Close

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Model Sunday

1. ScaleMotorcars's Avatar Administrator
    Name
    Daniel
    [B]Starting January 2010 SMC will be hosting a weekly model event every Sunday open to [/B][B].....
    [/B]
    [B]Everyone!!!!
    ALL [/B]scales,
    [B]ALL [/B]model types
    [B]ALL [/B]sub types
    including but not limited to, modified die-cast, Scale R/C, engineering models, dioramas, and more.
    [B]
    Model Sunday is NOT a competition.[/B]

This is your opportunity to show off what your working on that week and best of all you don't even have to be a member to do it.

Model Sunday is the only part of SMC open to guests for posting. Anyone can post their model photos or reply to the models posted by others. Call all your small scale, airplane, boat, motorcycle and RC buddies and invite them to join the fun....

Not so small print. Basic forum rules apply.

[I][B]Be nice, have fun and [I]keep the trash stored in the appropriate[/I] container. [/B][/I]
    QUOTE QUOTE #1

2. Rick's Avatar Member
    Name
    Rick
    What a great idea! I hope everyone supports it.
    QUOTE QUOTE #2

3. ScaleMotorcars's Avatar Administrator
    Name
    Daniel
    Your right Rick it only works if people participate.
    QUOTE QUOTE #3

4. Herman's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Herman
    Worked on this week:

Bugatti T251 in 1:43
    Bugatti T32 in 1:43
    Bugatti T43 to T40 conversion in 1:24

Bought some stuff at a local hobby shop. (brass tube, Microsol, paint). I went to another shop twice, to find out that twice they were not open when they should be open. Luckily the other shop, which is much nearer, now has all I need. No modelling this week anymore. Tuesday a judge and the contractor I am sueing will visit my house. Need to do some housekeeping...
    QUOTE QUOTE #4

5. gbritnell's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    George
    Gentlemen, it's been awhile but I designed a 90 degree V twin engine several months back. It will be an operating gas engine with a bore and stroke of 1.00x1.25. It will have exposed overhead valves, air cooled and pressure oil system. I have the crankcase, gear cover, crankshaft, gears, rocker arms and cams almost finished. Everything is machined from solid. The crankcase is aluminum, the vavles are stainless steel, the rods and crank are steel and the cams are tool steel. I'm hoping to have it finished by springtime.
    gbritnell
    Attached Images Attached Images Model Sunday-cx-jpg  Model Sunday-cy-jpg  Model Sunday-ej-jpg  Model Sunday-el-jpg  Model Sunday-ey-jpg  Model Sunday-fz-jpg  Model Sunday-fy-jpg  Model Sunday-gp-jpg  Model Sunday-gq-jpg  Model Sunday-jpg 
    QUOTE QUOTE #5

6. robjos32's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    robert
    Great idea. I will start building again,as soon as the weather on this side of the pond improves,also can you work on just a component such as the oil filter etc.
    Last edited by robjos32; 01-03-10 at 04:00 AM.
    You can have any color you want, as long as it's black. Henry Ford
    QUOTE QUOTE #6

7. Old Busted Hotness's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Stu
    It's mostly been a week of little details for me and the F-350 truggy.

I'm down to things like dipsticks, also doing a bit of weathering Model Sunday . I expect new wheels & shocks to arrive this week so I can finish this one.

Chained down the engine when the motor mount broke

Replacement hood.
    This don't look like no expressway to me! - Jake Blues
    QUOTE QUOTE #7

8. ScaleMotorcars's Avatar Administrator
    Name
    Daniel
    Redoing the SMCuda mold today...
    Attached Images Attached Images Model Sunday-dsc04611-jpg 
    QUOTE QUOTE #8

9. Rick's Avatar Member
    Name
    Rick
    As usual I have far too many projects on the bench but I'll show you a couple.

I've started the Pocher K85 Mercedes roadster. Its one I've always wanted to do and its been enjoyable so far. Rather than add accessory nuts and bolts, I'm useing Sharpie pens to detail all the good stuff that Pocher includes.

I'm also back on my Willys coupe. The new TDR Model Sunday Pro Street chassis arrived recently and I've been smoothing the chassis sections and front suspension pieces.
    Attached Images Attached Images Model Sunday-049-jpg  Model Sunday-045-jpg  Model Sunday-047-jpg 
    QUOTE QUOTE #9

10. ScaleMotorcars's Avatar Administrator
    Name
    Daniel
    Quote Originally Posted by gbritnell View Post
    Gentlemen, it's been awhile but I designed a 90 degree V twin engine several months back. It will be an operating gas engine with a bore and stroke of 1.00x1.25. It will have exposed overhead valves, air cooled and pressure oil system. I have the crankcase, gear cover, crankshaft, gears, rocker arms and cams almost finished. Everything is machined from solid. The crankcase is aluminum, the vavles are stainless steel, the rods and crank are steel and the cams are tool steel. I'm hoping to have it finished by springtime.
    gbritnell
    Dang George how long were going to keep that a secret!!! One of these days your going to have to show us how you do that. Shrink ray right????
    QUOTE QUOTE #10

11. Lancair IV's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Rob
    Almost completed 1/48 hobbyboss F4F-4 Wildcat
    Attached Images Attached Images Model Sunday-100107-decaled-wildcat-001-jpg  Model Sunday-100107-decaled-wildcat-002-jpg  Model Sunday-100107-decaled-wildcat-003-jpg 
    Rob Byrnes
    Novi, Mi.

On the Bench
    1:48 Monogram B-17 Flying Fortress (Extreem Detail)
    Scratch build Lancair 235

In the planning Stages
    1:48 US WWII Bombers B-26, B-29

Recently Completed
    1:48 Accurate Miniatures P-51
    1:48 Accurate Miniatures P-51A
    1:48 Accurate Miniatures P-36 Apache
    1:48 Tamiya P-51D
    QUOTE QUOTE #11

12. RC-Archer's Avatar Established Member
    I got hung up on some details on both my Monza and my Fiat so I took a break and worked on this model.

Here is my Eye Gone Wild by Von Franco.

The kit went together very quickly. The kit is mostly box stock Model Sunday but I did curl the spikes a bit and add other details including an eyeball shift knob.

This is the fiirst time I tried to do some dry brushing Model Sunday . This was fun to do since I didn't have to stress over scale colors or details.

QUOTE QUOTE #12

13. ScaleMotorcars's Avatar Administrator
    Name
    Daniel
    Quote Originally Posted by RC-Archer View Post
    I got hung up on some details on both my Monza and my Fiat so I took a break and worked on this model.

Here is my Eye Gone Wild by Von Franco.

The kit went together very quickly. The kit is mostly box stock but I did curl the spikes a bit and add other details including an eyeball shift knob.

This is the fiirst time I tried to do some dry brushing. This was fun to do since I didn't have to stress over scale colors or details.

How in the heck is that staying up like that ????
    QUOTE QUOTE #13

14. RC-Archer's Avatar Established Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaleMotorcars View Post
    How in the heck is that staying up like that ????
    Combined smooth application of the clutch and mashing of the throttle will bring your front end right up...

(You find something to prop up the front end like a Pocher Monza and then photoshop it out of the picture)
    Last edited by RC-Archer; 01-03-10 at 05:31 PM.
    QUOTE QUOTE #14

15. RC-Archer's Avatar Established Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gbritnell View Post
    gbritnell
    That's an awesome project!! I can't wait to see the video of it running.
    QUOTE QUOTE #15