Close

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
  1. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    The Scale Motorcars Show & Contest runs from October 1st 2010 to January 31st 2011.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________________
    Rules, times, dates, awards, updates and all the other info will go in this space....refer back to it as needed. This is a work in progress ScaleMotorcars Online Model Car Show & Contest and for admin. use only!
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________
    YOU MUST REGISTER IN THE ANNOUNCEMENTS SECTION TO BE ELIBLE FOR AWARDS!

RULES:
    To be eligible for a prize or cash award your entry must be a 1/16th or larger automotive build.
    Box stock ScaleMotorcars Online Model Car Show & Contest , kit bashed, aftermarket parts, scratch built ScaleMotorcars Online Model Car Show & Contest or any combination of the above. Diorama's are okay as long as they contain a vehicle in the scales posted above, however only the vehicle will be judged.

Before anyone goes off thinking they don't have a chance of winning against some of the pro-builders or painters keep this in mind...the entries will be judges based on originality, effort and wow factors...not necessarily skill level or the amount of money spent.

Sooner or later someone will ask if large bikes or trikes are eligible.....yes, but only if they have an automotive engine, the only exception to this would be using an engine like a V-12 aircraft engine.
    Other large scale motorcycles are welcomed as part of the show but not eligible for the contest / show awards.
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________
    The Madd Fabricator is donating one of his glass bodies as a "special award prize"
    Everyone who enters a build "other than an eligible contest award winner" will be entered in a drawing for the M.F. special award at the end of the contest. Even if your large scale entry isn't finished but you have registered for the contest...you could win!
    Moderators...can enter, but no favoritism will be shown.
    Sponsors will not be eligible for prizes.
    SPONSERS, PRIZES & AWARDS:

ScaleMotorcars:
    Dan Megard
    Award: Revell ScaleMotorcars Online Model Car Show & Contest Big T kit.

TDR ScaleMotorcars Online Model Car Show & Contest Innovations:
    Tim, The Madd Fabricator, Tony & Don
    Award: $100 credit at www.tdrcatalog.com

Ricks Pick:
    Rick Gonder, Don Garrett
    Award: $100

Ricks Pick:
    Rick Gonder
    Award: 4-$25 Awards

The Madd Fabricator "Special Award"
    Award: Fiberglass P-38 Belly Tank body
    Last edited by Don Garrett; 11-22-10 at 09:26 AM.
    Grandpa McGurk.....Steppin' Large and Livin' easy.
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #1

2. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    Okay....gang, let's put 'er in gear & pop the clutch.
    Time to rub a few of those long too dormant brain cells together and see if we get a spark.

Here's my entry for the show........darn this is one butt ugly model, but I love a challenge!
    It's a 1/12th scale Lindy Dragster? At least that's what the box says .
    The frame looks like something from one of Ed Roths creations. Actually the entire chassis is a carry over from one of those old motorized futuristic cars they introduced back when I was a youngster (yeah, that was a long time ago).

If you like chrome you'd love this kit.......man, other than the 2 piece body (yeah, it's 2 halves as are the rubber like tires????) it's chrome for days. Guess I'd better pick up another gallon of bleach ScaleMotorcars Online Model Car Show & Contest .

TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #2

3. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    So what do you guys have in mind for you builds? For now let's keep the think tank, works in progress and all the chatter in this thread so that we can find them without a lot of searching for threads.
    Last edited by Don Garrett; 10-02-10 at 12:43 PM.
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #3

4. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    Looks like I have to sit this one out. I'm in the middle of my visible B17G build. I'll still be watching though.
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #4

5. docwatson1938's Avatar Update Profile Please
    Name
    Doc.
    Hey guys while I am waiting for some reference material for my Beaufighter I just started on the Italeri WWII HD, building it as a bobber. Is this acceptable in the comp? If so I'm in too.

And yes I'm shy and don't talk much....................
    (You all believe me right??)

Doc.
    Last edited by docwatson1938; 10-03-10 at 08:57 AM.
    Proud to have served.

Wondering, WHY ME? since 1972.
    QUOTE QUOTE #5

6. Deuces-wild's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Guido
    I do have a question Don.... Do we start our own thread "on the workbench"??
    Be nice or else ~1~**
    QUOTE QUOTE #6

7. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    Doc, yeah, you can enter your scooter...go back to the beginning of this thread and read the rules I've just posted. You won't however be eligible for some of the awards unless you stick an automotive flattie or something in your bobber.

Since when did you get shy?
    Last edited by Don Garrett; 10-03-10 at 10:59 AM.
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #7

8. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuces-wild View Post
    I do have a question Don.... Do we start our own thread "on the workbench"??
    Guido you can start your own thread if you want in the workbench section or large scale car section etc......just start your thread with "SMC Show Entry" so that we can find it come judging time.
    All the entries will be asked to post a few pics of their builds in a special thread towards the end of the contest....it will however benefit you & help the judges make their decisions if you have in progress shots posted....that way they may see something that would otherwise be overlooked.
    Last edited by Don Garrett; 10-03-10 at 11:10 AM.
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #8

9. Deuces-wild's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Guido
    Ok! I'll do it here then......... Thanks!
    Be nice or else ~1~**
    QUOTE QUOTE #9

10. EstebanLoco's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Steve
    I haven't totally decided on my choice for the show. I'm still going through some old hot ScaleMotorcars Online Model Car Show & Contest rod bokks, Rod & Custom, etc. Here's a few things I do know...

Where the E Deuce was more vintage-traditional (banjo rear end, flattie, '40 Ford steering wheel, 'stones etc.) this guy will be everything but.

I'm taking 'bigs & littles' to the extreme by using the massive Goodrich TA 50's (from the Dragon Fire trike - I think) & Pirelli 135's (motorcycle tires). My torque thrusts will finally make their debut (Goodrich TA's only). No brakes in front. Rear end will probably be jacked up - not lowered. There will also be a Moon gas tank.

Engine will most likely be a supercharged Lindy with 6 Strombergs on top and something special on top of those. This guy might have trouble getting under some low bridges as it will be one tall motor. And I might as well dip the finished engine in chrome because it will sparkle.

And yes, there will be wood.

More to come.

Steve
    [I]I'm just a soul whose intentions are good . . .

"A picture is worth a thousand words, but a model is worth a thousand pictures." Harley Earl[/I]
    QUOTE QUOTE #10

11. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    Quote Originally Posted by EstebanLoco View Post
    I haven't totally decided on my choice for the show. I'm still going through some old hot ScaleMotorcars Online Model Car Show & Contest rod bokks, Rod & Custom, etc. Here's a few things I do know...

Where the E Deuce was more vintage-traditional (banjo rear end, flattie, '40 Ford steering wheel, 'stones etc.) this guy will be everything but.

I'm taking 'bigs & littles' to the extreme by using the massive Goodrich TA 50's (from the Dragon Fire trike - I think) & Pirelli 135's (motorcycle tires). My torque thrusts will finally make their debut (Goodrich TA's only). No brakes in front. Rear end will probably be jacked up - not lowered. There will also be a Moon gas tank.

Engine will most likely be a supercharged Lindy with 6 Strombergs on top and something special on top of those. This guy might have trouble getting under some low bridges as it will be one tall motor. And I might as well dip the finished engine in chrome because it will sparkle.

And yes, there will be wood.

More to come.

Steve
    Sounds wicked, evil, mean and nasty Steve.......now that's some serious rodding.
    Hot ScaleMotorcars Online Model Car Show & Contest Rods Rule......
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #11

12. docwatson1938's Avatar Update Profile Please
    Name
    Doc.
    Thanks for that Don, had I won anything anyway (Not likely!) I would have donated the prize to someone more deserving anyway!

When did I become shy? Man, I've always been shy, you don't hear me talking much.....er....well, you know...........

Doc.
    Proud to have served.

Wondering, WHY ME? since 1972.
    QUOTE QUOTE #12

13. strevo's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Steve
    I'd love to join in, but I've just been way too busy lately to get any bench time. Plus, I need to finish my Testarossa motor before I move on to anything new (yeah right ). I've started house hunting though, which should hopefully make building a lot easier than it is now in a small apartment. My wife's not a big fan of glue fumes, and the neighbors tend to frown on spray paint dust on their cars I'm hoping to find one and move in in the next 6-9 months.
    -Steve
    "Success and failure are the same choice; only attitude determines the difference." Ross A. Halliday
    QUOTE QUOTE #13

14. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    Heck Steve, build one out of card stock with white glue and paint it with water based makers on the coffee table...remember I said the entries would be judged on originality and so on.....nothing in the rules sez it has to be a box kit. All you need is a touch of imagination (which you have) and the desire to have some fun.
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #14

15. Deuces-wild's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Guido
    Are there any chances I could enter more than one build??? I've been thinking about starting the 1/12 scale '71 Mach 1 also besides the BIG T.... That way I don't get burned out on one kit...
    Last edited by Deuces-wild; 12-05-10 at 06:03 AM.
    Be nice or else ~1~**
    QUOTE QUOTE #15