Close

2012 Glenmoor Gathering
Goal amount for this year: 518 USD, Received: 295.00 USD (57%)
Scalemotorcars is a free and open community devoted to scale modeling. The heart and soul of Scalemotorcars is our global community of over 10,000+ contributors, millions of readers, and donors like yourself all united to share unlimited access to reliable information. Your donations keep Scalemotorcars freely available to everyone.

This years bandwidth costs, hosting service, domain registration, software licensing fees, and maintenance cost have a balance of $518 due by the end of August. Please help us keep Scalemotorcars growing by making a donation today.
Thank you.

2012 Glenmoor Gathering 2012 Glenmoor Gathering 2012 Glenmoor Gathering 2012 Glenmoor Gathering 2012 Glenmoor Gathering
Accepted Payment Types

1. xken's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Kenneth
    Time to start planning ahead to September and bring and show your model(s).. Check out the link for the special events, the Model event is now a featured event along with the others. Guess we have finally made the big time.

Ken

2012 Special Events | Glenmoor Gathering
    QUOTE QUOTE #1

2. xken's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Kenneth
    Glenmoor Gathering is upon us and we are looking for participants to show off and talk about large scale modeling.
    So far only two confirmed participants, it would be a shame to have this show die due to the lack of interest.
    Contact me directly if you can participate. xken@sssnet.com or call evenings 330 264-4487.

Ken

Here is a link, look in Special Events on the left for the pictures of previous model show:
    http://www.glenmoorgathering.com/
    Last edited by xken; 08-21-12 at 06:04 AM.
    QUOTE QUOTE #2

3. xken's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Kenneth
    Looks like we are going to have another great display this year, so far 10 quality builders have signed on from two Chapters of the IPMS 2012 Glenmoor Gathering .

It is still not too late to sign on but if interested do so quickly. September 16 is coming fast. So far not one Pocher kit.

Ken
    QUOTE QUOTE #3

4. xken's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Kenneth
    The weather was perfect both Saturday and Sunday; not a cloud in the sky both days. The hit of the show were the kids building the Make N' Take models, many comments about how great an idea that was and I was surprised how many watched the kids work with their parents to build.

2012 Glenmoor Gathering-2012-glenmoor-02-jpg2012 Glenmoor Gathering-2012-glenmoor-03-jpg2012 Glenmoor Gathering-2012-glenmoor-04-jpg
    Three generations of model builders. Note mom kept an eye on them to make sure they built it right.

2012 Glenmoor Gathering-2012-glenmoor-06-jpg2012 Glenmoor Gathering-2012-glenmoor-07-jpg

2012 Glenmoor Gathering-2012-glenmoor-08-jpg2012 Glenmoor Gathering-dscn5609-jpg2012 Glenmoor Gathering-dscn5611-jpg2012 Glenmoor Gathering-2012-glenmoor-11-jpg2012 Glenmoor Gathering-2012-glenmoor-12-jpg

This is the last show that Lou Chenot's 1/6th scale 1932 Dueisenburg will be shown at.

Ken
    Last edited by xken; 09-18-12 at 06:32 AM.
    QUOTE QUOTE #4

5. gbritnell's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    George
    Hi Ken,
    With the weather Friday I was hoping that it would clear out for you fellows at the show and it surely did. I'm glad to see that the model show was a big hit, especially with the inclusion of Lou's Duesy. I would imagine there were crowds around it all day. How did the logistics of moving in and out work out?
    George
    QUOTE QUOTE #5

6. xken's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Kenneth
    George,

We really missed you and your engines, hopefully your wife has recovered from her surgery with no problems. Actually, we all had steady crowds all day and in many cases since Lou was across the way from our tent by himself, many times we had to point out to people where he was and to make sure they see his model.

They really tightened up security and access to the field this year and they told me ahead of time that we needed to be there before 7am to drive right up to the tents for those who could not setup on Saturday. Well some did not listen and got there after 7 and spent an hour and half before finally getting to us. Many first timers cannot really relate to this kind of security; thirty feet from our tent on Saturday sat a 1929 Dueisenburg that eventually won Best of Show valued at 3.5 million.

2012 Glenmoor Gathering-dscn5605-jpg
    Hope to see you there next year. Will you be going to the Model exhibition at the I-X center in October?

Ken
    Last edited by xken; 09-18-12 at 08:37 AM.
    QUOTE QUOTE #6