PDA

View Full Version : Cyber Dreams

Daytonatim
03-29-09, 08:31 PM
Hey Everyone.

I just wanted to start a thread that would be a good centralized place for people to bring pictures of modeling ideas they find while surfing the web. Maybe it will serve as inspirations for some persperation.

I would like to kickoff the pictures with an idea I found on the HAMB site. I think it is one of the coolest bits of car art I have seen in some time. Do All the parts exist out there in 8th scale land? I think they do don't they?

hot ford coupe
03-29-09, 10:04 PM
The guy that came up with that design really earned his cookies this week. I can see that being done. It would make a heck of a street rod.

Daytonatim
04-03-09, 07:11 PM
Well, since nobody else is posting any pics up here I guess I will post up something that I worked up a month or so ago. This is my first little......and only...... venture into the art world.

A little TDR bird told me that this may be a future product for the Cyber Speedshop.

Please feel free to post up any neat pictures you happen to find.

ScaleMotorcars
08-01-09, 08:37 PM
Guys. Are there any online tools that help you in doing these? Any web based 3D programs or other cool web gadgets we could add to the site?

Daytonatim
08-01-09, 09:01 PM
Checkout this free modeling package from Google.

Google SketchUp (http://sketchup.google.com/product/gsu.html)

I have never used it but I have heard some good things about it.

Here is another free package that is used a lot by people doing 3d models so there should be a lot of good user support sites

http://www.blender.org/

Don Garrett
08-02-09, 07:19 PM
Tim, I checked the links you posted above and honestly was pleasantly surprised at just how many features they offered in a "FREE" program. I watched the tutes and they really make it simple even for a beginner to start basic 3-D rendering. If you can remember which tool does what and follow a few simple rules....it's great fun if nothing else.

A darned sight easier than reading the manual that comes with programs like Corel and Adobe Illustrator. Jeff you and some of the other guys really should check 'em out. Great therapy from the bench.

ScaleMotorcars
08-02-09, 07:43 PM
Thanks Tim I just downloaded the Google one and in less then a 30 seconds I was already creating masterful works of ?????

Well maybe I need some practice. 1what1

hot ford coupe
08-02-09, 10:22 PM
Looks like it's time to check this stuff out.

Daytonatim
08-03-09, 06:10 PM
Looks like it's time to check this stuff out.

Heck yes, give it a go!!! Just keep it simple at first. If and when you try to model some car parts pic the simple ones like tires, motor mounts, leafsprings,....stuff like that.

hot ford coupe
08-03-09, 06:46 PM
Thanks Tim. As you already know, this stuff is new to me. I'll have to throw away my pencils and eat all the crayons. bb-q

Daytonatim
08-03-09, 07:51 PM
Thanks Tim. As you already know, this stuff is new to me. I'll have to throw away my pencils and eat all the crayons. bb-q

Keep the crayons!!!! You will need them to color in the pictures on the computer screen!!

hot ford coupe
08-03-09, 11:09 PM
Actually Tim, eating the crayons are an independent action. I would do that anyhow. Ask Don and Guido about that.

Deuces-wild
08-04-09, 12:36 PM
He'll be ok as long as he stays away from the green, purple and the yellow ones......

Don Garrett
08-05-09, 04:27 PM
Check out the art.........1thumbup1

Flat Out Crazy Cart Art by Dave Marek (http://www.showrods.com/home_page_links/flat_out.html)

hot ford coupe
08-05-09, 06:30 PM
Cool Cart art. It's a lot different from the Ed Roth stuff, doesn't duplicate it and still tells the story. . That's a very good thing when it comes to art.

bongobat
08-19-09, 08:35 AM
Hi,

Tim you may recognize this?

Made with Scan data and traditional modeling gringrin

Just a quick render but still very much a WIP. As I progress I will add more renders here if that is cool?

Greg

Daytonatim
08-19-09, 03:26 PM
You betcha it is cool with me!!1thumbup1

Lord what did you do to that Watson roadser??? That girl in the pic does not look like she would be drinking milk at the Indy winners circle.1what1

Post up some more renderings from other views. I'd like to see some more. Aaahhh....more of the car......that is......???!!

Tim

bongobat
08-20-09, 04:11 AM
Hi Tim,

My girl there made me re spray paint the car to better match her dress gringrin
Here are some new renderings.

Greg

hot ford coupe
08-20-09, 12:39 PM
I've got to say that's the wildest Watson I've ever seen.

Don Garrett
08-20-09, 01:06 PM
Good stuff...most of you know this isn't exactly my style .......but the imagination level is off the scale...I keep looking at the last picture....can you see the "Alien" crawling up the back of the car. Perhaps it wasn't intended to look that way, art happens. 1thumbup1

Daytonatim
08-20-09, 05:26 PM
Good stuff...most of you know this isn't exactly my style .......but the imagination level is off the scale...I keep looking at the last picture....can you see the "Alien" crawling up the back of the car. Perhaps it wasn't intended to look that way, art happens. 1thumbup1

I did not see it until you mentioned it. That IS cool!!

I guess was distracted...............

Hmmmmmmmm?? Gears are a turning.........

Don Garrett
08-20-09, 05:31 PM
It's all in seeing what you're looking at. gringrin

bongobat
08-20-09, 07:42 PM

Good Eye Don 1thumbup1

To pay homage to Giger I added his alien intentionaly.

Don Garrett
08-20-09, 08:19 PM
Bravo! 1thumbup1

bongobat
08-21-09, 09:04 AM
Thanks Don

Here is a better picture of the Alien. I did some more refinement to everything as well. I was using a dielectric material (shiny and seethru) for the chrome parts so it would look more like a giger airbrush but I decided to use DGS (real chrome look) to bring out the alien a little more now.

I think I will do a custom job of the Kurtis roadster as well, this is fun 1yeah1

Greg

Don Garrett
08-21-09, 10:14 AM
Fun is what it's all about. You obviously have your own style....by all means, please strut your stuff, imagination and creativity are the backbone of this hobby.

bongobat
08-24-09, 11:37 AM
Okay here is the Kurtis WIP. 1what1

Don Garrett
08-24-09, 02:45 PM
Dude...lose the squatting eye candy, it only detracts from the meat & taters.....
Is this one going to morph into a strange encounter expression of art for art's sake?

BTW, Yes, that's perfectly acceptable and encouraged here at here at SMC. If you can dream it up.....put wheels on it & post it.

Daytonatim
08-24-09, 03:01 PM
[QUOTE=Don Garrett;36848]Dude...lose the squatting eye candy, it only detracts from the meat & taters.....
QUOTE]

Which one is the eye candy, the girl or the car1confused1 You have to be more specific!!!! 1what1

Great work Greg.....just keep creating......and posting

Don Garrett
08-24-09, 04:00 PM
Tim if you're confused by which is the candy...just ask your wife. She'll explain.gringrinhe1he

bongobat
08-24-09, 07:23 PM
Is this one going to morph into a strange encounter expression of art for art's sake?

Say what now?

Daytonatim
08-24-09, 07:49 PM
Greg, you will have to excuse Don.......

I think he spent too much quality time with the "home grown stuff" during his younger days, in Nam....he1he

bongobat
10-26-09, 02:45 AM
Hi again,

Okay so now for the strange encounter expression of art for art's sake. I think that means 3D right! So here I tinkered with the roadsters again and made anaglyphs out of them. To view them correctly you need Red/Cyan 3D glasses or try anything you think might work but the red needs to be over your left eye. I know yall know how this works.

Daytonatim
10-26-09, 01:30 PM
Hey Greg. Wild looking pictures. I am going to keep poking around here at work and see if I can find a pair of those red/blue glasses. We have lots of polarized and shuddered 3D glasses but none of the red/blue. LOL...if all else fails, I will have to hit my kids up for their 3D glasses when I get home.

Don Garrett
10-26-09, 04:31 PM
Way cool!

hot ford coupe
10-26-09, 08:27 PM
I have a pair of those things somewhere in the house. I have to do some looking.

bongobat
10-29-09, 03:00 AM
Hi Guys,

Don, thanks again for the compliment.

Tim, hot ford coup, I hope you find some glasses and can check these out. These were made for the common Red/Cyan glasses. Oh and Tim I was wondering how you are coming along with printing your scans? If you are having any problems shoot me an email maybe I can help.

If you guys do find some glasses you might also want to check out my thread here: DAVID-Laserscanner Forum • View topic - The Art of Scanning (http://www.david-laserscanner.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=9130#p9142) You will notice I am a big star wars nerd.

I plan to post more 3d stuff there in the future too but if a another car comes along I will surely post here 1thumbup1

Thanks,
Greg

hot ford coupe
10-29-09, 03:17 AM
Thanks Greg. I know where the glasses are. I just have to dig them out.

Daytonatim
10-29-09, 12:43 PM
Hey Greg

Sorry for the late response...... just getting over the flu.

My kids finally found a pair of thier glasses and let me borrow them......it is a wonder they did not try to charge me rent.

Cool pictures. You certainly have that artistic flare in your work!!

I have not done a lot with the rescans you did for me. I am trying to wrap up the remodel of the Allison V12 engine that we want to get out before ******mas. So all of my efforts have been there here of late.

I will give your link a look