Close

1. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    No pictures to show today but I've settled a number of details for the Chevy.

1. I've got half the roll up window mechanism done and I can solve my "too thin" gear problem. The next step will be to make the window itself and the retaining part.

2. I've settled the details for the final color scheme. The body will be painted Kandy Cobalt Blue sprayed over a Metallic Model Sunday 24 Oct 2010 Stratto Blue undercoat. That will give me a nice rich deep blue with some of the red in the Cobalt paint removed. It will be a purer blue. The top will be covered with white vinyl like a Carson top. The interior will be a medium blue with dark blue tuck and roll seat centers all made in leather.

3. The chrome will be kitchen foil glued onto the plastic parts. They'll be highly polished. I would use BMF Model Sunday 24 Oct 2010 but it's way too grainy for this application. Besides, I've already experimented with the kitchen foil and have the technique down. It really does work.

4. Lightly weathered undercarriage

5. If I have enough time, I want to try and light this baby up. I think it's large enough to do but I don't want to rush on some of the other details.

Alrighty then.
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #1

2. Brizio's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Brizio
    Didn't had any project this week end... But I will start a little tree Model Sunday 24 Oct 2010 ... My Sweet Half, want the Charlie Brown Christmas tree Model Sunday 24 Oct 2010 , so that will be my new project... :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #2

3. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    When the Sweet Half talks, ya gotta listen.
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #3

4. Brizio's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Brizio
    Yep!

But I really like see her very interested in this project! :) I wonder if in the future she will ask me a kit to build herself! :D
    Last edited by Brizio; 10-25-10 at 11:06 AM.
    QUOTE QUOTE #4