PDA

View Full Version : Boeing Model 299-Prototype B-17

Swampfox
10-05-09, 11:49 AM
I've just created an album with photos of a 1:48 Boeing Model 299. It's made entirely of card, paper and some toothpicks.

Click here, or copy this link to have a look:

http://www.scalemotorcars.com/forum/members/swampfox-albums-boeing-model-299-early-b-17-prototype.html

Comments welcome.

Anthony

Rick
10-05-09, 12:28 PM
Cool! Thats the type of build we'd love to see in progress photos of along with a tutorial.

Nice work, keep it coming.

hot ford coupe
10-05-09, 01:51 PM
That's the first and only model I've ever seen for the 299. It looks great. Yes, keep 'em comin'

sydeem
10-05-09, 02:59 PM
Amazing finish - had no idea this could be done with card board nor the rocket tower posted earlier. Thought cardboard was just for kids with juvenile results. New medium for the site?

Don Garrett
10-05-09, 03:39 PM
Syd, I built a bunch of the Wrebbit kits and the results are frankly way above what I expected...besides it's just plain fun. My wife asked one time if I was resorting to playing with paper dolls. I bought her the Harley kit they had out and told her to build it.

Now she wants more kits.....guess I just never know when to leave well enough alone.
She's taken over my old hobby room and now I have to find another place for my 'puter. LOL

Swampfox
10-06-09, 06:25 PM
Sorry I didn't get back to comment sooner. I live in the mountains of Colorado and we've had some unexpected snow in the last 24 hours. I had some outdoor work to get done before it really starts falling so haven't had a chance to read the forum until this afternoon.

Thanks for the comments and interest in card modeling. There are many models available on lots of subjects... Some of the more complicated models are of Formula race cars and motorcycles.

I'll get a list of useful sites that might be of interest to other members and you can check them out as you wish.

I'll be back with info.

Anthony