Close

1. ScaleMotorcars's Avatar Administrator
    Name
    Daniel
    Sorry, everyone. SMC was hit with a DOS (Denial of Service) attach the other day and I've been cleaning up the site to try and prevent it happening again. Please don't worry the site was never breached they simply overloaded the servers so it didn't work anymore.

[B]A few changes to the member's list. [/B]

To help clean up a few things all members that have not posted in the last three years have been removed from the site.

[B]The For Sale Forum
    [/B]
    The automatic eBay listing forums have been removed due to server load. A new system is in the works. Please keep in mind that when you use a link from SMC to eBay and buy that item we get a small kickback from eBay. It's just a small way to help pay the hosting fee's.

[B]All Orphaned threads[/B]

All orphaned threads (threads without replies) older than 280 days have been removed from the site. This is just another way to help clean up the site and make things run a little smoother.

[B]Security[/B]

We already have tight security but I'll be adding more over the next week or so.

[B]Short interruptions
    [/B]
    The site may be turned off for short periods of time over the next few weeks. I'll try and keep these "interruptions" to off peak use hours but we have members from all around the world so if you see the site down don't worry we'll be back shortly.

[B]If you have any questions or concerns simply send me a Private Message. [/B]

Daniel
    QUOTE QUOTE #1

2. Roy vd M.'s Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Roy
    It seemed to me the forum was a bit slower the last two days or so before it went offline.

Good to see we're up and running and thank you -Daniel- for the trouble to make this site accessible and, as it seems, faster again.
    QUOTE QUOTE #2