PDA

View Full Version : Dumas Pay'N Pak Hydroplane

Lancair IV
09-26-08, 12:20 PM
A friend of mine at work gave me a partially built kit. Has anyone ever built one of these? I'm thinking it might make a really nice static hydroplane if I could get the right size engine and cockpit details.

kcvnd
09-26-08, 12:57 PM
Hi Rob,

I am an rc boat modeler who enjoys building 1/8 scale nitro powered hydros. The Dumas kit is an easy build especially if you are just going to make it a static model. If you plan to power it and run it then you may want to consider making some changes. There are static engines and drivers etc available. If you have any questions please feel free to ask. In the mean time you might enjoy some of these sites.

www.intlwaters.com
www.rcunlimiteds.org/

This is a gallery of my current project.
http://gallery.intlwaters.com/thumbnails.php?album=1016

Cheers,
Kevin

Lancair IV
02-20-09, 10:46 AM
OK guys,

The Wright Flyer is winding down. I'm looking for an 1/8 scale V12 engine for this build.

Thanks

Rick
02-20-09, 03:33 PM
Jump in here Don and bring these guys up to date on the Allison.

Don Garrett
02-20-09, 05:00 PM
You dog, don't I have enough to do? gringrin
Okay gang, the Allison is in South America at the moment undergoing some super detailing and tweaking (the old fashioned labor intensive way). However, that little bird that flies through here occasionally said there may be a revised version in the back room....in more than one scale....don't know for sure. One way another you guys will have first dibs when the dust settles.

kcvnd
02-20-09, 09:29 PM
I can't wait!!!!!

Lancair IV
02-20-09, 11:16 PM
I can't wait!!!!!

Neither can I......That will look awesome in the boat.

LET THE PLANNING COMMENCE

gringrin

Daytonatim
02-21-09, 06:28 PM
I'm in the process of reworking "Big Al". I am converting it from a CNC model to something that would work well with a NEW and IMPROVED (read that as cheaper and smoother) rapid prototype vendor.

Hang in there guys, this is my first and favorite baby and I really want to see it out there for you guys. We are learning the how to work with this new technology (at least for the hobby modeler) and there are some growing pains.