Close

Official SMC Scratch builders Fantasy Weekend
Goal amount for this year: 518 USD, Received: 415.00 USD (80%)
Scalemotorcars is a free and open community devoted to scale modeling. The heart and soul of Scalemotorcars is our global community of over 10,000+ contributors, millions of readers, and donors like yourself all united to share unlimited access to reliable information. Your donations keep Scalemotorcars freely available to everyone.

This years bandwidth costs, hosting service, domain registration, software licensing fees, and maintenance cost have a balance of $518 due by the end of August, (extended to the end of Septembers). Please help us keep Scalemotorcars growing by making a donation today.
Thank you.

Official SMC Scratch builders Fantasy Weekend Official SMC Scratch builders Fantasy Weekend Official SMC Scratch builders Fantasy Weekend Official SMC Scratch builders Fantasy Weekend Official SMC Scratch builders Fantasy Weekend
Accepted Payment Types

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. xken's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Kenneth
    This engine was built for the Sopwith Camel in 1/15th scale.

Here is a breakdown of the major engine components.

Rear view.

Here are the accessories behing the engine. And those big pennies are getting harder to find.

Rear view of finished engine in engine stand.

Front view in engine stand.

Front closeup, note warning plate to re-time the guns if the engine was removed.

Here are the finished engines; one on the display stand and one in the plane.

Ken
    Last edited by xken; 04-18-09 at 05:57 AM.
    QUOTE QUOTE #16

2. Ok here is my entry ! MV125 Agusta motorcycle . I Built it predominately of Brass I also like to incoporate Aluminium and Lexin or acrylic Official SMC Scratch builders Fantasy Weekend into my builds.
    Attached Images Attached Images Official SMC Scratch builders Fantasy Weekend-dsc03164-vi-jpg  Official SMC Scratch builders Fantasy Weekend-dsc03168-vi-jpg  Official SMC Scratch builders Fantasy Weekend-newfolder008-vi-jpg  Official SMC Scratch builders Fantasy Weekend-dsc04122-jpg  Official SMC Scratch builders Fantasy Weekend-dsc04121-jpg  Official SMC Scratch builders Fantasy Weekend-dsc04119-jpg  Official SMC Scratch builders Fantasy Weekend-dsc04115-jpg  Official SMC Scratch builders Fantasy Weekend-dsc04113-jpg  Official SMC Scratch builders Fantasy Weekend-dsc04111-jpg  Official SMC Scratch builders Fantasy Weekend-dsc04110-jpg  Official SMC Scratch builders Fantasy Weekend-dsc04109-jpg 
    Last edited by modelmaker; 04-18-09 at 06:06 AM.
    QUOTE QUOTE #17

3. This Model started of in a very poor state. I scratch built Official SMC Scratch builders Fantasy Weekend numerous missing parts from Brass which included fuel tank both spare wheels, exhaust system ,windscreen etc.
    Attached Images Attached Images Official SMC Scratch builders Fantasy Weekend-dsc03885-jpg  Official SMC Scratch builders Fantasy Weekend-dsc03855-vi-jpg  Official SMC Scratch builders Fantasy Weekend-dsc03795-vi-jpg  Official SMC Scratch builders Fantasy Weekend-dsc03780-jpg  Official SMC Scratch builders Fantasy Weekend-dsc03638-jpg  Official SMC Scratch builders Fantasy Weekend-dsc03637-jpg  Official SMC Scratch builders Fantasy Weekend-dsc03636-jpg  Official SMC Scratch builders Fantasy Weekend-dsc03109-vi-jpg  Official SMC Scratch builders Fantasy Weekend-dsc03013-vi-jpg 
    QUOTE QUOTE #18

4. I machined these wheels from Aluminium , in total I Produced 30 sets !
    Attached Images Attached Images Official SMC Scratch builders Fantasy Weekend-fittedwithtyrescheckedforfit-vi-jpg  Official SMC Scratch builders Fantasy Weekend-mountedinthejig-vi-jpg  Official SMC Scratch builders Fantasy Weekend-dsc02345-jpg  Official SMC Scratch builders Fantasy Weekend-dsc02344-jpg  Official SMC Scratch builders Fantasy Weekend-dsc02348-jpg 
    QUOTE QUOTE #19

5. xken's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Kenneth
    Is it safe to assume you made them as replacements for a kit? Excellent work!

Ken
    QUOTE QUOTE #20

6. keramh's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Marek
    hello,

simply great, which is to be seen here is absolutely perfectly. my mouth is open far.

www.scale16.de.vu
    the modelkit databank for the scale 1/16
    QUOTE QUOTE #21

7. Hi Ken yes replacements for The big Monogram E type

Sean
    QUOTE QUOTE #22

8. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    Hey Sean, glad to see your entries. Those wheels are perfect. If I didn't know you, I'd swear you threw in the real thing. First rate work. All you other members who have scratchbuilt stuff, don't hesitate to post your stuff. this show is for everyone.
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #23

9. strevo's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Steve
    Well, Here's my entry. I built a model of a 12' classic surfboard and painted it Model Master Custom Lacquer Official SMC Scratch builders Fantasy Weekend System Wimbeldon White with a Honduras Maroon stripe and clearcoated it with Ultra Gloss Clear. This was my first experience using the custom lacquer Official SMC Scratch builders Fantasy Weekend system, and it definietly took some getting used to. The stripe entailed drawing out the hibiscuses on the computer, printing them onto a sticky label, and cutting them out with an exacto. I then carefully peeled each piece off and stuck it to the board before painting the maroon over them. Then, after a few minutes for the paint to dry, I carefully peeled them back off again revealing the white underneath. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. The tail was made by cutting rough shapes out of different thicknesses of styrene Official SMC Scratch builders Fantasy Weekend sheet and laminating them together with Tenax. I then sanded the profile into the fin following the shapes I cut out.
    -Steve
    Attached Images Attached Images Official SMC Scratch builders Fantasy Weekend-fin_laminated_2-jpg  Official SMC Scratch builders Fantasy Weekend-board_front_angle-jpg  Official SMC Scratch builders Fantasy Weekend-board_bottom_all-jpg  Official SMC Scratch builders Fantasy Weekend-stripe_1-jpg  Official SMC Scratch builders Fantasy Weekend-board_bottom_fin-jpg  Official SMC Scratch builders Fantasy Weekend-board_rear_angle-jpg  Official SMC Scratch builders Fantasy Weekend-board_top_2-jpg  Official SMC Scratch builders Fantasy Weekend-board_side_1-jpg 
    "Success and failure are the same choice; only attitude determines the difference." Ross A. Halliday
    QUOTE QUOTE #24

10. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    Steve that's gorgeous. You did an exceptional job. Wow, I can hear Jan and Dean and the Beach Boys in the background. Is that Lil Deuce Coupe? Kowabunga, Moon Doggie!!!
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #25

11. ScaleMotorcars's Avatar Administrator
    Name
    Daniel
    That is a sweet board Steve. Love the finish.

Anyone else knock out a board?
    Last edited by Don Garrett; 04-19-09 at 07:30 PM.
    QUOTE QUOTE #26

12. Rick's Avatar Member
    Name
    Rick
    We're going to leave this thread up for all to enjoy, but the entry deadline is over.

On behalf of the SMC management team I'd like to thank Jeff, Ken, Steve, OBH and Modelmaker for their participation in this event. I want you to know that we are extreemly proud to have you as members here at Scalemotorcars and we thank you for shareing not only your projects, but for including us in how you create them. This is "the" large scale modelers site, and we learn so much from each other.

Steve, you're the winner of the surfboard contest. I'll contact you off site and arrange to get your $50 prize to you. You can take it in cash or in the form of a gift certificate towards TDR Official SMC Scratch builders Fantasy Weekend products.

Once again, thanks to our participants.
    QUOTE QUOTE #27

13. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    Congrats Steve. Like I said before, you did a fantastic job on that board. I should have mentioned before that I really loved the flowered band on the board. A real Hawaiian touch.
    QUOTE QUOTE #28