Close

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
  1. Rick's Avatar Member
    Name
    Rick
    Dan's makeing some site changes, one of which is an "Events" thread. Our first Event is as follows:

During the weekend of May 31st to June 1st, we are going to hold our first "SMC Show & Shine". This event is open to ALL large scale model cars, whether they be for the street, for show or for the track. We'd like to see a bunch of finished cars, but your car can be unfinished or one thats been sitting finished on the shelf for years. THERE ARE NO RULES, THERE WILL BE NO JUDGEING AND NO NEED TO FILL OUT AN ENTRY FORM. Each entrant's name will go into a draw for a R/M roadster body. (winner pays shipping).

You'll be able to post as many photos as you want along with a description of your car. We'll make an announcement in May as to when and where to post your entry. Just to add to the fun, it would be cool if photos were taken outside. PLEASE DO NOT POST UNTIL ASKED TO DO SO. If this event is a success, it will continue throughout the summer.

Mark the date on your calender. You've asked for more events, this is the first of several we're working on.
    QUOTE QUOTE #1

2. Firecaptain's Avatar Active Member
    Rick,
    Pictures are good...........but may I recommend some type of formal text to go with it.
    Kind of your entry paper, but with more detail.
    Many times I have been to a show only to see listed, manufacturer and scale, and having to hunt down the builder to ask him a question or two about his entry.
    A little patting of one's back should certainly be in order..........especially if some special techniques, materials, color or paint manufacturer etc were used.

Thanks
    Joe
    QUOTE QUOTE #2

3. Rick's Avatar Member
    Name
    Rick
    As I said Joe........."photos...along with a description of your car". Also, when the posting's are done, everybody will know who the builder is and we'll all have an opportunity to complement the owners.
    QUOTE QUOTE #3

4. Rick's Avatar Member
    Name
    Rick
    I've had a couple of questions so for everybodys information, the Show and Shine is open to "ANY" large scale car model, including manufactured kit, aftermarket, scratchbuilt, hot SMC Show & Shine rod, custom, classic, antique, drag/road race etc. Yes, we'd like to see a bunch of finished cars, but THERE ARE NO RULES.
    QUOTE QUOTE #4

5. ScaleMotorcars's Avatar Administrator
    Name
    Daniel
    We need a flyer's for the show.

Something fitting that could be passed at out any model shows and could be displayed and sent out to the members.

Anyone interested???
    QUOTE QUOTE #5

6. This is a cool idea!
    It's a fine line between stupid and cleaver....
    David St. Hubbins "Spinal Tap"
    QUOTE QUOTE #6

7. Rick's Avatar Member
    Name
    Rick
    You're going to see periodic updates on the Show & Shine, here's the first one.

Dan and Don are going to throw in a gift certificate that will be good for a purchase of goodies from Dan's store. The winner of the gift certificate will be a name drawn from all the entrants, same as with the Deuce body. And by the way, the Moderators are not eligible for the draw.

This is not a contest folks, its strictly a "Show & Shine" and "ANY" large scale car can enter. Just to add some fun, try to take your photo's outside so we can add some realism to it. And if you are entering more than one car, feel free to submit a group photo. We want this to be a fun event.
    QUOTE QUOTE #7

8. Rick's Avatar Member
    Name
    Rick
    We're going to invite non members to participate with us in our first ever "Show & Shine". If you have a friend who builds in large scale but is not a member of our site, give him/her an invite to participate. If you're a member of another site and you'd like to spend the weekend with us, you're more than welcome. Remember, this event is open to ANY large scale model car.

Because non members cannot post here, just send your photo's and a description of your car to one of us the week prior to the show, and we'll post your car(s) for you. There's no registration and no judgeing, just showing off what you've built or are building. Draw prizes are for SMC members only.
    QUOTE QUOTE #8

9. Rick's Avatar Member
    Name
    Rick
    For everyone's benefit, I'll answer a couple of non member questions here. Yes, even though you're not a site member, you can still view the show and shine. Yes, I will post your pictures for you, send them to me at <rick21142@shaw.ca>.
    QUOTE QUOTE #9

10. Rick's Avatar Member
    Name
    Rick
    Because I've had a couple more enquiries from folks who are not members of this site, I'll clarify a couple of issues again.

First, the "Show & Shine" is open to our members, members of other sites and anyone who builds large scale model cars.

Secondly, there is no entry fee and there will be no judgeing.

Finally......if you are not a member of this site, please send your photos (preferrably taken outside) to me at <rick21142@shaw.ca> and I will enter them for you. Please include a brief description of the car with your photos. If you are a non member who wishes to participate with us, please send your photos now.

For the record...."NO", this is not a solicitation for membership to this site.

Thanks to all non members for your enquiries.
    Last edited by Rick; 04-18-08 at 01:44 PM.
    QUOTE QUOTE #10

11. Firecaptain's Avatar Active Member
    Hey is it possible to use the backround, font and text that is used on the "Welcome to SMC" with the Bugatti, and design the Show 'n Shine flyer?
    Joe
    QUOTE QUOTE #11

12. Rick's Avatar Member
    Name
    Rick
    I'm not sure that we'll be doing a flyer for the Show & Shine Joe. However, I think your suggestion is a great one for the next event that you'll be mentioning soon. Talk to me off site.
    QUOTE QUOTE #12

13. Rick's Avatar Member
    Name
    Rick
    Just so nobody gets confused, we haven't lost this page, we've just moved it. You'll notice that we've also added a "Pocher Events" page. Watch for an announcement there soon.
    QUOTE QUOTE #13

14. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    Also, very soon, I will be announcing an event for the fixed wing gang so stay tuned asthings develop.
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #14

15. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    There's been a lot of chatter about this "Show & Shine" event and I haven't had much time to build anything lately, Big Al, new products and Rick's Weekend Warrior are eating up most of my hobby time, soooooooooooo here's what I have in mind. As you know I'm not eligible for any drawings or or goodies so I'm going to build "Grandpa McGurk's Magic Elixir" zany show car. I'll be using the platform I did for the C-cab show and tell thing, I tried to show you guys how to construct the platform for a C-Cab or beach woody....remember? The top section is up to you....I just wanted to (hopefully) show some simple basics.

This will be my "show and shine" car. Body is plastic, fabric and wood. Working coil spring suspension and a 4 cylinder engine of my own kit bashed design, I'm using a Jag block and a Pocher RR head (I know I'll get abused for that). I'm not doing a tutorial or how to...just a fun build 'cause I could use a break, but please feel to ask if you want to know how I did this or that. By the way...it will be an exhaust driven turbo plumber's nightmare......gonna have some fun and do it my way!
    Grandpa McGurk.....Steppin' Large and Livin' easy.
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #15