Close

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. ScaleMotorcars's Avatar Administrator
    Name
    Daniel

[B]Official Show page. Enjoy!!![/B]
    QUOTE QUOTE #1

2. Its fitting that xkens wheels are the logo for the Official SMC Scratch builders Fantasy Great testament to his dedication and detail.
    QUOTE QUOTE #2

3. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    Ken's really amazing. This is actually his first model car. He's world class all the way.
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #3

4. Yea i read that it was, .......I' totally blown away....(I nominated him too) Wish I had a garage or basement to work undisturbed and start a project like that.

Wow.
    QUOTE QUOTE #4

5. Ok so whater I gotta do here ? Might as well enter that old MV bike build before it gets lost in the Vaults of time

Sean
    QUOTE QUOTE #5

6. ScaleMotorcars's Avatar Administrator
    Name
    Daniel
    Just post pics of anything scratch built Official SMC Scratch builders Fantasy Weekend . The MV would be perfect, The SSL parts you made, Anything from that race car you did. You get the picture.
    QUOTE QUOTE #6

7. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    Hey Sean, post a whole bunch of stuff. I never get tired of seeing your work.
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #7

8. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    The gate is open so post your work right here. Hope you like what you see. Welcome to all.

Those are two seats I made for the deuce. The V8 on the top of the seat is the one that's in between the deuce lights on the bar.

There are two different kinds of shocks in #6, one front and one rear. Yes they actually work. There is a pen spring inside.

The axle is not the scratchbuilt part, it's the front spring setup. If you notice, the kit spring is located on top of the axle. In order to lower the front a bit, I relocated the spring to the axle level and behind it. You're looking at the rear of the axle.

The Olds intake manifold was carved out of a solid block of styrene Official SMC Scratch builders Fantasy Weekend . The Edelbrock logo was done with a glob of wax and a small carver.
    Attached Images Attached Images Official SMC Scratch builders Fantasy Weekend-seat1a-jpg  Official SMC Scratch builders Fantasy Weekend-seat2a-jpg  Official SMC Scratch builders Fantasy Weekend-seat3-jpg  Official SMC Scratch builders Fantasy Weekend-seat5a-jpg  Official SMC Scratch builders Fantasy Weekend-seat-1-jpg  Official SMC Scratch builders Fantasy Weekend-dsc09755-jpg  Official SMC Scratch builders Fantasy Weekend-dsc09759-jpg  Official SMC Scratch builders Fantasy Weekend-dsc09768-jpg  Official SMC Scratch builders Fantasy Weekend-dsc09771-jpg  Official SMC Scratch builders Fantasy Weekend-dsc09772-jpg 
    Last edited by hot ford coupe; 04-17-09 at 09:23 PM.
    QUOTE QUOTE #8

9. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    Here are a few more pics. This is from the Olds before she fell.

QUOTE QUOTE #9

10. Guys I'm out sorry If I read the rules correctly the winner has the model cast in resin Official SMC Scratch builders Fantasy Weekend I don't want that !
    QUOTE QUOTE #10

11. 1/8 IH Scout II:

Bronco hardtop and roof rack

1/14 International 9400i (only the cab is scratchbuilt, the chassis is a Tamiya Official SMC Scratch builders Fantasy Weekend ) and 53-foot trailer with functional sliding tandems (I wanna see you do the mold box for the trailer, it's 46 inches long!)

Inside the trailer

Generator/welder (not 100% scratchbuilt, the gauge panel is from the Monogram Jag)

Dashboard in the 9400i

Wheels made from Easter eggs

Spare wheel from scratch

Brass sliding-tandem assembly

That's enough, you get the idea.
    This don't look like no expressway to me! - Jake Blues
    QUOTE QUOTE #11

12. Great work, love the mini pallets ( i have one from a Weyrhauser note pad), look pretty easy to make, Load lock and ? broom?...

the brass bending and soldering... pretty neat.

trial and error?

pretty nice generator and Olds Rocket stuff too

Tires, they look hand made?
    QUOTE QUOTE #12

13. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    OBH, you've blown me away completely. If I haven't said it before, you do some really incredible work. I'm glad to see you joined in.
    QUOTE QUOTE #13

14. xken's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Kenneth
    Here are pictures of the MASH helicopter. The main rotor turns and drives the tailrotor with gears in the transmission and also turns the engine cooling fan. This one was a bit of a challenge since everything is exposed and visible.

The stretcher belts work and the stretchers are removable.

A little closer look. The top of the gas tank was hammered using copper to get the small compond curves in it and be one piece. This is where copper has an advantage over brass being softer and more malable.

Tail rotor gears; these are driven through a working 1/8" diameter universal joint to change direction up to the tail rotor.

Here is the drive train assembly.

Yes the dipstick works and if you look close you can see the marks on it.

Here is a picture of the rotor head assembly detail.

Cockpit image.

Here are the batteries and the cover hold down clamps work.

This was a fun build and I enjoyed the challenge of all the little problems that had to be solved. This was my first major mostly brass project and where I really got a handle on working with brass.

Ken
    Last edited by xken; 04-19-09 at 06:42 AM.
    QUOTE QUOTE #14

15. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    I'm really glad to see that chopper posted. It's one truly brilliant work of art. I'm learning so much about working with brass from just looking at your work. It inspires me to go further.
    QUOTE QUOTE #15