Close

2011 Glenmoor Gathering
Goal amount for this year: 518 USD, Received: 415.00 USD (80%)
Scalemotorcars is a free and open community devoted to scale modeling. The heart and soul of Scalemotorcars is our global community of over 10,000+ contributors, millions of readers, and donors like yourself all united to share unlimited access to reliable information. Your donations keep Scalemotorcars freely available to everyone.

This years bandwidth costs, hosting service, domain registration, software licensing fees, and maintenance cost have a balance of $518 due by the end of August, (extended to the end of Septembers). Please help us keep Scalemotorcars growing by making a donation today.
Thank you.

2011 Glenmoor Gathering 2011 Glenmoor Gathering 2011 Glenmoor Gathering 2011 Glenmoor Gathering 2011 Glenmoor Gathering
Accepted Payment Types

1. xken's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Kenneth
    That time of the year again and I know the site has been down. We are looking for participants to show their models at Glenmoor.
    I know Dan has his hands full, so those interested please contact me directly with a couple of images of your model(s) and a brief description. xken@sssnet.com
    Below is a link to last year's event, but please note the Model Display Section has not been updated yet. We are still looking for Sponsors at any level.

This is a great venue and we had a great deal of interest last year. Last year Fiore Di Bernardo brought his 1/3rd scale Maserati and display engine from London, Ontario, Canada.

Here is a plug from Hemmings that was post previously Mighty mini motoring at the Glenmoor Gathering at Hemmings Blog: Classic and collectible cars and parts

http://www.glenmoorgathering.com/scalemodeldisplay.html

K
    en
    Last edited by xken; 08-04-11 at 05:40 PM.
    QUOTE QUOTE #1

2. xken's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Kenneth
    Great New s from Andy! Received this email this morning! I believe that this is now the first sponsored Scale Model Concours ever in the nation to be held at such a fabulous show. Congratulations to Andy for his efforts.

A sponsor has stepped forward with a very generous contribution for the scale model concours at Glenmoor. I spoke with David Schultz at Glenmoor yesterday with the good news and he's very excited.

[B]In conjunction with the sponsorship two new awards have been established at Glenmoor and they will be presented during the concours awards ceremony. The first award is the scale concours best of show award. The winner of this will receive a Glenmoor trophy identical to those given to the Class winners of the concours.[/B] The best of show judges are going to be The chairman of the Glenmoor gathering and one of the featured artists at the show.

The second award is the people's choice award. This award will be given to the builder of the model selected as the favorite by all concours attendees. For this award we are going to need ballots, a ballot box and some way of numbering each entrants model so people can vote for their favorite. David felt that these two awards will increase the visibility of the scale concours and encourage more people to come over and check it out.

[B]The donor of the sponsorship has indicated that this is something he'd like to do on an annual basis[/B] so it looks like the scale model concours is set to grow over the years into a special and prestigious event.

I light of this news perhaps those of you who have been sitting on the fence will now jump in and participate to show the results of your efforts.

Thanks again Andy for your efforts to take this show to the next level.

Ken
    QUOTE QUOTE #2

3. Andym's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Andy
    This is very cool!!!! The Judges Best of Show winner is going to receive the same award that all other concours class winners recieve (see below). The People's Choice Best of Show winner is going to take home a beautiful piece of crystal. And both awards are going to be presented by the concours chairman in front of all the concours patrons at the awards parade. I think that the Judges Best of Show winner is also going to have his piece featured in next year's concours program along with all the other winners.

So this is it folks. The Glenmoor Gathering Scale Model Concours d'Elegance is set to become a world-class event. But all the donations and trophys in the world ain't worth a piece of styrene 2011 Glenmoor Gathering if we don't get the models to show up. The Glenmoor is a fantastic event at a beautiful venue that is easily accessible. So please reach out to Ken and start making plans to help us grow this event into something truly amazing.

Andy.

P.S. for more information, check out www.glenmoorgathering.com

2011 Glenmoor Gathering-glenmoor_bos-jpg
    When I was young I used to say "When I grow up I'm going to be somebody!"

I now realize I should have been more specific.
    QUOTE QUOTE #3

4. gbritnell's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    George
    Hi Ken,
    pm sent.
    George
    QUOTE QUOTE #4

5. xken's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Kenneth
    We are not being overwhelmed by participants this year! So far only 4 entrants and 2 maybes due to medical situations with family.

Please consider stepping up and participating, even works in progress are welcome. Cars, engines and airplanes are allowed.

Now that we have a sponsor it would be a shame for this show to die on the vine due to lack of interest.

Please, if interested at all or have questions contact me directly.

Ken Foran phone 330 264-4487 evenings are best; or email xken@sssnet.com

Ken
    QUOTE QUOTE #5

6. xken's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Kenneth
    [B]Last Call for participants!!
    [/B]

I need to submit list of names by Wednesday for inclusion in the show for security reasons. Names must be on "the list" to get past the security gate.

We have a great cross section of exhibitors again this year.

Ken
    QUOTE QUOTE #6

7. ScaleMotorcars's Avatar Administrator
    Name
    Daniel
    Just a reminder. If your in the Ohio area you really dont want to miss this.
    QUOTE QUOTE #7