador and the Alfa Romeo 8c scuderia ferrari. I'm sure lots of you will be able to give me al kinds of new ideas and whenever possible I will do so either.Maybe you can check out @pocherbuilder on twitter.

Ton
01-11-14, 07:01 PM
Maybe you can check out @pocherbuilder on twitter.

Maybe you could share some pictures with us on the forum? 1gramps1

superfly
01-11-14, 10:15 PM
Yes .....I would like to see close-ups of your seats...please.

Anta1974
01-12-14, 03:53 AM
Yes .....I would like to see close-ups of your seats...please.The seats just colored. In a few days they become less "shiny" Some parts of the dash are also colored(the console, the steering wheel and the "button-area") just like the origional option the lower parts of the doors and some parts in the engine compartment will be orange when finished. I will add some more pictures of this project and the Alfa Romeo mille miglia....These pictures I have on a ipad1. It seems to be impossible to upload from such an historic device haha...must use my computer...

Anta1974
01-12-14, 04:02 AM
The first set of pictures....

Anta1974
01-12-14, 04:28 AM
A picture of the original interior of the Car...

superfly
01-12-14, 07:54 AM
The seats just colored. In a few days they become less "shiny" Some parts of the dash are also colored(the console, the steering wheel and the "button-area") just like the origional option the lower parts of the doors and some parts in the engine compartment will be orange when finished. I will add some more pictures of this project and the Alfa Romeo mille miglia....These pictures I have on a ipad1. It seems to be impossible to upload from such an historic device haha...must use my computer...

Beautiful painting...I know you custom mixed the color...but did you use acrylic water based paint for the PVC seats? Did you paint the stitching?

superfly
01-12-14, 08:04 AM
One small suggestion....The seat belts look like they are floating in mid-air....I know its how the instructions tell you to install them.
The seat belts should have tension and is also affected by gravity. Perhaps if the belts were taped tighter from the back?

I'm thinking of using a small watch spring..or one from a ball-point pen and attaching it to a longer piece of belt material...this will give the belt tension...and you can pull the belt and it will pull back up...like a real seat belt.

Anta1974
01-12-14, 08:30 AM
One small suggestion....The seat belts look like they are floating in mid-air....I know its how the instructions tell you to install them.The seat belts should have tension and is also affected by gravity. Perhaps if the belts were taped tighter from the back?I'm thinking of using a small watch spring..or one from a ball-point pen and attaching it to a longer piece of belt material...this will give the belt tension...and you can pull the belt and it will pull back up...like a real seat belt.You are right Renato! The belts are not quite what you might espect. A great idea of using the spring of a ball-point!! I thought about taping it tighter but I want them to be "usable" if you know what I mean. So your suggestion is super!I did'nt paint the stitching because the my "mirror-car" does'nt have this either. I'm trying to make this car simular as the one on the picture I posted. The paint I use is waterbased...the seats are a little bit to shiny at the moment but I espect this to vanish in a couple of days. When not, I'll respray with another type of paint. I'm in the painting industrie so, that should not be a problem.

Anta1974
01-12-14, 08:41 AM
Some more pictures....sorry for the fact that they are upside down. No clue how to fix that...😳

Anta1974
01-12-14, 08:58 AM
Something a made inbetween. Original it's a "Jägermeister" in green and orange. The ladder and the imperial I made myself as well as the storage inside. It comes with selfmade tools in 1:24 , cans and rolls of wallpaperVW T1 type "kasten" painted in original company colors

Anta1974
01-12-14, 09:16 AM
And some more....

Blacklion213
01-12-14, 09:33 AM
Some more pictures....sorry for the fact that they are upside down. No clue how to fix that...

Hi, André.

This happened to me, too. Must be a bug in the forum software.
Nice build so far, by the way. I can't wait to see more, so keep the photos coming. 1thumbup1

superfly
01-12-14, 09:50 AM
Andre beautiful work in progress...I will definitely follow this build.

Ton
01-12-14, 11:21 AM
Something a made inbetween. Original it's a "Jägermeister" in green and orange. The ladder and the imperial I made myself as well as the storage inside. It comes with selfmade tools in 1:24 , cans and rolls of wallpaperVW T1 type "kasten" painted in original company colors

Lovely car ! You did a nice job on the stickering

Anta1974
01-14-14, 05:08 PM
The rear suspension mounted....So far everything fits properly. My only complaint concerns the steering. Pocher shouldn't have used "plastic" parts. Better to use metal instead.

zskylar
01-15-14, 03:18 PM
Very nice. Did you use a chrome or aluminum paint for most of the exhaust and contrasting engine metal work? How are builders getting that silver detail of the lines and Lambo logo on the motor valve covers?

Anta1974
01-16-14, 05:47 AM
Very nice. Did you use a chrome or aluminum paint for most of the exhaust and contrasting engine metal work? How are builders getting that silver detail of the lines and Lambo logo on the motor valve covers?The silver detail of the texture is painted by hand. This is also the case with the screws and the attatchment of the plumbing. I used a chrome paint for most of the engine parts. Beware of not touching the parts after spraying to much!!!

superfly
01-16-14, 01:02 PM
I suppose some sheet styrene can be fashioned to close off the bottoms of those left/right fuel tanks....lt will never be seen......but just for fun.

Anta1974
01-16-14, 03:08 PM
I suppose some sheet styrene can be fashioned to close off the bottoms of those left/right fuel tanks....lt will never be seen......but just for fun.Good suggestion superfly! Ik will do just that. Can't get anyfurther anyway right now. I'm waiting for the lights to come. There's time to customize some things....

superfly
01-16-14, 04:43 PM
Awesome! i was thinking of using an old Ipod mp3 player and earbuds...use as speakers and sound system along with the lights.

Anta1974
01-16-14, 04:55 PM
Awesome! i was thinking of using an old Ipod mp3 player and earbuds...use as speakers and sound system along with the lights.There's space for that in the back-end. No doubt about that. I'm not sure if the quality of the sound is quite what you'll espect though. Please let me know! Splendid idea...🔊

Anta1974
01-16-14, 04:58 PM
Do you have some pictures of the one you're building Renato? I'm very interested...

superfly
01-16-14, 06:07 PM
This weekend I'll post some pics...I want to strip all the paint on body panels both metal and plastic....last time it will be in white...I really dont want to start building anything until i get transkits, new tires, replace screws with hex screws...etc. Also I can't prime and paint in this temperature...and my paint for the car is still on order.....

superfly
01-16-14, 10:06 PM
Would anyone know where the two parts MT-01 and MT-02 fit in the model

The Lamborghini scripts...I think the smaller size goes on the dash....the larger script goes on the back of the car between the 3rd brakelight and the reverse camera

DRZOOM68
01-17-14, 06:38 AM
The Lamborghini scripts...I think the smaller size goes on the dash....the larger script goes on the back of the car between the 3rd brakelight and the reverse camera

That is correct. In the revised building manual wich you can download form Pocher.com the position is mentioned correctly.
The best way is to soak the metal stickers into hot water lik a water decal. They will come of better from the backing paper so you will not ruin them .

Anta1974
01-17-14, 07:44 AM
This weekend I'll post some pics...I want to strip all the paint on body panels both metal and plastic....last time it will be in white...I really dont want to start building anything until i get transkits, new tires, replace screws with hex screws...etc. Also I can't prime and paint in this temperature...and my paint for the car is still on order.....Why strip the paint? You can sand it with waterproof sanding paper (1400) and repaint it with the right primer. There's another thread I started on the Alfa Romeo. There you can see the result of these method.

superfly
01-17-14, 08:21 AM
There are ejector pin marks that need to be filled and sanded..A deep scratch and missing paint on the front clip..rough areas on the firewall...debris in the paint.

I just like to know exactly what I'm working with...so no surprises....I can't prime or paint right now anyways.
I use Castrol Super Clean...so there is hardly and hand work to be done...just soak it in there for 24 hours and wash.
It will strip both the plastic and metal parts....clean.
Everything will be smooth and even.

Anta1974
01-18-14, 02:45 PM
The doorpanels matching the seats....

Mpfiend
01-18-14, 03:20 PM
Very nice progress Andre.